Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Do you often cave to your loved one re: things important to you to avoid fighting?
Yes 30 34.09%
No 38 43.18%
I don't have a significant other 20 22.73%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree88Likes

Old 09-11-2013, 08:51 AM   #11 (permalink)

Best part about the episode? Keith's side jokes.

That or the part when Chemda says "I was in until that Scumhook guy took over the thread". HAHAHA.

Now I need to read it. This can't go wrong at all.
The Girl, da_ticklah and Scumhook like this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 09:16 AM   #12 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sashi View Post
I've always felt that Chemda argues against a strawman a lot. I used to do this and had to force myself to stop. It's better to just give people the benefit of the doubt and assume the most reasonable interpretation.
You understand that Chemda is a host of what is essentially a radio show and that arguing with douchebag statements from guests is what makes up the 'content' of the show, yes?

Also, as obnoxious as Joe got it was nice to hear Chemda hold it down. Quite effortlessly, in fact. I give The Girl: A+
Old 09-11-2013, 10:06 AM   #13 (permalink)

My favorite part was where joe was whining about entitled people on tv and he compared himself to MLK.
Rollin likes this.
Old 09-11-2013, 10:06 AM   #14 (permalink)
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

These are the good old days. By every measurable metric, the country is in better shape than it was in any other decade. Joe pines for better times that don't exist. I want Joe and Chemda to argue every day.
Rollin likes this.
Old 09-11-2013, 11:14 AM   #15 (permalink)

Derosa longs for a time when people used to judge each other and judge shit. Back in those days his g-d cumming joke would have got him thrown in jail on obscenity laws and in some parts probably would have got the shit beat out of him. But he doesn't mean that type of judgement he means THE DECLINING CULTURE.

He half jokes things are so horrible he almost wants a more controlled society like fascism. Fascist countries above all else protect their comedians' rights to make fun of everything including the country's religion and leader right? But he probably doesn't mean the usual fascism that would get rid of all comedy, he means fascism like he would design it according to his sensibilities. And he interprets this desire he has to basically be dictator as confirmation that everyone <i>other than him</i> is entitled.

Derosa only wants everything in society to conform to all of his tastes meanwhile you assholes want to tweet to people on twitter (which nobody is forcing him to be on or forcing him to read) can't you see how fucked up it is that you get what you want and he doesn't get to live in a society where school children visit the public library (up to like 5 times ever) to copy something out of an encyclopedia without reading it, like how it should if it was a fucking GOOD CULTURE!?!

Off topic -- I was introduced to this Internet show (KATG) by a friend a few months back; I should have registered here sooner to tell you I love it!
flerchin and foxdougan like this.
Old 09-11-2013, 12:10 PM   #16 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollin View Post
Off topic -- I was introduced to this Internet show (KATG) by a friend a few months back; I should have registered here sooner to tell you I love it!
Fuuuuuck you and welcome to the forums!
Old 09-11-2013, 01:12 PM   #17 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I'm guessing this "copyright" call was just the Christian girl playing a prank because she was angry at Keith. I hope we find out in the next show...
Old 09-11-2013, 03:23 PM   #18 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enunciated Piffle View Post
Sometimes people use a word. It's a label called 'contrarian.' Now you could google this word, or to really get the entire gist of the term, just listen to the first 45 minutes of this deliciously contrarian episode where Joe Derosa verbally fights with Chemda on: everything!

I don't think he said yes, or agreed, or even alluded to agreeing on ONE single thing that Chemda said. Even when she was clearly in the right! This...this is a feat unto itself.
I took it the opposite way Piff Daddy, where it seemed like Chemda was more or less interviewing Joe, "What do you think of this? What do you think of that?" and then each time he'd give his answer Chemda would disagree with it, over and over.

But I love how Chemda argues and Joe has long been one of my favourite guests, so we agree where it counts: This was a great episode and "football" is silly. One hour of action takes three hours to play out? Da fuck? Even cricket makes sense compared to that.
WittyReference likes this.
Old 09-11-2013, 06:30 PM   #19 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I loved the back and forth between Chemda and Joe so much that I was stopping winding back and playing those sections multiple time to be sure I was following it. This was a rolled gold episode.

And fuck you Keith - you made me cry again, reading back what I posted. I have racked my brain trying to remember the events of that night and I can only recall a few broken fragments. It still horrifies the fuck out of me.

For the record, I had the strength to be able to say to a few guests at my 40th birthday party that I am taking a break from alcoholic beverages for the time being because my drinking has been getting out of hand. I didn't have to resort to any cheap excuses.

Last edited by Dean from Australia; 09-11-2013 at 06:42 PM.
Old 09-11-2013, 10:05 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean from Australia View Post
For the record, I had the strength to be able to say to a few guests at my 40th birthday party that I am taking a break from alcoholic beverages for the time being because my drinking has been getting out of hand. I didn't have to resort to any cheap excuses.
That's good. I sort of cringed with the personal life being out there and all. Hopefully it will be all good from here.