Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Is Candy Crush Saga a scam?
Yes. Keith's right. They basically lie to you to get your money. 19 36.54%
No. Chemda's right. It's just business. 33 63.46%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree19Likes

Old 08-01-2013, 05:08 PM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WittyReference View Post
I don't think Candy Crush is a scam but its an asshole business plan. You can get through the first 50 levels for free but then they want you to pay every 20 levels after that or get Facebook friends to unlock it for you. Don't pay for power ups as they don't always help. On the harder levels you need to rely on the random luck of the draw. Some levels I got through first turn, others I quickly realised were impossible just because of the colours I was given and took a lot of tries to get past.
I'm at level 97 and I've never paid a cent, connected to facebook or anything. You can choose to do 3 quests to unlock more levels. Also you can get around the life restriction by setting your phone/ipad time forward and then just set it back afterwards. I think I'm just about done with the game though, it's getting too difficult.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 08:12 PM   #32 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Let me preface this all by saying that I do not support the Catholic church in what it is doing here. I just spent 14 years in the Catholic penal system.

I know Keith wants to tamp people down on the whole 'Pope changes views' thing but let's layout the facts as they actually happened instead of the standard Keith's Notes version of the facts.

-The Pope did in fact change the language around used by someone in his position in a far more accepting direction. Not perfect by any means but hey.
Pope on homosexuals: 'Who am I to judge?' | National Catholic Reporter

-The comments trying to walk back the statements came from Cardinal Dolan. Not the Pope.
Cardinal Dolan explains Pope's remarks on gays | ksl.com

In the Catholic Church there are liberals and conservatives. This Pope isn't an activist, but he isn't as conservative as the last two Pontiphs. Cardinal Dolan on the other hand is really conservative (Rick Santorum also went a little crazy trying to assure people that he agreed with Dolan and not the Pope). Taking Dolan's comments as sacrosanct is like listening to the President and having his comments explained by a Congressman. Their agendas don't always coincide and one can't be assumed to be speaking for the other.

On being homosexual in the Catholic Church. It by itself hasn't been seen as a sin for a while. In Catholicism any sex outside of Marriage is a sin. Sex in a Marriage that is not both procreative and unifying is considered a sin. Since same-sex couples can't have a baby the old-fashioned way they can't get married, so any sex is a sin. This sin is just as bad as when two opposite-sexed people have premarital sex or sex within a marriage where procreation is not possible without dispensation (getting the ok from local clergy). Opposite sexed couples can get married even if they can't have children for one reason or another (for instance sterility) because they can adopt. Yes, the inherent hypocrisy is acknowledged by most that same-sexed couples could also adopt. What can I say, I'm not making up the rules. I'm just telling you what the canon law says.

Basically, in Catholicism, what Keith and Cat were and still are doing, because they were not married in the church is just as bad as what Lauren and Chemda are doing.

I don't agree with any of that but that's how their logic works.
Old 08-02-2013, 01:05 AM   #33 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

In case you haven't seen the Macklemore video Chemda was talking about...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlVBg7_08n0
Old 08-02-2013, 01:27 AM   #34 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Be honest, did ANY of you read what Curt wrote?

There could be a treasure map in there. I'd never know.

Enjoy your pope, Curt. What can I tell ya.
Bo&Ellie and g001dfinger like this.