Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: What rules the school?
American football 46 60.53%
Soccer 30 39.47%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree50Likes

Old 09-09-2013, 11:02 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSEIII View Post
This episode was hard for me to listen to. But people have the right to believe what they want. However just because you don't believe in hell doesn't mean you're not going there.
So is this just more solidifying the "people who don't believe tend to be more intelligent" theory? If so, then good on you.

If not, then the other option might be that you could be an excellent troll.

I have good friends and family that believe in god, my father in law who I previously thought was an intelligent man believes the earth is around 6000 years old. Other friends believe the standard "story" about an omnipotent dude with robes and a seriously awesome beard created the world using... What? Did he pass gas for the clouds? Send beams out through his fingers?

The fact that everything we use as a basis for religion was written by people who, if someone showed them a car, would either kill them and their devil machine, or would worship as an all powerful deity.

These are the people we trust to base Christianity off of? And don't get me started about Greek mythology or the Hindu gods. Seriously, what were they smoking? Yeah, we have a god with a head of an elephant, because that makes so much sense.

And of course people who believe in religion score lower, because their base belief structure is a mystical being in the sky that somehow will listen to your prayers about not letting your car break down on the way to work while then ignoring the pleas of a 9 year old being raped by the priest at his church.

If that's the god we are dealing with, no fucking thanks.

Anyway. Off of religion...

Listening to Keith 2, I couldn't help but think his voice and laugh are the weird amalgamation of victor Varnado and Carmen Lynch.

Anyone?
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 12:09 AM   #12 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSEIII View Post
However just because you don't believe in hell doesn't mean you're not going there.
How do you still believe in god after listening to this show nearly everyday for 2+ years?
littlp, JSZilla, Ranz and 1 others like this.
Old 09-10-2013, 05:38 AM   #13 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

In Indiana there is a Tom Raper RVs....
Old 09-10-2013, 07:59 AM   #14 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Growing up immersed in religion it was very hard to come to terms with becoming Atheist. Part of you thinks 'Well, what could be the harm in believing in God? Even if he isn't real; what harm can it do?

The biggest problem with believing in a God is that you are believing in a delusion. This makes things like 'Voices in my head could be God talking' and it also obscures how you perceive other religions.
When I was a Christian, I always viewed other similar cults like Judiasm, Catholicism, etc, (you know, the [I]good[I] ones) as being somewhat ok. Sure, they're all going to hell, but at least they believe in Jesus, or at least murdered him or whatever.

I'm reading Jon Krauker's book 'Under The Banner of Heaven' OMG! This book is about how a group of Mormon Fundamentalists slit the throat of a 24 yr old mother and her 15 month infant...because God told them to! It also nicely encapsulates the entire Mormon religion from Joseph Smith to Brigham Young to the present. It explains polygamy. It talks about why these people are in Utah, Canada, and Mexico.

Mormons are nothing more than modern day Christians who believe that God is still talking. That the Bible is still being written, (via modern day Prophets) and so much more it will blow your mind.

Jon Krakeur wrote that 'Into the Wild' book, so you know it's incredibly well-written. A must for Atheists and Theists alike.

Religion is much more dangerous than any believer or even non-believer is even aware. Read this book!

Last edited by Enunciated Piffle; 09-10-2013 at 09:14 AM. Reason: wrong emoticon and such. dont ban me, bro!
Old 09-10-2013, 09:24 AM   #15 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Without question, no comedian questioned God better than George Carlin, but I love what Patton Oswalt has to say about it as well.
Ranz likes this.
Old 09-10-2013, 09:45 AM   #16 (permalink)
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Soccer is popular the world over due to the economics of the game 12 kids can play with 1 ball and 2 nets, kinda like how basketball is popular in the inner city 1 ball and 1 hoop up to 10 kids can play. Comparatively how much shit do you need to play football, everyone needs helmets, pads, etc.. it's all about $$
Blitzgal and Sakugenken like this.
Old 09-10-2013, 11:44 AM   #17 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Think about all the time they'd have to rape and kill if they WEREN'T forced to play football.

Really think about out.

Slower...
Scumhook likes this.
Old 09-10-2013, 11:55 AM   #18 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

It's weird for any parent to think that they can push their kid towards something and think they can be at a professional at it, no matter if it is acting, a concert violinist or a pro football player. The chances of making it are so, so small.

Most of the parents that push their kids to football are actually looking for high school glory, maybe college glory (and scholarships, if they're smart). The good news is, the rate of accidents in high school is relatively low. Sure it happens. But it happens with any sport the child may be doing.
Old 09-10-2013, 01:23 PM   #19 (permalink)
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianAlt View Post
Most of the parents that push their kids to football are actually looking for high school glory, maybe college glory (and scholarships, if they're smart). The good news is, the rate of accidents in high school is relatively low. Sure it happens. But it happens with any sport the child may be doing.
Isn't there a strong correlation between kids involvement in sports and academic success? I think that could be a motivating factor for many.
Enunciated Piffle likes this.
Old 09-10-2013, 01:30 PM   #20 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I believe there is. Although I worry that in some cases (but not most) they get pushed forward because of their athletic ability.