Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Would Keith make a good dog owner?
Yes 47 61.04%
No 30 38.96%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree12Likes

Old 07-15-2013, 09:51 PM   #31 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
I heard most of Weird Al's parodies of the original song before I ever heard the original song.
You've said that before and I'm sure it's happened to everyone who has ever heard him with one song or another. I know someone who pretty much only listens to Weird Al and then years later will hear the real version of something he does in a polka and that's the only time she ever feels like a normal person knowing the words to something on the radio. It's probably a wonderful existence. Like living in the woods; yeah, you don't have electricity but you don't have to pay taxes.

What are other examples of the song before track 1? I only ever encountered it on the Jim's Big Ego album Someday Cafe. And I have tried for years to figure out how to get it into iTunes. By tried I mostly mean wondered if someone would do it for me.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 10:02 PM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audious757 View Post
Your taste of shitty music is only topped by your shit comedy.
So are you saying Danny's comedy is better than his taste in music?
Old 07-16-2013, 01:56 AM   #33 (permalink)
Administrator
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Music weirdness

I hate the bonus track shit on CD's where you wait anywhere from 2 to 10 minutes to hear a piece of shit song. Or it's worse when it's a great song because you have to wait so long to get to it. OR, Korn started their 3rd album at track 14 because there was a total of 13 tracks and they were superstitious.

There is one weird track by an obscure Perth band called Cinema Prague. They were/are (kinda still going) a trio of tripped out jazzy/rock/prog crazy pants players who wrote catchy tunes. Their album, Meldatype, has a track of the same name which just sounds like a few minutes of noise; a weird drum smash, 4 bass notes, something resembling guitar.... just crap and it's not at the end of the album but the middle. Anyhoo, if you mess with the phasing on your speakers or invert the phasing on Left or Right of the stereo track and THEN convert it to mono - you hear a nice jazzy piano tune. Nothing resembling the noisy mess when you listen to it "normally".

Without getting too technical, it's a really neat trick to try with certain songs/albums to be able to hear certain instruments are bits that aren't noticeable over everything else going. When the phase is flipped on one side, anything that is stereo effectively gets cancelled out so that only the stuff that was recorded panned center (in the middle of your head when you listen on headphones) is left. Some songs sound the same but others sound really different and can highlight riffs or ambient sounds that are buried in the track normally. One of these days I'll post an example of what I mean, but I'm at work and clearly don't have time to do that... Ah - just found a Wiki to explain it better than I did - Out Of Phase Stereo. It even references Cinema Prague in it.

Out Of Phase Stereo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

rising above bedlam...: Cinema Prague - Meldatype
Old 07-16-2013, 04:10 AM   #34 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Christian

Hilarious Episode. I never before knew the not funny guy's name from Frat Pack movies & Eastside and Down.. He ruins every movie or show he's in for me. Props to Christian for calling it.
Old 07-16-2013, 04:14 AM   #35 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

RunPee

The Runpee app should branch out into bonus tracks
Old 07-16-2013, 12:05 PM   #36 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgycandy View Post
Hilarious Episode. I never before knew the not funny guy's name from Frat Pack movies & Eastside and Down.. He ruins every movie or show he's in for me. Props to Christian for calling it.
See? People don't know what a lot of things are called.
Old 07-16-2013, 01:34 PM   #37 (permalink)

I'm at the part where Christian is talking about Puggles. He's right, those things have an endless supply of energy.
Old 07-18-2013, 01:32 PM   #38 (permalink)

Kiss this guy

I am one who definitely thought "Kiss the sky" was "Kiss this guy". We are legion. Hendrix himself used to play with it by miming kissing the bass player onstage.
In 10cc's "I'm Not in Love", for a long time I thought the female whispering "Be quiet, big boys don't cry, big boys don't cry" was saying "Requesting quiet. Requesting quiet."