Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Do you often cave to your loved one re: things important to you to avoid fighting?
Yes 30 34.09%
No 38 43.18%
I don't have a significant other 20 22.73%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree88Likes

Old 09-10-2013, 06:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

1844: Sniz

with Joe Derosa

www.twitter.com/JoeDerosaComedy

Share this episode: Sniz (Keith and The Girl) - Comedy Talk Show & Podcast

Subscribe for free: Keith and The Girl podcast on your iPhone, iPad and iPod with iTunes

Last edited by Keith; 09-10-2013 at 06:58 PM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 07:26 PM   #2 (permalink)
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Do I cave? All the time. About things I consider important? It's never happened yet.
Old 09-10-2013, 09:16 PM   #3 (permalink)

Should have had an option on the Poll "Yes I cave but I am also so big a pussy I am not going to admit that as well!"

By the way, greatest show to show cliffhanger every! I am sure it wasn't setup but it should have been!
Old 09-10-2013, 11:10 PM   #4 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Joe Derosa: Reiterating Contrarian - All The Times

Sometimes people use a word. It's a label called 'contrarian.' Now you could google this word, or to really get the entire gist of the term, just listen to the first 45 minutes of this deliciously contrarian episode where Joe Derosa verbally fights with Chemda on: everything!

I don't think he said yes, or agreed, or even alluded to agreeing on ONE single thing that Chemda said. Even when she was clearly in the right! This...this is a feat unto itself.

Excellent episode. Joe Derosa is truly the greatest/ most miserable contrarian/ control freak, this side of Marc Maron. You literally can't teach or even acquire his level of comedy. It's all natural. Beautifully fucked up wiring. Hilarious.
Keith, Phaenix, flerchin and 2 others like this.
Old 09-10-2013, 11:13 PM   #5 (permalink)

His hurricane bit had me rollinggg ahahahaha
Old 09-10-2013, 11:15 PM   #6 (permalink)

Great show

I remember seeing a show where a 1950s Lucky Stripe commercial had a doctor saying that it was the brand he smoked.
Old 09-11-2013, 02:04 AM   #7 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

I've always felt that Chemda argues against a strawman a lot. I used to do this and had to force myself to stop. It's better to just give people the benefit of the doubt and assume the most reasonable interpretation.
TrickyToro and chelseagirl19 like this.
Old 09-11-2013, 05:32 AM   #8 (permalink)

Ugh, this guy's anti-internet rant sounds to me like the guys who were anti-automobile because they had the horse and buggy. People couldn't, and many still can't, handle the car when it came out, and there was the more safe option of the buggy. Where we worse off without it? Yes, it took a lot more time.

The internet and cable tv doesn't turn into shit heads. They are messengers, basically giant megaphones. All the internet and tv revealed to us is that there have always been, and will always be, shitheads who can't handle the responsibility of the technology they are using. The reason why it feels like so many people are abusing the system is because the people who aren't don't raise a fuss. The people who use Twitter poorly are less than the people who don't, because amplification of a voice draws negative voices while most others just go about their business.

I am far better off with the internet than before because it gives me a whole lot more time than I would have had otherwise, I don't have to rely on my awful sense of direction, and I can find out what other people who are like me, like doing in my area so I try something I wouldn't have known about otherwise. Not to mention the giant compendium of current events and knowledge if you know how to look past the bullshit that is out there.

Ugh.
Enunciated Piffle likes this.
Old 09-11-2013, 07:08 AM   #9 (permalink)
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

The work at Xerox Palo Alto Research Center(PARC) in the 70's created the first GUI windowing system, Apple took that concept and made it accessible. If windows is guilty of anything it's making the tech accessible too but they are both thieves

History of the graphical user interface - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 09-11-2013, 08:35 AM   #10 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Oh my goodness. Gets me into a storm whenever a guest who is not particularly qualified starts talking about psychology and what is healthy and what isn't.

There is a LARGE body of research on how use of internet support groups and other INTERNET BASED TOOLS can HELP people with disorders adjust to "normal" life or help them live a fuller one. It isn't always an excuse to sit at home and be a bully like Joe DeRosa thinks it is.

Entitlement is a building force that can be traced through many things other than the internet. With culture it is impossible to trace it to just one cause. Just like with every other innovation there are negatives and positives but it definitely is here to stay so just be happy we found a productive use.

Sigh. Pop psychology is the worst.

Last edited by violachick8; 09-11-2013 at 08:39 AM. Reason: Entitlement