Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Is Jammin' with Friends nothin’ but Bret Michaels trying to rip off his fans?
Yes. He’s a Fallen Angel. 50 96.15%
No. Let It Play. 2 3.85%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree20Likes

Old 08-01-2013, 10:57 AM   #21 (permalink)

I'm getting caught up on this week's shows. I think it was in this show there was a discussion about if Bret Michaels could use the name "Poison" when recording solo material.

I don't know if you were a fan of Queensryche (a prog metal band from that same era), but they split up after they fired their lead singer Geoff Tate. Geoff Tate got a bunch of other musicians and started recording a new album and touring as "Queensryche" while at the same time, the rest of the band hired a new singer and released a new album and is also touring as "Queensryche."

As a result, right now, when you see that Queensryche has a tour date in your home town, you have to go find out which version of Queensryche it is.

They have a court date scheduled for November at which time a judge will determine which entity gets to use the name "Queensryche," but in the mean time, with both groups having released albums this summer, I have to say the Tate-less version is more of the classic sound. Tate pulled a Bret Michaels and re-recorded less than stellar versions of their greatest hits from the 90s which are really awful.

I don't know if you are a fan Keith, but its worth checking out their latest album (simply called "Queensryche"). Skip the Geoff Tate one, though, as it's just like "Jammin with Friends" but minus the Little John.
Old 08-02-2013, 12:51 AM   #22 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I posted this on the thread for the show where Keith first played these clips, but does anyone know where to find those Lil Jon joke mixes clips that he keeps playing? Always Forever and Unforgettable? I've been searching but no luck.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 01:22 AM   #23 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

I answered this on the thread for the show where I first played these clips.
(Online)   Reply With Quote