Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Is there something to Astrology?
Yes 21 26.92%
No 57 73.08%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree42Likes

Old 08-08-2013, 12:37 PM   #11 (permalink)

Women in WI aren't pretending about football. I'm considered a freak here because I'm not into it.
I like to mess with my female co-workers by referencing people like the Refrigerator Perry and Dan Marino (who I only know because of the movie Ace Ventura).
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 03:24 PM   #12 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by violachick8 View Post
I really didn't intend for the post mentioned on the show to convey that I'm not totally excited to get married to my wondrous partner. I totally absolutely am but getting there is a to-do for me specifically. I have an anxious personality and an important event such as this with so many details quickly has become a lightening rod for some of my neuroses. The other important factor is that I'm planning a unique wedding from across the country. This means that most trips back home are days completely filled with appointments. It very quickly becomes tiring to say the least. Many people that surround the wedding industry are full of shit and are willing to exploit a bride's ignorance. This is the absolute nonsense I was speaking of. The unique wedding part is frustrating because its a different vision so I get many a look after I share my ideas. It's going to be what I want to eventually but having to look through so many people to find someone who is able to understand and provide what I'm looking for is tough. I'm not doing a whole bunch of traditional parts of the ceremony and reception so explaining my reasons over and over again gets frustrating too.
I know this probably doesn't matter to most everybody but I wanted a chance to clarify and express how over the moon I am to have found somebody as wonderful as I have. He is a complete partner for me and I am blissed out at the thought of having the rest of my life with him. I am excited to get married to him even if the planning process can be frustrating.
Don't worry Vi, SOME of us have enough mental firepower that we understood you the first time, and anyone who didn't, and who perhaps WILDLY exaggerated and distorted your point on a podcast, are just terrible at being your friend.

If you don't want some dopey kindergarten game-level tradition at your adult-level wedding then fuck that dopey kindergarten game-level tradition. It's LITERALLY your day. Make it as YOU as you want and those who really love you will love your day.

Including your husband. If he really loves you he'll stay out of it.
Old 08-08-2013, 03:28 PM   #13 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

LOVING the Jesse Ventura impression, well done !

When I was in design school we had to do fund raising . I set up a table near the lockers, read palms for hours, made over 200$ and heard this over and over all day "OmG, she's so good, she got me DEAD ON...it's spooky, you have to go!"

I do NOT read palms, I read people. I complimented everyone with stereotyped characteristics... The jock guy "wasn't ready to settle down and he might be rethinking his relationship as we speak" The pretty girl "Was considering a career in acting but just had to get through her Psyche classes because she was worried about what her parents might think" The fat chick "He's thinking about you, you just need to be at the right place at the right time...you know , like that house party next week" . Everyone was going to have kids - 1-2, everyone had a complicated love life but, around 30 fell for the one, everyone had lost someone they loved, would struggle with an illness...

it's easy to dupe people if they are willing to believe.
Old 08-08-2013, 03:31 PM   #14 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by violachick8 View Post
I really didn't intend for the post mentioned on the show to convey that I'm not totally excited to get married to my wondrous partner. I totally absolutely am but getting there is a to-do for me specifically. I have an anxious personality and an important event such as this with so many details quickly has become a lightening rod for some of my neuroses. The other important factor is that I'm planning a unique wedding from across the country. This means that most trips back home are days completely filled with appointments. It very quickly becomes tiring to say the least. Many people that surround the wedding industry are full of shit and are willing to exploit a bride's ignorance. This is the absolute nonsense I was speaking of. The unique wedding part is frustrating because its a different vision so I get many a look after I share my ideas. It's going to be what I want to eventually but having to look through so many people to find someone who is able to understand and provide what I'm looking for is tough. I'm not doing a whole bunch of traditional parts of the ceremony and reception so explaining my reasons over and over again gets frustrating too.
I know this probably doesn't matter to most everybody but I wanted a chance to clarify and express how over the moon I am to have found somebody as wonderful as I have. He is a complete partner for me and I am blissed out at the thought of having the rest of my life with him. I am excited to get married to him even if the planning process can be frustrating.
WEDDING PLANNER~

Congrats, I'm following you on pinterest and LOVE some of your ideas I've seen you pin. It will be worth sweating over the details.
Old 08-08-2013, 04:17 PM   #15 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucho View Post
Don't worry Vi, SOME of us have enough mental firepower that we understood you the first time, and anyone who didn't, and who perhaps WILDLY exaggerated and distorted your point on a podcast, are just terrible at being your friend.

If you don't want some dopey kindergarten game-level tradition at your adult-level wedding then fuck that dopey kindergarten game-level tradition. It's LITERALLY your day. Make it as YOU as you want and those who really love you will love your day.

Including your husband. If he really loves you he'll stay out of it.
That's right. Just write on the invites THERE WILL BE NO GLASS CLINKING.
(Online)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 07:19 PM   #16 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
That's right. Just write on the invites THERE WILL BE NO GLASS CLINKING.
Your music taste being stuck in 1987 cause you to forget we live in the future now? It's almost as if even though you only got married a couple months ago you already forgot about planning a wedding. Everyone's, and I mean LITERALLY EVERYONE'S, wedding has its own website now where they can write whatever the fuck information they want.

Not everything has to be a socially pressured to-do buddy. You get to be an adult remember? You taught us that.
Old 08-08-2013, 07:35 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by campy View Post
it's easy to dupe people if they are willing to believe.
I believe you.
Keith, Bucho and campy like this.
Old 08-08-2013, 07:46 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizsquiz View Post
I'm a Virgo, and we're very pragmatic, so of course I don't believe in astrology. Classic Virgo.
I am also a Virgo, like Beyonce. ALL MY VIRGO LADIES! (all my Virgo ladies)
JordanTierney likes this.
Old 08-08-2013, 07:56 PM   #19 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucho View Post
Your music taste being stuck in 1987 cause you to forget we live in the future now? It's almost as if even though you only got married a couple months ago you already forgot about planning a wedding. Everyone's, and I mean LITERALLY EVERYONE'S, wedding has its own website now where they can write whatever the fuck information they want.

Not everything has to be a socially pressured to-do buddy. You get to be an adult remember? You taught us that.
So help her. Where does she write it on the website? And what does she do when her funny friend does it anyway?

"Look, it's complicated, but her wedding will be perfect."
(Online)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 08:17 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scumhook View Post
I believe you.
That's a common trait with most astrological signs. Your sign must be Feces.
Scumhook likes this.