Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Is Keith too tough about taking away people's gun permits?
Yes. We all make mistakes. 8 12.31%
No. There's no excuse for these people that messed up. 57 87.69%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree49Likes

Old 09-25-2013, 03:50 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

1853: Upvote

www.twitter.com/KeithandTheGirl

Tickets - Keith and The Girl Store

Share this episode: Upvote (Keith and The Girl) - Comedy Talk Show & Podcast

Subscribe for free: Keith and The Girl podcast on your iPhone, iPad and iPod with iTunes

Last edited by Keith; 09-26-2013 at 03:21 PM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 06:22 PM   #2 (permalink)

The Ethiopian joke is funny. I don't see why people would down vote it.
I enjoy the track "Chemda" from "Sue Everyone" if people haven't, they need to get that CD.
I agree with the guy who loved the ads you guys do.
You could actually put the ads on Reddit with the stand up picture. Keith yelling at the listener because the government should make it illegal because the deal is TOO GOOD.

SHIPPING IS INCLUDED?!!!?!!??! /flips table/

Gold
Keith, Bucho, flerchin and 1 others like this.
Old 09-25-2013, 10:43 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorin Markov View Post
The Ethiopian joke is funny. I don't see why people would down vote it.
Because the interwebs are full of sensitive cunts with no sense of humour.

Also, I was surprised at big tuff Keith getting upset about some downvotes. I reckon downvotes are at least as good as upvotes. People have read your shit and have reacted to it, and you know what people are thinking. Sack up princess, the world is a harsh place.

I would love it if Michael put a "dislike" button here. I reckon I'd do OK
Bucho and Enunciated Piffle like this.
Old 09-26-2013, 03:10 AM   #4 (permalink)

For what it's worth, that rule about not putting salt on food in Egypt is bullshit.

And when are folks going to realize that Saudi Arabia is no more a realistic representation of the Arab world than rural Oklahoma is for the entirety of the 'West.' Saudia Arabia is not Lebanon is not Egypt is not Tunisia is not Morocco.

Yeah, women aren't allowed to drive in Saudi Arabia, but Tunisian women got reproductive rights (abortions, contraceptives, etc..) years before American women did. (Admittedly the current Islamist government is trying to chip away at that right but not more so than Rick Perry and his lot back home in Texas are. At least in Tunisia there's a pretty good chance the Islamists will be voted out of office next elections--Texas aint turning blue for some time).

It's a complicated world, yeah, but generalizations and undue stereotypes don't serve anyone's interests.
Bo&Ellie, Bucho and Lanfear like this.
Old 09-26-2013, 03:18 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarrs View Post
For what it's worth, that rule about not putting salt on food in Egypt is bullshit.

And when are folks going to realize that Saudi Arabia is no more a realistic representation of the Arab world than rural Oklahoma is for the entirety of the 'West.' Saudia Arabia is not Lebanon is not Egypt is not Tunisia is not Morocco.

Yeah, women aren't allowed to drive in Saudi Arabia, but Tunisian women got reproductive rights (abortions, contraceptives, etc..) years before American women did. (Admittedly the current Islamist government is trying to chip away at that right but not more so than Rick Perry and his lot back home in Texas are. At least in Tunisia there's a pretty good chance the Islamists will be voted out of office next elections--Texas aint turning blue for some time).

It's a complicated world, yeah, but generalizations and undue stereotypes don't serve anyone's interests.
That's quite a depressing 1st post.

There were a lot of serious sounding words, and no pics of tits or anything. However you did a nice job with the paragraphs, and breaking up things into separate bits.

I'd be lying if I said I read it all, but as long as you're happy with your work, that's all that matters.

I see you're in Egypt, so I took the liberty of reporting your post to the local authorities and identified you as a likely subersive element. Have fun in their Arab spring prison.

Welcome, and Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck you.
Old 09-26-2013, 06:57 AM   #6 (permalink)

I live in Tennessee and have a hand gun carry permit. To get the permit I was required to attend a six hour training class in which we were not only taught the rules for Tennessee, but were also provided the rules for all of the states. It was stressed that it is your own responsibilty to know the laws for not only the area you are traveling to but also the laws for every area you are passing thru to get there. "I didnt know" is never an excuse when it comes to gun laws.
Bo&Ellie, Bucho, Sparrow and 2 others like this.
Old 09-26-2013, 07:09 AM   #7 (permalink)

The change dish

When it's time to take in the coins the lady and I place bets on how much is in there, the winner gets a 10 minute massage and the money is spent on something fun we normally wouldn't buy. We've gone to Greece on change, Copenhagen and this time we're getting nice watches.

We save for a long time. We don't spend coins, only bills, so all the coins we get are like, profit.
Old 09-26-2013, 10:25 AM   #8 (permalink)

Just for clarity, the peace sign in Britain still means peace, unless it's turned around to show the back of the hand, the same way Americans use the middle finger. Here's some quick photo references:

Ginger girl = fuck you

John Lennon = Peace

There's also the expression "put up two fingers to [blank]" meaning "told them to fuck off." Of course with American influence so widespread, the middle finger also works.

The story, supposedly, goes back to the British longbowman during the Hundred Years War. Captured bowmen would have their fingers cut off to prevent them from ever using a bow again. Those who had never been captured would taunt the French by raising two fingers as if to say "still got 'em."
Enunciated Piffle likes this.
Old 09-26-2013, 10:29 AM   #9 (permalink)
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Singapore is so clean, there are no mosquitoes (they get rid of them), and there are barely any children around. There's not much to do there after 1 week, but it's an OK vacation spot. Definitely different from anything you'd see in North America.

Yeah, it sucks that you can't bring drinks and food onto the subway and you can't have gum, but I suppose there's a price to pay if you want the entire country to be spick-and-span. I suppose some people would prefer this to complete freedom (and the risk of having a dirty city).

On the plus side, they did warn us when were about to bring a drink onto the train. They probably recognized us as foreigners and give us a warning before doing anything else. The downside is that there are cases where they go crazy about the law. You can allow for exceptions, but then there would be exceptions all over the place and people would start abusing the law. If only people could just use garbage bins properly...
Enunciated Piffle likes this.
Old 09-26-2013, 11:28 AM   #10 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarrs View Post
Yeah, women aren't allowed to drive in Saudi Arabia, but...
Okay.