Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Did you know about the wedding clinking kissing thing?
Of course 56 56.57%
News to me 43 43.43%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree46Likes

Old 08-06-2013, 11:01 AM   #11 (permalink)
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Chemda is right about a new TV. It will have a digital decoder and an antenna will work fine for a great many channels in NYC (notably ABC, CBS, FOX, and NBC). The quality is crystal fucking clear. There is no additional fee. I checked tvfool.com for flushing NYC and you would have more than 20 channels with a set of rabbit ears on a modern TV. Find someone nerdy and cheap, and odds are they already do this (Myq Kaplan comes to mind)
The Girl and Sparky_root like this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 11:23 AM   #12 (permalink)
Chamsa! Chamsa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by violachick8 View Post
Planning wedding now. Am actually on a trip back home to interview vendors and whatnot. Holy crap there is so much bullshit surrounding this nonsense that I am honestly dreaming about having the Khalili, Hennesy, and Hatch firm at my wedding. AH to have someone who will so honestly yell at bitches getting out of line and to actually trust trust them.

We're available for hire!
BrianAlt likes this.
Old 08-06-2013, 12:04 PM   #13 (permalink)

Regarding fast food and earning $15, isn't that just the high water mark to begin negotiations? If they're making $8 now, and they want $15, they'll probably end up somewhere in the middle. Even going up to $9 or $10 will be an improvement on their side.

Also, on TV, Chemda, you can purchase an antenna to receive over-the-air channels. The new antennas receive digital stations and analog together, so you'll be able to see CBS, NBC, etc. I have a cheap one that I dust off if I want to watch the Oscars or something that is live. But most people have cable or satellite rather than antenna.

Last edited by scottperezfox; 08-06-2013 at 12:10 PM.
Old 08-06-2013, 12:13 PM   #14 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

I'd go to that court hearing. I'd be in the front row.

There's the judge: "So you're asking for $20,000 a year working at McDonald's? Okay. What do you do at McDonald's?"

I'd love to hear the answer.
Old 08-06-2013, 01:08 PM   #15 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by flerchin View Post
Chemda is right about a new TV. It will have a digital decoder and an antenna will work fine for a great many channels in NYC (notably ABC, CBS, FOX, and NBC). The quality is crystal fucking clear. There is no additional fee. I checked tvfool.com for flushing NYC and you would have more than 20 channels with a set of rabbit ears on a modern TV. Find someone nerdy and cheap, and odds are they already do this (Myq Kaplan comes to mind)
Chemda is right!

Amazon.com: hdtv antenna
Sparky_root likes this.
Old 08-06-2013, 01:31 PM   #16 (permalink)

If you're upset over a silly tradition that requires you to give your new wife or husband a kiss a couple of times during your wedding reception at the behest of a happy and excited crowd comprised of your friends and family, maybe you should reconsider going the marriage route, which is far more stupid of a tradition than clinking glasses.
Old 08-06-2013, 01:33 PM   #17 (permalink)

WHO AM I ARGUING WITH?!
Bucho likes this.
Old 08-06-2013, 01:36 PM   #18 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

I agree with you. What's so bad about kissing? It's love, baby. Can't get enough of it.

It's cute to put the couple on the spot.

"IS IT?! THAT'S CUTE TO YOU?! I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S CUTE: PUTTING YOUR BALLS ON THE BRIDE'S EYES LIKE A PAIR OF GOGGLES! CLINK YOUR GLASS FOR DAT! THAT SHIT'S NEVER NOT FUNNY! YUCK!"
Old 08-06-2013, 02:54 PM   #19 (permalink)

I know, right?!
Old 08-06-2013, 04:30 PM   #20 (permalink)

Never heard of the clinking glasses being for a kiss.

You guys mentioned super tasting tablets. Do you mean those miracle fruit berries from way back? Didn't Spooky bring some and you all said they had no real affect? Been trying to get them here, but no luck.