Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Have you heard the That's the Show with Danny episode 'Gossip Friday?'
Yes 89 57.05%
No 67 42.95%
Voters: 156. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree66Likes

Old 08-27-2013, 07:56 PM   #11 (permalink)

speaking of, dean, are you back working?
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 08:14 PM   #12 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Yeah ICU/Paediatrics at a private hospital here in Adelaide.
Old 08-27-2013, 08:42 PM   #13 (permalink)

that's great! i'm glad you're back on the horse.
Old 08-27-2013, 08:59 PM   #14 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Last edited by Enunciated Piffle; 08-28-2013 at 04:12 AM.
Old 08-27-2013, 10:32 PM   #15 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Last edited by Enunciated Piffle; 08-28-2013 at 04:12 AM.
Old 08-28-2013, 03:08 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
that's great! i'm glad you're back on the horse.
Thanks Sparrow. It took a lot more therapy than I ever anticipated but I got there eventually.

It's all about the breathing...
Sparrow likes this.
Old 08-28-2013, 03:30 AM   #17 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Oh, this reminds me. Remember the suicide Tweets? That was the first time I've heard of Twitter and I purposefully avoided social media for a long time after that.
Old 08-28-2013, 03:31 AM   #18 (permalink)

[QUOTE=Enunciated Piffle;762265][QUOTE=Dean from Australia;762182] Yeah I do get excited and forget to breathe.
Quote:

Personally, I feel like you, Dean, do what good writers do. You try and take a different approach to everyone else. This is actually helpful; unless of course you are on a KatG forum and you come off as being against the show.

I could be way off. I think you are a true fan who comes off wrong, time to time.

I also think you once responded to KatG VIP as 'Why would I pay for what is already free?' This is not verbatim. However, when I hear Keith's rage on this episode, I can't help but wonder if somewhere, deep in his subconscious, this is bugging the shit out of him. Am I wrong? Maybe. Just my take.

::POOF:: I'm the shrink of KatG's collective psychic pain.

Commit me already.
I don't think I ever criticized the idea of VIP. I signed on pretty early in fact. I was already giving money to the show regularly anyway and I saw this as a logical progression for the show and a genius one as it has secured the longevity of the show.

I freely admit that I didn't get Danny's humor when he first began contributing to the show. I think it was the case that I aligned myself more with Keith's comedic style (I mean, fuck there's like five months age difference between us) and I think I initially found Danny's comedy too edgy...too dark perhaps. I didn't understand then how that might translate into a dedicated show but, as I have freely said before - I was wrong.

I've since come to appreciate his style. There is a warm center to it and I like it a lot. Danny's writing, in particular is amongst some of the best I've read and I really think he could be hugely successful both as a comedian and a writer.

Never doubt my love for this show. It is when there are these complex situations - like Patrice, like Keith McNally, like Danny Lobell, like Eats Paste that I find it to be the most rivetting. In discussing the show on these forums, I often go with my gut on how I felt about something. I could be just a synchophant and just accept blindly everything as it comes. My nature is to question it a little. Sometimes it's right and sometimes it's wrong. And I am sure I'll get it wrong in the future too...but I'll still love the show.
Sparrow, JSZilla and Scumhook like this.
Old 08-28-2013, 06:17 AM   #19 (permalink)

I had such a mixed emotional response to this show I had to stop what I was doing and listen to music afterward. I enjoyed it and all that, but I don't know what to say...I mean, being in those situations. That is not an easy thing. Being as reactionary and occasionally oversensitive as I tend to be...I really don't know what I'd do, how I'd handle it, or what I could possibly say. That is, being on a microphone and all. The next day comes and I have to deal with the fall out and the reality of it. Shit. I'm amazed at how well everyone handled it to be quite honest. Shit, Keith even says "be friends with them still", etc. I think I'd say far worse.

I might even start serial murder fueled kickstarters. Fuck I have no idea. If this isn't a fucking ad to get VIP I don't know what is. I don't think I could imagine a better commercial for it. Not that I'm saying that was the intent.

That reminds me. My overactive imagination did not help the "..and then I flew away" Second Life story at all. I had to pause the show several times because of that. Too funny. Looks like Little Baby Faggot has a new super power.

Edit: Christ, if flying off the handle on Mike Lawrence and a not as pissy slight accusation to Keith over the Peter affair are any indication. I couldn't do it. Both of which ended in apologies. Though Mike's had a more conversational vibe than a I'm-a-piece-of-shit scenario.

I also want to add that when I brought up Max out of the clear blue not so long ago, I meant his sense of humor. I still think he's a dick for what he did. So I don't miss him necessarily. But I do miss the shit out of Matt Bray's laugh.
Scumhook likes this.
Medium Brumski: The only reason we have the 2nd Amendment is because John Adams was afraid of the zombie apocalypse and he wanted to make sure Americans would be prepared, I guess Keith hasn't gotten to that part of the mini-series yet.

Sparrow:...Brings up her point? What point?! Are we naht suckin' ya cahk hahd enough, Sue?!?

Keith: Oh, you...

Last edited by JSZilla; 08-28-2013 at 06:32 AM.
Old 08-28-2013, 06:57 AM   #20 (permalink)
38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

This is the episode that finally convinced me to become a VIP member. It was not a hard choice at all.