Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/)
-   Show Talk (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/)
-   -   1815: America's Got Jimmy (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/1815-americas-got-jimmy-17872/)

Keith 07-22-2013 06:39 PM

1815: America's Got Jimmy

with Jimmy Failla

www.twitter.com/JimmyFailla

www.twitter.com/HugsyMalone1

Share this episode: America's Got Jimmy (Keith and The Girl) - Comedy Talk Show & Podcast

Subscribe for free: Keith and The Girl podcast on your iPhone, iPad and iPod with iTunes

Suppernoob 07-22-2013 08:57 PM

Just started listening to the show, really excited. KATG and Off the Meter are the only two daily podcasts I listen to, and I was wondering when y'all would have Jimmy Failla on the main show. Good to see. :D

(It's fun seeing where the two podcasts differ on big news stories. Hint: It's a lot.)

Enunciated Piffle 07-22-2013 08:58 PM

Yes. Both Roman Polanski and Woody Allen make incredible movies, (The Ninth Gate and Crimes and Misdemeanors- both of which, but especially Woody Allen's Crimes and Misdemeanors...find and watch...seriously) but I digress...they both are sexually...super wrong/ odd. None of us approve of their personal proclivities, but they do produce thought provoking, brilliant, must see movies.

This type of thinking is like Heinz ketchup. Are they not America's favorite? Of course they are. Don't be silly. However, they are a large corporation that most likely promotes evil - on the sidelines. Indirectly. Do you stop dipping your fries in what can only be describes as bliss? Of course you don't. Heinz ketchup. Amazing.

Also, Jimmy was on Chemda's 'What's My Name' and told crazy interesting stories that only a NYC cabbie/ NYC stand up comedian could tell. Highly recommend.

WSEIII 07-22-2013 11:57 PM

The only way for Hugsie to get bad press is if he pees on a guest's leg. Good or bad dog?

flerchin 07-23-2013 12:07 AM

America's Got Talent is a 3 judge show. Fuck all of those shows. They demean everyone involved, from the performers to the audience. In this context, Jimmy could deny the holocaust and he'd still be more right than any insipid 3 judge show.

invader 07-23-2013 12:30 AM

After listening to the show I'm still not 100% clear what the dispute was about. Am I the only one? I think Jimmy just saw this as an opportunity to get his name out there. I can't really fault him for that, but it doesn't really seem like America's got talent was in the wrong.

Engels 07-23-2013 02:31 AM

Speaking of denying the holocaust, I was a bit surprised that Chemda blamed the near extinction of the Sumatran rhino on....wait for it...the rhino. A passing glance at the article would have shown that its due to poachers and habitat destruction.

Damn you rhino for not developing thumbs and a frontal cortex which would have permitted you the exercise of your 2nd amendment rights! Fookin' rhino's a pinko commie liberal to boot, I bet. Serves them right!

That said, I agree with Keith that trying to mate brother and sister is /facepalm level of stupid.

JSZilla 07-23-2013 07:08 AM

I also appreciate the fact that Keith and Chemda questioned Jimmy if he was doing all this bullshit for publicity and shit. More than once all this was asked and they still wanted him to explain his point after being tested. This dude could of really been fucking around and they wanted to make sure they were not being fucked with. Assuming he didn't still get over on them. I'm a little confused by the whole dispute. But back to the hosts; I like that though. Not just playing to the hype and all that jazz. Rude or not? I think it was necessary. The balls on them and good for 'em.

Me too Piffle.

CarolinaLiz 07-23-2013 10:11 AM

I really liked Jimmy's episode of What's My Name, but give me a break. Emotional sodomy? Who are these thousand people that were so emotionally heartbroken over a stupid reality talent show saying Jimmy might be on the show and then not airing his bit? I'm sure they were excited to see a friend or a friend of a friend on a popular TV show such as America's Got Talent and perhaps some of them were a little disappointed, but the hyperbole in this episode made me want to jump in a vat of hot tar and sharks. (Hyperbole intended.) I was really just mildly annoyed. (Are you taking notes, Jimmy?) The drama in which Jimmy approached this whole situation is so blown out of proportion that it's absolutely clear that he is only trying to make this situation into a bigger deal to get press for his new book and career. I can't fault him for that and I can't exactly expect him to really admit that, but it just came off as so incredibly desperate and transparent.

And did anyone really hear about this Mel B. booing incident? Quit acting like it was front page news and that everyone heard about it. We didn't. I came out of this show really not liking Jimmy. Like I said, he was great on What's My Name, but on KATG, he came across as an ego manic and a drama queen and couldn't really logically explain his point about why he wouldn't want to be on the show. Let's not ask him back, ya dig? (No, Jimmy, we don't dig)

BrianAlt 07-23-2013 10:16 AM

I really think people are overreacting here. Okay, fine, it was important to him. Don't take it personally that it wasn't important to you, deal?

Also, I don't like ketchup. I only use it on hamburgers.

BrianAlt 07-23-2013 11:19 AM

It's 2 judge shows that are ruining the world!

WittyReference 07-23-2013 11:58 PM

I to wonder if it is all a publicity stunt. He said he could tell by the lack of attention he was getting he wasn't getting through, he didn't like how his first appearance was edited, he got attention from the first batch of drama, so why not try milking it some more with the letter? Whatevs - his other stories are good.

Enunciated Piffle 07-24-2013 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrianAlt (Post 752553)
Also, I don't like ketchup. I only use it on hamburgers.

Normally I'd question your patriotism, but it's clear from your twitter feed that you are far too busy drinking delicious craft beer to be bothered with shitty food that require 'ketchup enhancements'

BrianAlt 07-24-2013 01:45 PM

Exactly!

DJQuad 07-24-2013 04:30 PM

I wish I had a friend like Jimmy. He cares enough about my disappointment about not seeing him on TV that he's willing to not be on that show for my sake.

I hope he's there for me the next time I get emotionally devastated by utter nonsense.

Mandias 07-25-2013 12:30 AM

I can't offer any proof, but I did see Jay Leno doing stand up at Budd Friedman's Imrpov in LA in the 80's, with Sam Kinison in the same show. Kinison just about made me suffocate from laughter, but Leno was pretty funny in his own right that night.

I actually talked to Leno after the show, and he said that he was doing over 300 shows a year at the time.

As a sanity check, I find him absolutely without any humor whatsoever today.

Keith 07-25-2013 12:35 AM

Leno was pretty funny in his own right...

Sounds hilarious.

John Galt 07-25-2013 11:40 AM

Great show, great guest, and I'll order the book.

Mandias 07-25-2013 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith (Post 753140)
Leno was pretty funny in his own right...

Sounds hilarious.

Fuck that, he was pretty funny ON his own right!

Bucho 07-26-2013 04:35 PM

Pure gold.