Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Is it over for Keith?
Yes. That kitten's staying in the house. 41 73.21%
No. Keith will decide the cat is too much. 15 26.79%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree10Likes

Old 10-11-2013, 04:31 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

1856: Animal House

with Chris Laker and Josh Gondelman

www.twitter.com/ChrisLaker

www.twitter.com/JoshGondelman

Share this episode: Animal House (Keith and The Girl) - Comedy Talk Show & Podcast

Subscribe for free: Keith and The Girl podcast on your iPhone, iPad and iPod with iTunes

Last edited by Marisela; 10-14-2013 at 02:15 PM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 05:05 PM   #2 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

I'm in school for speech therapy, and we talk a lot about atypical development and working with special needs populations. Most of my professors are annoyed by the fact that we have to be so politically correct and aren't supposed to use the word "retarded". Instead we use "cognitively impaired".

Now I just ask my friends if they're cognitively impaired when they're acting retarded.
WittyReference likes this.
Old 10-11-2013, 08:02 PM   #3 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Don't be alarmed if the kitten is a little freaked out and decides to hide for the night. That is completely normal.

If you keep the kitten, get a brush called the Furminator. It is the best brush for getting loose fur. If you brush every other day, that will lessen chances of hairballs. There is also food that helps decrease the chances of hairballs. Some cats like being brushed, others not so much. There are all kinds of things that you can purchase to keep the hair off the furniture. It also helps if you don't have carpet; it is much easier to sweep all of the hair up rather than trying to vacuum.

Some kittens hiss a little when they play. When they become completely 'fluffed', that's when you'll need to get Hugsy away so that the kitten can chill out for a little bit.

You will likely think the cat is bipolar. It can be completely calm one second and then really spazzy the next. They do tend to grow out of this phase.

Claws-the kitten might accidentally scratch Hugsy; I have to trim 2 out of the 4 cats that have claws because for whatever reason, they don't trim their claws themselves. Vets will often do this for you.

Best of luck. Please post pictures and videos as I'm sure they will be extra cute!
Old 10-12-2013, 12:55 AM   #4 (permalink)

Saying the kitten will stay sounds to me like Keith has no say in the matter. Different personalities get along better with a dog or a cat.
Old 10-12-2013, 09:47 AM   #5 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSEIII View Post
Different personalities get along better with a dog or a cat.
Does it depend on things, Yahoo! Answers?
Old 10-12-2013, 04:32 PM   #6 (permalink)

Littlp is right, very much so. The furminator is awesome and should be started as soon as you get the kitten.

Same with clipping the nails. Most clippers are fine, what you do is take a soft towel and wrap Signor Meows-a-Lot in it, and then clip the nails. They don't like it, but for the most part it's super easy to clip them, far easier than clipping dog nails.
Old 10-12-2013, 09:50 PM   #7 (permalink)

Also,this is Keith we are talking about here.

Once pussy gets in the house, it's never going to leave.

I shall leave you with the following song about the subject.

Last edited by andsoitgoes; 10-12-2013 at 09:55 PM.
Old 10-12-2013, 10:36 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlp View Post

If you keep the kitten, get a brush called the Furminator...
cats are fucking god awful. what high maintenance cunts.

keet, don't become this person. don't be the guy getting a...a...furminator? good god man, where is your dignity?!
Keith, crazyrob and Scumhook like this.
Old 10-13-2013, 07:06 PM   #9 (permalink)
Administrator
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I got home from getting groceries yesterday and there was this cat meowing like a mofo. So I knelt down and it came right up to me, rolled over and spread its legs wide out. No thanks, cat. I just bought those sock things for the pool filter, you honestly think I'm into cats? It then tried to get into my house while I was bringing groceries in, scaring my daughter and making me want to grab my stomping boots.

My point is, cats suck. They don't love their owners and will sleep around with whomever will look at them for half a second. Had I let the cat in the house, I'm sure it would be my cat now. Because that's what they are like - "Hey man, didn't you have a cat?".... "I did, but then someone else opened their front door. So I guess he's theirs now. Pudding anyone?"
Enunciated Piffle likes this.

Last edited by bw81; 10-13-2013 at 07:08 PM.
Old 10-14-2013, 09:45 AM   #10 (permalink)
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I didn't realize I was being an asshole when recommending another dog over the kitten, and by voting that way. Cats are cute, and I'm sure you will enjoy it.

I suggest you name the cat "Wife." Then you can say this is my wife, Cat, and this is my cat, Wife. Heehee!
andsoitgoes, BrianAlt and WSEIII like this.