Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Is there something to Astrology?
Yes 21 26.92%
No 57 73.08%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree42Likes

Old 08-07-2013, 03:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

1826: What's Your Sign?

with Anthony DeVito

www.twitter.com/AnthonyDeVito_

Share this episode: What's Your Sign? (Keith and The Girl) - Comedy Talk Show & Podcast

Subscribe for free: Keith and The Girl podcast on your iPhone, iPad and iPod with iTunes

Last edited by Marisela; 08-08-2013 at 09:20 PM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 03:09 PM   #2 (permalink)
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Fuck no.

Astrology is complete bullshit with no upside. Churches at least sometimes offer the homeless free soup with their bullshit.
ThePinkSuperhero likes this.
Old 08-07-2013, 03:37 PM   #3 (permalink)

Forer effect - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
The Forer effect (also called the Barnum effect after P. T. Barnum's observation that "we've got something for everyone") is the observation that individuals will give high accuracy ratings to descriptions of their personality that supposedly are tailored specifically for them, but are in fact vague and general enough to apply to a wide range of people. This effect can provide a partial explanation for the widespread acceptance of some beliefs and practices, such as astrology, fortune telling, graphology, and some types of personality test.
Bucho, Lanfear, flerchin and 5 others like this.
Old 08-07-2013, 05:43 PM   #4 (permalink)

There should have been a "maybe" option for agnostics.
soccerstryker10 likes this.
Old 08-07-2013, 06:25 PM   #5 (permalink)

The difference between astrology and astronomy is about $9.95/minute.
jjamis likes this.
Old 08-07-2013, 09:27 PM   #6 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I really didn't intend for the post mentioned on the show to convey that I'm not totally excited to get married to my wondrous partner. I totally absolutely am but getting there is a to-do for me specifically. I have an anxious personality and an important event such as this with so many details quickly has become a lightening rod for some of my neuroses. The other important factor is that I'm planning a unique wedding from across the country. This means that most trips back home are days completely filled with appointments. It very quickly becomes tiring to say the least. Many people that surround the wedding industry are full of shit and are willing to exploit a bride's ignorance. This is the absolute nonsense I was speaking of. The unique wedding part is frustrating because its a different vision so I get many a look after I share my ideas. It's going to be what I want to eventually but having to look through so many people to find someone who is able to understand and provide what I'm looking for is tough. I'm not doing a whole bunch of traditional parts of the ceremony and reception so explaining my reasons over and over again gets frustrating too.
I know this probably doesn't matter to most everybody but I wanted a chance to clarify and express how over the moon I am to have found somebody as wonderful as I have. He is a complete partner for me and I am blissed out at the thought of having the rest of my life with him. I am excited to get married to him even if the planning process can be frustrating.
Bucho, Lanfear, lizsquiz and 1 others like this.
Old 08-07-2013, 10:56 PM   #7 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Why do you think you don't love him enough?
Old 08-07-2013, 11:03 PM   #8 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

It was just released that the NSA is giving phone records to the DEA. Now you're thinking, "Well, I don't deal drugs, who gives a shit?" Yes and no.

As more info is leaked to reporters, (who report on this - don't count on politicians - they're not concerned as it doesn't effect them) we see that if you texted or called your buddy for some weed, this is collected. It is collected and sent to the DEA. No warrant. No probable cause.

We're in a digital age where crime prevention is becoming more efficient. This will have positive and negative effects as well. The problem is the American government is not being transparent, nor clear, about what exactly it's intentions are. The NSA was a direct government response to 911. Now it is being used to police pot-heads....think about that.

I'm a crazy fuck from Montana. And I approve this message
radio8punk and Scumhook like this.
Old 08-08-2013, 12:26 AM   #9 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I'm a Virgo, and we're very pragmatic, so of course I don't believe in astrology. Classic Virgo.
Old 08-08-2013, 05:11 AM   #10 (permalink)

A friend told me a story about one of their relatives who did work experience at some small paper. To give her something to do, they got her to make up all the star signs in the astrology section. She just wrote a bunch of vague descriptive paragraphs. Supposedly they get all the interns to make up the star signs.

However, this paper wasn't exactly the New York Times and considering I did hear this story from a secondary source, this argument against astrology is about as credible as astrology itself.