Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Do you live with a pet that you're allergic to?
Yes 9 14.29%
No 54 85.71%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree8Likes

Old 10-14-2013, 10:44 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

1857: My Wife

with Adam Spiegelman and Brian Baldinger

www.twitter.com/ProudlyResents

www.twitter.com/BrianBaldinger

Share this episode: My Wife (Keith and The Girl) - Comedy Talk Show & Podcast

Subscribe for free: Keith and The Girl podcast on your iPhone, iPad and iPod with iTunes

Last edited by Marisela; 10-15-2013 at 09:27 PM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 06:21 AM   #2 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

#11 this morning. Yeah!
ThePinkSuperhero likes this.
Old 10-15-2013, 10:17 AM   #3 (permalink)
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

How do I keep getting tricked with these polls?!

Should Keith get a kitten? (You're an asshole if you vote no)

Is it over for Keith with this kitten? (We're both allergic)

Apparently both poll answers give me AIDS so I won't even bother. (Fuck me, I will, I can't help myself)

Good show. I missed you guys while you were in LA.
Old 10-15-2013, 11:34 AM   #4 (permalink)

Keith, I'm highly allergic to cats and dogs, and regarding allergies my IgE numbers are 1200 (normal is under 100).

That said, because we feed our pets the best quality food out there, I no longer have ANY sort of allergic reaction to them. Before, simply petting a cat would make my hands unbearably itchy, as well as my face and eyes.

It's ALL in the food. Orijen is pricey, but the benefits seriously outweigh the cost. My cats might still shed, but our hypoallergenic dogs leave more hair around than the cats do. The only things that get cat hair on them are our curtains that the cats crawl around through (they like sitting in the window.)

I do sometimes still react, especially if I do use the brush to comb them. But just not touching the hair, because you're pulling out the oils and dander from their hair which is the thing we are allergic to. If you have an allergy to dogs and cats, even having a hypoallergenic dog doesn't truly help, the reason they don't cause huge reactions is because they don't technically shed and drop hair when you touch them. If you were to brush their hair and touch what shows up on the comb, you'd react.

As for the album, I'll try to find the official thread but the album isn't available in Canada. Everything else is, but not this.

You should also really consider putting the video up on iTunes, it'd be awesome

And I stress again, these things will make life with a cat a THOUSAND times better:

Scratching post. Good enough one will ensure they won't scratch anything else. I've never had a couch damaged by our cats.

Good food will almost entirely eliminate both shedding AND hairballs.

As it might be clear, I'm currently listening to the episode as I type this

Oh. Never mind then.

Keith, if you're getting rid of the cat, I would consider getting a friend for Hugsy. He will be much happier and you'll thank yourself for it.

Last edited by andsoitgoes; 10-15-2013 at 11:41 AM.
Old 10-15-2013, 11:42 AM   #5 (permalink)

good riddance.

all these cat defenses are chock full of caveats. andsoitgoes are you serious? mega expensive food and toxic balls of fur? sounds great. totally worth it i'm sure when they sit in boxes.

i got a cat because the summer mice were too big for the traps we had. Burt Reynolds kills things, pisses and shits outside, and doesn't like to be held or cuddled. he's a strapping, efficient beast. i can't imagine any other reason to posses one.
WSEIII and Scumhook like this.
Old 10-15-2013, 11:56 AM   #6 (permalink)

Sparrow, did a cat rape you as a child?

What is with your insane hate toward them?

Having my cat seriously helped me recover after a very difficult surgery. The bond she and I had was a big help, especially when everyone else was at school/work.

The same caveats are no different for dogs. In fact , it can be a thousand times worse. I've had dogs cause way more damage than my cats ever did.

No pets are perfect, and not liking cats is fine, but you seem to go out of your way to simply hate them. But to think dogs get a pass when they have as many issues is shortsighted and a bit stupid.
Old 10-15-2013, 12:24 PM   #7 (permalink)

one of the things i took away from my marriage. also, maintaining three points of contact, the phonetic alphabet, and how to correctly button a suit jacket.
ImStillToni and Scumhook like this.
Old 10-15-2013, 01:37 PM   #8 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I haven't heard the episode yet but it's in the cue...

I agree with the food theory. Our cat had a ton of problems with the litter for a week or two, turns out her carb intensive dry food only diet was making her stool dry too so she was mega constipated (and hugely over weight) so she was doing her business outside of the box *SHOCKED AND DISGUSTED*. We now feed her calorie reduced wet food and dry food. Her fur is silken, her litter is full of normal movements (charming), she never poops outside of her box and she's just plain happier. I would apply this same theory to your precious Hugsy. Dry food yes but wet food a total MUST HAVE.

Also, don't get a cat, have a baby already
flerchin and andsoitgoes like this.
Old 10-15-2013, 02:27 PM   #9 (permalink)
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by campy View Post
Also, don't get a cat, have a baby already
This! QFE
Old 10-15-2013, 10:22 PM   #10 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I love Adam as a guest-so funny and awesome voice.

Glad you guys did the trial. Now you know. Everyone has different preferences in animals. It is almost impossible to explain to someone who just can't see how someone can love cats or other pets. To each his/her own.

I think it is nuts for people to have pets they are allergic too. Allergies are so damn miserable and to not be able to run in 100% ever for several years just seems ridiculous. If my husband or I become allergic to our cats, as painful ad it would be we would rehome them. Life is too short to be dealing with allergies like that. However, to each his own.

Last edited by littlp; 10-15-2013 at 10:24 PM.