Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Will Myka Fox ever find The One?
Yes 35 53.03%
No 31 46.97%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree38Likes

Old 07-18-2013, 02:04 AM   #11 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

KatG: A Modern Religion

Keith and the Girl is a religion.

It's absolutely free, but you are a dick if you don't contribute something. It also rewards you the more you put into it.

KatG contains: the masculine, the feminine, and even the transgendered; which is far more evolved/ modern than any other religion today.

It helps prevent it's believer's from OD'ing, killing themselves, or possibly contracting an STD.

It gives advice on relationships.

It has gatherings.

Each guest is an apostle or Guest Preacher of their own respective truth.

It provides services for the poor, like giving broke-ass kids from OK beds, (sorry Danny)

It provides a service to the community.

It promotes health and hygiene, IE Keith reminding people to wash their assholes and clothes.

Define Religion. Define Church.

There is no official church choir, but I'd argue the laughter, (when in unison) would suffice. Other than that, a quick comparison to Scientology and it's official!
John Galt and ImStillToni like this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 03:08 AM   #12 (permalink)

I like these ideas of KATG as a religion.

"Forgive me Father, for I have sinned. I did not have enough impure thoughts, and it has been a whole week since I last masturbated."
Enunciated Piffle likes this.
Old 07-18-2013, 05:07 AM   #13 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Agree 100% with Chemda that "someone with a functioning camera should follow Myka for a year."

Now back to waiting for Chemda to realise she has functioning cameras up the wazoo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scumhook View Post
Soft yanks. If you're gonna run onto the ground, at least be a real man - nude up and cover yourself in vaseline first!!!
Easy Scummo, they don't even have the balls to play footy without helmets and pads to cover their poor wittle heads and shoulders, it'd be unfair to expect them to have the balls to streak without pants to cover their poor wittle willies.
Old 07-18-2013, 09:55 AM   #14 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer

Wish the poll was, does bread belong in the fridge or not? I say no, my husband says yes, and I agree with Keith and Myka that it makes the bread weird!
Bo&Ellie and Scumhook like this.
Old 07-18-2013, 10:14 AM   #15 (permalink)

Showering is like sex. It's all in the anticipation. I keep my shower waiting a couple of days, then when I get inside it, I stay a while.
Old 07-18-2013, 10:18 AM   #16 (permalink)

Its too bad that Chemda cant play off most of the jokes Keith are making. Most times it either goes over her head or she laughs it off when Keith comes up with a good one. Chemda is funny, but most of these she should at least be able to follow, having been the host for so long. When Keith made a joke about Robert Downey Jr needing all the money to pay for his talking house, I thought: "Yay! Iron Man joke coming up!" But Chemda took it as if RDJ actually has a talking house, and Keith just had to go with that. And don't go "He's rich! He could have a talking house!" In the context of the conversation this should be obvious.

I get that Chemda doesnt care about pop culture, politics or movies and that is totally fine, but the comedy of the show suffers for it. Again, Chemda is really funny, but she can't keep up with Keith most of the times because she doesn't know what he's talking about. And the references arent really that obscure, in fact they're mostly about generally known stuff. It bugs me at times and I've been listening since 2008. Community is great, but just read up on some stuff! Watch some movies! Please!

Does pointing this out make me an asshole? I signed up for an account just to post this, its been bugging me for so long. Anyway, great show as always and Myka is great.

Last edited by Cordam; 07-18-2013 at 10:19 AM. Reason: grammar-whore
Old 07-18-2013, 01:40 PM   #17 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Chemda is not Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cordam View Post
Does pointing this out make me an asshole?
Yes. You are an asshole.

Last edited by Enunciated Piffle; 07-24-2013 at 01:44 PM. Reason: My theories are mine alone
Old 07-18-2013, 02:41 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enunciated Piffle View Post
One would think an all powerful God would keep pedophiles from molesting/ ruining children's lives; especially within the church of God itself. Ah, wells. Who are we to question. Am I right?

On the topic of Myka Fox being in a relationship, I gotta say, I don't like the idea. I'm not just talking out of jealously or trying to be funny here either.

Why ruin a perfectly good hot mess of a funny comedian with: love, security, and structure of a relationship?

Myka Fox can't be tamed. Her humor comes from brilliant/ beautiful mis-communication, binging on alone time, and is fundamentally a contrarian. Have you ever dated a contrarian? It's...impossible. It's also very entertaining.

I like to think once Myka Fox has a bit more success that she finds someone. An attractive, slightly ethnic, (possibly French Canadian) organic pot farmer. Possibly living on Vancouver Island. A responsible drug taker who is adventurous. Well traveled. Maybe he's only swinging 6 or 7 inches, but he's terribly interesting.
He's not into comedy, nor does he bore Myka with trying to be funny. He's quiet, but when he speaks it's fairly smart and interesting.
They travel, go up and down the west coast, and spend the day getting high and riding ski-doos. They keep an apartment in NYC and when Myka feels bored or needs 'me time' she travels out east: alone. Her man stays on the island and understands that she needs to go. He never asks dumbass questions that an insecure man would. She simply goes. There is always an interesting comic that they rent the NYC apartment out to and she always has a blast.

Sometimes she's gone for an entire month. She's never bored. Never felt hassled or held down. Always loved or given advice, but only on her terms.
Woah. That sounds awesome.
Old 07-18-2013, 04:35 PM   #19 (permalink)

Who said she was?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enunciated Piffle View Post
Yes. You are an asshole.
Well, I did ask.

I didn't say this occurs on every episode and I didn't say she hasn't been funny lately. I did say that her knowledge of popculture and news is limited, which is something she says herself on the podcast all the time. I believe this can make it difficult at times for Keith to make jokes about these things, unless there are guests present (a lot of them do get most of the jokes).

I'm not bashing Chemda, do I come off like that? If I didn't like Chemda or thought she wasn't funny I wouldn't have listened to her show for 5 years. She's awesome, and a good fit as co-host. But I also feel that this show could be funnier if she would get more of the references being flung around, instead of saying "Is this a superhero-thing?" most of the time. A lot of the topics they discuss are popculture/celebrity/news-based and if one of the hosts knows way more than the other about these I think it can impact the comedy. Didn't say this happens all the time, but it happens enough for me to notice.

Last edited by Cordam; 07-18-2013 at 04:39 PM. Reason: grammar brothel
Old 07-18-2013, 05:45 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cordam View Post
Does pointing this out make me an asshole? I signed up for an account just to post this, its been bugging me for so long
How do you make it through the day