Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/)
-   Show Talk (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/)
-   -   1841: It Seems the Tired Way (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/1841-seems-tired-way-17994/)

Keith 08-29-2013 12:15 PM

1841: It Seems the Tired Way

with Mike Drucker

www.twitter.com/MikeDrucker

Share this episode: It Seems the Tired Way (Keith and The Girl) - Comedy Talk Show & Podcast

Subscribe for free: Keith and The Girl podcast on your iPhone, iPad and iPod with iTunes

flerchin 08-29-2013 07:04 PM

I'm incredibly mollified to see the last poll option currently standing at 50%. I've never understood the late night show format.

Edward's Screen Name 08-29-2013 07:36 PM

Fun guest! Have him back, please!

When it comes to the poll, I'm not surprised that the "I don't watch" option is winning handily. I think the late night talk show viewership skews way, way old, which is why hosts who are seemingly unfunny and unpopular to younger audiences, like Fallon and Leno, are so successful anyway.

Old people like their humor like they like their food, bland and easily digestible.

Scumhook 08-29-2013 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flerchin (Post 763032)
I'm incredibly mollified to see the last poll option currently standing at 50%. I've never understood the late night show format.

I can only assume that "mollifed" means "gay"

lalalemon 08-30-2013 12:28 AM

The dead baby story is absolutely heinous. Like Keith mentioned, in most if not ALL states you have 48-72 hours to drop a baby off at a safe place (hospital, fire station, library, and I'm pretty sure even the McDonald's near my house participates in this program ) no questions asked.

About a month ago in my neighborhood, someone had a baby inside a department store restroom, snapped its neck, and threw it in the trash. It ended up the mother was a store employee- 29 years old. They didn't even close the store the rest of the day- just the bathroom.

I wish birth control was mandatory.

Scumhook 08-30-2013 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lalalemon (Post 763184)
I'm pretty sure even the McDonald's near my house participates in this program

All McDonald's participate in this most worthy programme.

Where do you think they get the filling for the McNuggets from?

scottperezfox 08-30-2013 09:48 AM

Craig Ferguson by a mile! He's absolutely great at his craft and I love watching the inside jokes on his show develop over time. Conan used to be the best about 10-12 years ago when I was in college, but lately, it seems like he's aiming too much for that middle America, middle income, middle class demographic (ie, completely unfunny).

Dean from Australia 08-30-2013 10:01 AM

Those Japanese video games are freaky as.

I remember playing Sonic The Hedgehog as a teen on Sega Megadrive and there was this point in the game where, inexplicably, I'd become as horny as fuck - enough that I'd have to go somewhere quiet and "knock the top off" - as it were. It was always the exact same point in the game and I ended up having to give the game away it freaked me out so much.

They do things to those games, those Jap bastards.

This from Keith;

"I'm gonna have super parties, Gatsby parties - but you gotta come dressed as a rainbow. Why? 'Cos fuck you"

Quote of the show.

I imagine, with the march of extreme GOP law changes surrounding abortion rights, that we're going to see a lot more of this "baby roadkill". It's a tragedy.

scottishguy 08-30-2013 10:18 AM

This was a great episode. I didn't expect anything else though, Mike's old web shows were excellent and the other podcast I heard him on was really funny too. Keep the good guests coming.