Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: How long have you been listening to KATG?
Over 8 years 40 29.63%
6-8 years 47 34.81%
4-6 years 23 17.04%
2-4 years 14 10.37%
1-2 years 7 5.19%
1 year or less 4 2.96%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree31Likes

Old 07-17-2013, 09:19 AM   #11 (permalink)
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Thanks for the new old show notes Danny.

2-3 months in to VIP and starting at the begging I've listened to the first 32 shows. I stopped the old shows for a bit so I could get caught up on all the spinoff shows, Chemda first 30 WMNs have taken some time but I now only have a year of spinnoffs to catch up on and then I'm going back to the old shows.

That gives Danny some time to catch up on show notes. Having recently listened to these early shows I loved this episode. Also I bought today both Audible books with the VIP code two for the price of one.

-scott
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 09:22 AM   #12 (permalink)

Oh man, the poll question forced me to think back to my very first episode. I remember being really confused by it, because there were a lot of guests, but I especially remember one of the guests talking about burying a knife in Central Park. I looked it up and it's episode 481: Oh Canada. That was over six years ago. Crazy.

I'm re-listening to it now.

Chemda: Did you wipe off your prints before you did that?!
Spooky: My prints aren't on file; it's alright.

So good.
Old 07-17-2013, 10:02 AM   #13 (permalink)

I agree with Danny that KATG now is different, but not better or worse. There were some obvious evolutions such as Keith and Chemda going full-time into the show, and then the break-up, but that didn't make me pine for the old days in either case. The introduction and death of MySpace, the popularity of YouTube and Twitter, and other factors have changed the community as well allowing more and more touchpoints. Sadly, I don't spend as much time on the forums as I used to for these reasons.

I do miss Patrice as a regular guest. We now have a great variety of guests, but I enjoyed the near-weekly consistency of Gossip Thursdays and Keith asking "What's going on with those whooores?" Also, we haven't had a HUAR news bite in ages.

Onwards and upwards. 8 more years.
lizzy1e and Sparrow like this.
Old 07-17-2013, 10:17 AM   #14 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

In earlier episodes Chemda has a "sing-songy little girl voice" that she would often use. Now her voice seems more natural and generally more serious.
JSZilla likes this.
Old 07-17-2013, 11:10 AM   #15 (permalink)

This episode is totally making me decide to go back to listen to old shows again.

I miss horrible clown stories. Perhaps that could be a VIP show... Do clowning once a month... Do it for me?? I'm worth it.
Old 07-17-2013, 12:31 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by william View Post
Saw him perform last year at a kids event then ran into him at a charity event.
I was going to add "dead" to my list. But it looks like I'd be wrong if I had. He lives!!! That blow up and the time Eats Paste was called out on another show was two of the biggest OMFG blow outs. Excluding of course, any and all times McNally was present and hilarity ensued. Also, Spooky. Because he was Spooky.
Old 07-17-2013, 01:30 PM   #17 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post
Oh man, the poll question forced me to think back to my very first episode. I remember being really confused by it, because there were a lot of guests, but I especially remember one of the guests talking about burying a knife in Central Park. I looked it up and it's episode 481: Oh Canada. That was over six years ago. Crazy.

So good.
love these, six years to post,
Welcome!
and . . . you know

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSZilla View Post
I was going to add "dEad" to my list.
always an option
JSZilla likes this.

Last edited by dEadERest; 07-17-2013 at 01:35 PM.
Old 07-17-2013, 06:03 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post

So good.
im constantly listening to the back catelogue. it keeps me sane at work. but i just cant listen to anything with spooky in it. that goes the samewith mc nalley, but before the whole MNIK episode(s) i still skipped mostof his episodes. could never pick out why i didnt like him.... oh well...
Old 07-18-2013, 02:07 AM   #19 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

I've been listening for over 4 years, but I'm a fan of all 8.5 years.

This is Trayvon Martin in Georgia:

This is the victim Trayvon Martin from Florida:

Last edited by PsychoLoco; 07-18-2013 at 02:13 AM.
Old 07-18-2013, 05:55 PM   #20 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoLoco View Post
I've been listening for over 4 years, but I'm a fan of all 8.5 years.

This is Trayvon Martin in Georgia:

This is the victim Trayvon Martin from Florida:

I could just as easily show you pictures of my 18 year old nephew doing the same exact things and he is not in the least bit violent or aggressive, he is a kid. My second oldest nephew was friends with Trayvon and I assure you he too is no thug and last I checked thugs don't kick it with squares. But I get your point, this kid obviously should have been shot for walking home with snacks. I mean who the fuck does he think he is? Or rather was.
Blitzgal likes this.