Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (http://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/)
-   Show Talk (http://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/)
-   -   1865: We Don't Need No Education (http://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/1865-we-dont-need-no-education-18139/)

Keith 10-24-2013 05:52 PM

1865: We Don't Need No Education
 
Share this episode: We Don't Need No Education (Keith and The Girl) - Comedy Talk Show & Podcast

Subscribe for free: Keith and The Girl podcast on your iPhone, iPad and iPod with iTunes

WSEIII 10-24-2013 10:33 PM

I somehow managed to stay alive and not kill anyone during my school years.

I think toy guns should be phased out. Unfortunately the police officer who shot the thirteen year old did the right thing.

fredd 10-24-2013 10:55 PM

So they shout at the kid from behind and when he turns around to see what's going on, they shoot him 7 times dead? I'm suprised the police in the article didn't say "he was coming right at us". now I realize he was carrying replica guns, but most other places there would be no way police would assume a 13 year old could possibly be walking around with real guns.

Keith 10-25-2013 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fredd (Post 783109)
So they shout at the kid from behind and when he turns around to see what's going on, they shoot him 7 times dead? I'm suprised the police in the article didn't say "he was coming right at us". now I realize he was carrying replica guns, but most other places there would be no way police would assume a 13 year old could possibly be walking around with real guns.

They just wanted to kill a 13-year-old? It's worth explaining to the higher ups?

"AS IF THEY HAD TO!"

Quote:

Originally Posted by WSEIII (Post 783107)
I somehow managed to stay alive and not kill anyone during my school years.

I think toy guns should be phased out. Unfortunately the police officer who shot the thirteen year old did the right thing.

You were in a special school.

I wouldn't call you out but "phased out" is a, no pun, cop out.

Toy guns or not toy guns? Or explain how we phase them out.

We're changing the world here or what's the point?!

fredd 10-25-2013 02:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith (Post 783121)
They just wanted to kill a 13-year-old? It's worth explaining to the higher ups?

"AS IF THEY HAD TO!"


I would hope not, the kid was in the wrong walking around with replica guns, but I don't think the punishment should be death. I wasn't there, I don't know how it goes down. Maybe the cops were in the right, who knows what the exact situation was - but to me it seems they were too fast to fire... but I don't really know shit about being a cop in america, so yeah. Definately wouldn't blame the kid for getting killed, though.

Keith 10-25-2013 03:38 AM

I do. I blame the kid.

Just for the record in case they ever transcribe this in court.

John Galt 10-25-2013 07:41 AM

Yep, I grew up in Spartanburg, SC. That story sounds about right for the religious community there. I left for a reason.

WSEIII 10-25-2013 08:49 AM

I'm thinking that if we phase out the toy guns kids will have more respect for real guns and there will be less cases like this one. With some luck the accidental shootings will decrease also. Worth a shot right?

For the record I was never in special education.

Sparrow 10-25-2013 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WSEIII (Post 783159)
I'm thinking that if we phase out the toy guns kids will have more respect for real guns.

education is the best way to teach children to respect weaponry.

the thing about demonizing toys is that kids aren't stupid. they know toys aren't real. this false alarming that turns innocuous things into dangerous ones unnecessarily devalues the danger of real dangerous things. not to mention turning toys into taboos.

reacting more strenuously to a toy as toward the real thing doesn't help a damn thing. kids aren't stupid. regulating toys as dangerous objects while simultaneously telling them the second amendment entitles, nay, requires the duty to own the real thing willy nilly without regulation is a dangerous thing. it's confusing.

Sashi 10-26-2013 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seamus (Post 783172)
So toys of real objects bring about a lack of respect for the actual object? So then we ban toy cars so people drive safer then.

Yes, cars are the same as guns. You should ban toy hammers too.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:31 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1
Keith and The GirlAd Management plugin by RedTyger