Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: The latest troubling situation
It is what it is 20 40.82%
It's an issue for more discussion 29 59.18%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree45Likes

Old 08-12-2013, 05:12 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

1829: It's Like, Hello, Thank You

with Ted Alexandro and Jordan Tierney

www.twitter.com/TedAlexandro

www.twitter.com/JordanCTierney

Share this episode: It's Like, Hello, Thank You (Keith and The Girl) - Comedy Talk Show & Podcast

Subscribe for free: Keith and The Girl podcast on your iPhone, iPad and iPod with iTunes

Last edited by Marisela; 08-14-2013 at 08:46 PM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 11:03 PM   #2 (permalink)

Big shocker that I find any woo or pseudo-science talk to be infuriating and bad for humanity. Astrologists to me are wanna be psychologists who can't be bothered doing the proper training, which I bet is harder and takes longer. Everything Chemda talked about getting out of the reading sounded more to do with talking to someone then anything to do with astrology. Go and see a shrink instead.

There's plenty of links out there, but that would require reading....

"Astrology has been rejected by the scientific community as having no explanatory power for describing the universe. Scientific testing of astrology has been conducted, and no evidence has been found to support any of the premises or purported effects outlined in astrological traditions. There is no proposed mechanism of action by which the positions and motions of stars and planets could affect people and events on Earth that does not contradict well understood, basic aspects of biology and physics."

Astrology - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The rest of the show was great and very funny.
Old 08-13-2013, 08:16 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WittyReference View Post
Big shocker that I find any woo or pseudo-science talk to be infuriating and bad for humanity. Astrologists to me are wanna be psychologists who can't be bothered doing the proper training, which I bet is harder and takes longer. Everything Chemda talked about getting out of the reading sounded more to do with talking to someone then anything to do with astrology. Go and see a shrink instead.

There's plenty of links out there, but that would require reading....

"Astrology has been rejected by the scientific community as having no explanatory power for describing the universe. Scientific testing of astrology has been conducted, and no evidence has been found to support any of the premises or purported effects outlined in astrological traditions. There is no proposed mechanism of action by which the positions and motions of stars and planets could affect people and events on Earth that does not contradict well understood, basic aspects of biology and physics."

Astrology - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The rest of the show was great and very funny.
Does everything have to be proven and approved by science for it to be accepted/acceptable? Scientific tests haven't proven the existence of god, yet countless Christians believe that one exists and that he gave up his only son for the sins of others, only to rise from the dead and ascend into heaven. Science cannot prove that. Is it not possible we haven't found the explanation, outside physics as to why astrology is more or less correct, for a lack of a better word. Astrology has been accurate too many times (in my experience) to simply be a coincidence.
Old 08-13-2013, 09:04 AM   #4 (permalink)

If anyone is interested in a seriously nerdy but very fascinating discussion on Astrology in the Renaissance, I recommend this episode of the In Our Time radio programme from the BBC Radio 4:

In Our Time: Renaissance Astrology
JordanTierney likes this.
Old 08-13-2013, 01:14 PM   #5 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

This episode generated some of the greatest quotes in KatG history! Verbal hand-jobs, multiple A++'s, multiple orgasms, and a puppy resembling Hugsy for all.

"Ever notice 'eat a dick' is the new fuck you?" - Keith

"Like, Hello-Thank You" - Chemda

Nothing phrases. America and it's leaders are full of them.
Keith and Scumhook like this.
Old 08-13-2013, 01:26 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorin Markov View Post
Scientific tests haven't proven the existence of god
Well, Christians in Fresno right now think a tree weeping insect excrement is "proof" of God, so first we need to get them to understand what "science" actually is.
arty, Lanfear, flerchin and 2 others like this.
Old 08-13-2013, 02:14 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Does everything have to be proven and approved by science for it to be accepted/acceptable?
Yes. Duh.
Old 08-13-2013, 03:26 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Does everything have to be proven and approved by science for it to be accepted/acceptable?
No, that's why there are theories.

Quote:
Astrology has been accurate too many times (in my experience) to simply be a coincidence.
I don't know a ton about astrology but it seems far too general which comes across as accurate.

Regardless of anyone's signs, they'll identify with the traits and stuff listed at A Loving Space: the dating and relating site
Old 08-13-2013, 03:39 PM   #9 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

The double talk was, by far, more interesting then the astrological talk.

Mr Keith, your impressions are impressive (Jesse Ventura my current favourite) but this double talk was, needless to say, a riveting look into the American culture in a way that may or may not be what the American people need or want with this current climate and the generational differences.

So pleased to be thankful in your hello...right?

beautifully avoided being said sir. Bravo.
Scumhook likes this.
Old 08-13-2013, 03:49 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of the Cock Rings View Post
Humankind may very likely be able to find a scientific answer to these things in the near or distant future. Our past suggests we will.
Not sure if you've been following http://www.keithandthegirl.com/forum...godless-17231/ but that comes up a lot.
Scumhook likes this.