C 2 3.13%
D 0 0%
F 0 0%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By WSEIII
  • 3 Post By Wcase
  • 2 Post By Edward's Screen Name

Old 10-18-2013, 06:11 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

1861: First Impressions

with J-L Cauvin

www.twitter.com/JLCauvin

Share this episode: First Impressions (Keith and The Girl) - Comedy Talk Show & Podcast

Subscribe for free: Keith and The Girl podcast on your iPhone, iPad and iPod with iTunes

Last edited by Marisela; 10-20-2013 at 08:39 PM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 07:07 PM   #2 (permalink)

"Holy height difference Batman." You two went from little Liz to a giant.
Tomrl94 likes this.
Old 10-19-2013, 02:16 AM   #3 (permalink)

i literally just started listeneing to this ep, and now i fuckng want to eat a delicious chicken red wine casserole dish.

fuck.

and yuuuuuuuuum.....
Old 10-19-2013, 10:55 PM   #4 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer

Are you guys putting any effort to get Bill Burr on the show? I think he and Keith would be very funny together. He's friends with both DeRosa and Robert Kelly, pull some strings. Plus, Keith can tell him his opinion of Breaking Bad.
Old 10-20-2013, 08:50 AM   #5 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

J-L is amazing. His Keep Yoru Enemies closer album is a gem.
Old 10-20-2013, 11:18 AM   #6 (permalink)

Regarding the Sunday Night Blues, everyone should check out this talk by Alain de Botton in which discusses the same phenomenon much more eloquently than any newspaper poll could hope to do.

I'm not surprised that folks like weekends more than Mondays. No matter how much you enjoy your job, it's still a job. Work, however satisfying, cannot be described with the same language we use to describe recreation, relaxation, and general "fun." There's some cultural baggage too. For example, the Danish have the word Arbejdsglaede which means "happiness at work", and which similar words only exist in Scandanavian languages. The Japanese have Karoshi, which means "death from overwork." So maybe we English-speakers simply need something to encapsulate the notion that "my job is fun, but I'd rather be on vacation."
Old 10-21-2013, 10:24 AM   #7 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer

I give Louis CK an A and not an A+ because while I find his stuff really funny, I also find it really depressing. I can watch a clip of his and laugh but feel totally drained afterwards like, fuck, what is life. I would give Chris Rock an A+ because I can watch his stuff and it's also true but it's not so damn depressing.
Old 10-21-2013, 05:15 PM   #8 (permalink)

I'm with J-L. You women need to get this birth control thing on lock down. If not for yourself, do it for the betterment of your gender.

Yes, if your concern is getting pregnant, you need to be the one who's responsible by either getting on some form of birth control or making sure your sexual partner is using birth control. Real women have fought too hard for sexual independence for some of you ladies to just throw it away by saying it's the man's responsibility.

You know what happens when you say it's the man's responsibility to prevent you from getting pregnant? You're basically telling me that it's OK, as a man, to claim ownership of your vagina because you can't be bothered. This is what male Congressional Republicans believe every time they vote to remove funding from Planned Parenthood. When real feminists get to the microphone and tell Republicans that they can't decide what's right for women, the politicians are thinking the opposite: that it's there job to legislate the vagina.

Don't give them the satisfaction.

Don't ever let a man decide when birth control is necessary or not. Don't ever let a man think he's responsible for birth control. It's your vagina, ladies, own it!

Who's with me!?

Also, I gave Louis C.K. a B, based purely on his standup. His show gets an A.
EdwardA and Scumhook like this.

Last edited by Edward's Screen Name; 10-21-2013 at 05:19 PM.
Old 10-22-2013, 12:15 AM   #9 (permalink)
38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Good episode. It seemed really rough at first, but then J-L seemed to relax/find his grove/something, and it was great. I'm looking forward to Keith as a lawyer, and judge.
Old 10-22-2013, 08:13 AM   #10 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward's Screen Name View Post
I'm with J-L. You women need to get this birth control thing on lock down. If not for yourself, do it for the betterment of your gender.

Yes, if your concern is getting pregnant, you need to be the one who's responsible by either getting on some form of birth control or making sure your sexual partner is using birth control. Real women have fought too hard for sexual independence for some of you ladies to just throw it away by saying it's the man's responsibility.

You know what happens when you say it's the man's responsibility to prevent you from getting pregnant? You're basically telling me that it's OK, as a man, to claim ownership of your vagina because you can't be bothered. This is what male Congressional Republicans believe every time they vote to remove funding from Planned Parenthood. When real feminists get to the microphone and tell Republicans that they can't decide what's right for women, the politicians are thinking the opposite: that it's there job to legislate the vagina.

Don't give them the satisfaction.

Don't ever let a man decide when birth control is necessary or not. Don't ever let a man think he's responsible for birth control. It's your vagina, ladies, own it!
Hmmm. Takes two people to make a baby.
Both have to take precautions otherwise yall is just silly.
It's not fair to ONLY put this type of stuff on women.

Also I think our gender is pretty awesome and we do not need to be bettered in this manner.

Different note: Y'all always wonder how I got so tall? My dad was as tall as J-L. Its really freaky and I totally identify with all the "disabled" talk cause shit is always too small. Womp womp.