Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: How long have you been listening to KATG?
Over 8 years 40 29.63%
6-8 years 47 34.81%
4-6 years 23 17.04%
2-4 years 14 10.37%
1-2 years 7 5.19%
1 year or less 4 2.96%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree31Likes

Old 07-18-2013, 06:03 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoLoco View Post
This is the victim Trayvon Martin from Florida:

If social media was as popular 30 years ago as it is today, imagine how many pictures like this would be floating around.
Blitzgal likes this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 06:32 PM   #22 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJQuad View Post
If social media was as popular 30 years ago as it is today, imagine how many pictures like this would be floating around.
Say what?! Preposterous!
Old 07-18-2013, 06:34 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larion View Post
Say what?! Preposterous!
Ignore him.

He's white.

He has no concept of the black man's struggle.

Also, 30 years ago, black people would have had their own section of the internet.
Old 07-18-2013, 06:54 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scumhook View Post
He has no concept of the black man's struggle
Their ancestors picked cotton in America, mine picked olives in Italy. I fully understand the struggle.
Old 07-18-2013, 07:02 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJQuad View Post
Their ancestors picked cotton in America, mine picked olives in Italy. I fully understand the struggle.
I stand corrected.
Larion likes this.
Old 07-19-2013, 12:22 AM   #26 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larion View Post
I could just as easily show you pictures of my 18 year old nephew doing the same exact things and he is not in the least bit violent or aggressive, he is a kid. My second oldest nephew was friends with Trayvon and I assure you he too is no thug and last I checked thugs don't kick it with squares. But I get your point, this kid obviously should have been shot for walking home with snacks. I mean who the fuck does he think he is? Or rather was.
I didn't post this picture to get into an argument; I posted it because the show notes have a picture of the wrong Trayvon Martin in them for this episode.

Last edited by PsychoLoco; 07-19-2013 at 12:40 AM.
Old 07-19-2013, 12:47 AM   #27 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

I would like to see pictures of your 18 year old nephew doing the same thing.
Old 07-19-2013, 12:50 AM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
I didn't post this picture to get into an argument; I posted it because the show notes have a picture of the wrong Trayvon Martin in them for this episode. Since you seem inclined to get into one, I'll hear you out if you have some ground-breaking evidence you should have testified to at the trial.

Otherwise, facts are facts and pictures are pictures. It looks to me that Trayvon has had his nose broken because the bridge is pronounced at the top in the more recent photos. It could have been an accident (or just a shadow), but the most likely conclusion is that this young man was no stranger to physical confrontation.

And please don't go on a tirade about profiling and racism. I was profiled this past Tuesday by a government official. I went to an official meeting and as I entered the building with a group of 10 people I was pulled aside by an employee because I didn't "look Ukrainian enough" and had to show my passport. Every time you apply for a credit card or insurance you get profiled. Given the testimony in the case, it seems Trayvon and his friend Rachel thought GZ was a rapist or pedophile, not a racist.
Firstly how do I seem inclined to want to get into an argument? You felt it your duty to make sure you got the right pictures up and I felt inclined to tell you that those pictures prove absolutely nothing. I hardly feel that supports your idea that I came to argue, I'm not now nor have I ever been one to post in forums just to start some shit and engage with people from the internet in a lively war of words.

Secondly I don't need any ground breaking evidence because I am not saying that George Zimmerman was guilty of breaking the laws which are in place. But since we are on the subject of evidence A) What evidence do you have to support your grand theory that he was most likely "no stranger to physical confrontation."? (Wouldn't be the pictures you posted would it?) and B) What would his inclination to scuffle (according to you) have to do with him protecting himself when approached by a complete stranger who had no authority or reason to be following him in the first place?

And finally all your story about profiling based on appearance supported is that it is wrong, I already felt that way, a lot of people do. Sure we are all profiled when you apply for credit cards based on a credit score not your name or skin color. And Trayvon may have felt like he was a sexual predator of some sort (as would I probably would have at 17 walking home alone being followed by a man in a car, that's creepy as FUCK unless it is a marked police vehicle then it's just scary because I don't know why I'm being followed by the police) but he was followed by GZ because he was a Black kid in a hoodie in what he presumed to be the wrong neighborhood and that is why ANY of this happened.
Old 07-19-2013, 12:57 AM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
I would like to see pictures of your 18 year old nephew doing the same thing.
These are the only ones I could find because I no longer have that computer but I posted these on Twitter a little over three years ago so he would have been about 15, I know he had one flicking the bird in there too but I don't have it any more, either way you get the idea. Now a weed smoking picture I couldn't produce because he told me he tried it and it just wasn't his thing I told him not to worry about it because as a kid I smoked enough for the both of us and that he could always try again. To this day he is a 6'4" goofball and gentle giant.

http://twitpic.com/1dx35p

http://twitpic.com/1dx382
Blitzgal likes this.

Last edited by Larion; 07-19-2013 at 01:07 AM.
Old 07-19-2013, 12:59 AM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
I didn't post this picture to get into an argument; I posted it because the show notes have a picture of the wrong Trayvon Martin in them for this episode.
You are a faggot piece of shit.

Not because you're a racist cunt. That appears to be your good point.

You're a faggot for editing your post.

If you fucking write something, fucking stand behind it you gutless piece of shit.
Larion likes this.