Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Is the restaurant mushroom victim telling the truth?
Yes 9 22.50%
No 31 77.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By lizsquiz
  • 1 Post By Keith

Old 07-09-2013, 05:38 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

1807: Heromakers

with Dan Hirshon and Jay Nog

www.twitter.com/DHirshon

www.twitter.com/JayNog

Share this episode: Heromakers (Keith and The Girl) - Comedy Talk Show & Podcast

Subscribe for free: Keith and The Girl podcast on your iPhone, iPad and iPod with iTunes

Last edited by Marisela; 07-11-2013 at 11:38 AM.
(Online)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 08:21 PM   #2 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

That story about the woman who almost lost her organs due to the doctor's incompetence...completely disgusting and I am frankly shocked that not only are they only getting fined $6,000 for that, but they aren't losing their license or being charged with attempted murder??? There are strict protocols that doctors are supposed to follow which they clearly didn't although one of the nurses did. And for them to IGNORE the nurse and continue with a procedure that would most certainly kill the person...it was a blatant lack of care and respect for human life that they demonstrated. So sad that she ended up killing herself for real the second time. She should have been linked to a mental health facility. Sad that her family didn't care enough to push the issue of HEY YOU ALMOST FUCKING KILLED MY FAMILY MEMBER DUE TO GROSS NEGLIGENCE AND LACK OF FUCKING CARING!

Also, there are rather strict standards as to what organs can be pulled from donors. They are supposed to be tested for diseases, viability etc before they pull the organs. So fucking ridiculous all around.
Old 07-11-2013, 07:38 AM   #3 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Every time I hear "egg on your face" I think of Patrice O'Neal.

(8:20 in)

Last edited by John Galt; 07-11-2013 at 07:45 AM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 08:20 AM   #4 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Re: people who sign the release to let their face be shown on "Catch a predator" etc. This phenomenon has always intrigued me, starting from "Cops". As far as I can tell, in the early days of the show, noone signed the release. They blurred most people's faces. Then, as the show got popular, 80% or more of people now sign the release, so they don't bother with the face blurring for the others anymore.

Similarly, I don't know if you guys have this show in the US called "Embarrassing Bodies". (And its spinoffs "Embarrassing fat bodies" and "embarrassing teen bodies")

As a bbc program ie based in the UK with some sort of nationalized medical aid/insurance, it was totally beyond me why or how would someone end up on this program. I saw, for example, a fat woman with a vaginal prolapse. And a man with a chronically itchy asshole. How do these people sign a release?! (Turns out, if your condition needs elective surgery, the show pays for it. But if your weird rash or unusually smelly bits just need ointment or something, well, you just told the whole world you don't know how to wash your balls, sir)
JSZilla likes this.
Old 07-12-2013, 07:44 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizsquiz View Post
Re: people who sign the release to let their face be shown on "Catch a predator" etc. This phenomenon has always intrigued me, starting from "Cops". As far as I can tell, in the early days of the show, noone signed the release. They blurred most people's faces. Then, as the show got popular, 80% or more of people now sign the release, so they don't bother with the face blurring for the others anymore.

Similarly, I don't know if you guys have this show in the US called "Embarrassing Bodies". (And its spinoffs "Embarrassing fat bodies" and "embarrassing teen bodies")

As a bbc program ie based in the UK with some sort of nationalized medical aid/insurance, it was totally beyond me why or how would someone end up on this program. I saw, for example, a fat woman with a vaginal prolapse. And a man with a chronically itchy asshole. How do these people sign a release?! (Turns out, if your condition needs elective surgery, the show pays for it. But if your weird rash or unusually smelly bits just need ointment or something, well, you just told the whole world you don't know how to wash your balls, sir)
As far as To Catch a Predator goes, I'd say inherent stupidity or perhaps they are told they will not be prosecuted but this has to still be aired...Or maybe it's signed after the fact. Or MAAAAYBE they think all publicity is good publicity lol.
Old 07-12-2013, 01:47 PM   #6 (permalink)
Administrator
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

People love the idea of being Famous no matter what the cost. I think that show proves it. You would never see me sign a release for The you a child molester show. Not that I would ever be out on for and reason.
Old 07-12-2013, 02:04 PM   #7 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Right. You just heard there were warm cookies, cold lemonade, and that the parents aren't home - which just means more cookies and lemonade for you, a trip worth making even if it takes 6 hours to get there.
JSZilla likes this.
(Online)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 02:06 PM   #8 (permalink)
Administrator
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
Right. You just heard there were warm cookies, cold lemonade, and that the parents aren't home - which just means more cookies and lemonade for you, a trip worth making even if it takes 6 hours to get there.
Who can say no to warm cookies?