Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Re: Being a man: Does Keith know what women want?
Yes 40 54.05%
No 34 45.95%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree10Likes

Old 07-18-2013, 05:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

1814: What Women Want

with Mark Normand

www.twitter.com/MarkNorm

Share this episode: What Women Want (Keith and The Girl) - Comedy Talk Show & Podcast

Subscribe for free: Keith and The Girl podcast on your iPhone, iPad and iPod with iTunes

Last edited by Marisela; 07-19-2013 at 02:21 PM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 06:14 PM   #2 (permalink)

An episode featuring Mark Normand?!? I haven't even listened yet and it's already my favorite. Probably my favorite comic/pathological liar in the world, slightly ahead of Jonef O'Donnell, who is also in my top five KatG guests.
Old 07-18-2013, 08:19 PM   #3 (permalink)

I think the Rolling Stone cover is appropriate based on the story the magazine is promising will be inside. The question is why a dreamy teen, who reportedly had a bunch of friends, a promising future, and doesn't look anything like a dirty muslim, turned into one. Frankly, it's why the story is about him, and not his brother, who coincidentally was a loner, traveled to learn how to make bombs, and looked like a movie bad guy.

I guess the cover is controversial, but I don't think it's so controversial that it should be banned, like people are calling for it to be, which is hilarious considering the article's subject matter: radicalism. If you look up the kid's name on google image search almost all of the pictures are of him trying to look dreamy for the camera, like most narcissistic teenagers out there.

It's why the story is an interesting one. And even though his brother was the mastermind, I don't really care about him. I feel like I already know his story without having to read it. Like all of the recent mass shootings: Sandy Hook, Aurora, Arizona: they were all perpetrated by weirdo loners. You don't need to know more really. This kid, on the other hand, I want to know what his motivations were. A lot of the reason for that honestly is the way he looks.
Old 07-18-2013, 08:36 PM   #4 (permalink)

Don't worry the Boston bomber, sounds like a pro-wrestling name, will be executed. Might not happen this year but it will happen never less.
Old 07-18-2013, 08:53 PM   #5 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward's Screen Name View Post
This kid, on the other hand, I want to know what his motivations were. A lot of the reason for that honestly is the way he looks.
The magazine's out now. Let us know what you learn.
Old 07-18-2013, 10:34 PM   #6 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Hugsy Malone sounds like the cutest,yet most badass gangster ever. Don't get why people would choose to read into a dog's name so much.
Old 07-18-2013, 11:58 PM   #7 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Keith is 100% right. Women deep down in the most primitive part of their brain feel comforted when a man steps up and protects them. That isn't to say that women are helpless without a man around but in the context of a relationship, the knowledge that you are with a guy that can protect you if shit goes down is very arousing... I assume. I think Chemda's hesitation to confirm this is based on, among other things, not wanting some guys trying to step up and getting seriously hurt. But even she halfway admitted it and contradicted herself during the discussion.

What I don't get is how many guys have been in a situation where they felt they had to step up for their girl, or that they were being disrespected because in front of their girl. Whether you did something or not, cause I've never been in that situation and find it hard to picture most men walking around just challenging other dudes. What is the minimal amount that would have to happen before you considered it crossing a line?
Old 07-19-2013, 12:05 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by invader View Post
Keith is 100% right.
That's all I needed to read to know that whatever followed was going to be unmitigated bullshit.
Joshua likes this.
Old 07-19-2013, 02:26 AM   #9 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Concerning the waxing lady story I think Chemda is just very focused on getting along/connecting with people.
This waxing lady is getting paid for a service and she sees you once every few weeks for max half an hour. Of course she focuses on only one aspect of your life, why would she store and recall so much detail when she probably has a lot of clients to remember shit for. Being able to have a tiny personal connection with you gives her more tips and a loyal customer. She doesn't say anything negative about Lauren and probably believes that talking to you about her gay friends to show you she is cool, right?
I never brought up my sex life while lying around naked with my waxing lady - make small talk about the weather or vacations or something.
WittyReference likes this.
Old 07-19-2013, 10:37 AM   #10 (permalink)

My family more or less all moved to Maine in 1996, so I know a-thing-or-two about a-thing-or-two when it comes to lobster. Unlike crab (except Dungeness Crab), crawfish, and shrimp/prawns; Lobster has meat all throughout it's body. The top shell lifts up like a car hood, which removes the head, and take two thumbs on either side of the body then split. You will find really juicy bits of shoulder meat as big around as a pinky fingertip. Easy to get to and as tasty as claw meat. Takes a little practice, but it is really worth it.

<KATG> <!-- TINGS --> </KATG>

"This is news and people are buying it. Take away your voting privileges and your uterus, cause you're a f'n idiot." -- Keith Malley

"You don't need to be a nerd, to be good a what you do." -- Valeria G.