Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

Old 12-16-2005, 01:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

187: Keith and Patrice

"We gave bandanas to all the Indians when we gave them AIDS."

Supplemental reading: www.SHITE.com/duvet.pdf
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 03:10 PM   #2 (permalink)

Tookie was not a founding memeber of the Crips, a guy named Ray "Ray Ray" Williams was. Tookie ran a gan that was aligned with the original crips.

Ray Ray was a bad ass, and started the crips by going to the gang on the next block and getting in a fight with the leader. He never lost, andmost of the gangs joined up with him. If not they joined the bloods.
Old 12-16-2005, 03:18 PM   #3 (permalink)
mkl

"Tookie was not a founding memeber of the Crips, a guy named Ray "Ray Ray" Williams was. Tookie ran a gan that was aligned with the original crips."

I believe you may be wrong, according to most places on the net...the crips were started by Stanley "Tookie" Williams and Raymond Washington. Tookie was not the first member, but one of the first, making him a "founding" member. Tookie is pretty much known as one of the founders of the crips to just about everyone. At least , everyone here on the streets. yo.
Old 12-16-2005, 03:45 PM   #4 (permalink)

This is the article I got that info from:

http://www.laweekly.com/ink/06/04/news-krikorian.php

Quote:
Contrary to popular assumption, Stanley Tookie Williams, who was fatally injected Tuesday morning and pronounced dead at 12:35 a.m., was not the founder or even the co-founder of the Crips. The undisputed father of the notorious black street gang was one Raymond Washington, a fearless and mighty 5-foot-8 fireplug who loved to fight and loathed guns. He was killed at age 26 by a shotgun blast allegedly by someone he knew on the corner of 64th and San Pedro streets on August 9, 1979.

All this talk of Tookie being the co-founder of the Crips is a lot of embellishment because there is no doubt Raymond Washington founded the Crips, said Alex Alonso, founder of the Web site Streetgangs.com. Alonso even went so far as to produce a documentary called Gangsta King about Washington.
Old 12-16-2005, 03:54 PM   #5 (permalink)
mkl

Well, in his memoirs "Blue Rage, Black Redemption" he claims he was the co-founder. But who can trust him?
"Twenty-five years ago when I created the Crips youth gang with Raymond Lee Washington in South Central Los Angeles..." - Quote from Tookie

Yeah...who knows which sources are right, the following say he was the co-founder:

http://www.tookie.com/abtookie.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crips
http://www.answers.com/topic/crips
http://www.reference.com/browse/wiki/Crips
http://www.gripe4rkids.org/crips.html

Other sources say he wasn't.
Some sources say he was a robot.
Old 12-16-2005, 09:16 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkl

Other sources say he wasn't.
Some sources say he was a robot.
Yeah sorry about that, Im the one who changed wikipedia to say he was a robot. Adam Curry put me up to it though.
Old 12-17-2005, 03:11 AM   #7 (permalink)

Foot Binding

Foot binding was practiced in China, not Japan.
Old 12-17-2005, 03:14 PM   #8 (permalink)

Inside the actor studio will have Barbara Walters on. I gues that prove how shitty the show is.

http://www.tvsquad.com/2005/12/17/wh...actors-studio/

Has she ever acted?

IMDB Has he only playing herself, except a stint on Sesame Street as an "Investigating Reporter"
Old 12-17-2005, 06:48 PM   #9 (permalink)

I hate patrice

I think its funny that Keith spent the entire show hating everything and everyone he talked about but neglected to mention how much he hates Patrice. well I guess he doesnt hate her but he should. Patrice represents everything I hate a bout radio and television and why I started listening to podcasts. if I wanted to here about celebrity bullshit she knows nothing about, Id watch any random channel on TV or any fm radio station. Its just boring and wastes time and I think this show is better than that. Now Ive been listing for a while now and it hasnt bothered me so much because she was only on one day a week, but then I come to find an entire show dedicated to listening to her dribble. Now I understand Chemda is gone and the show is trying to make do, but if I had to choose between another day with no show or recruit a fucking E! news reject, Id go with no show, at least I can handle that. Now let me close in saying that I dont blame it on Patrice, I mean someone has to talk about celebrity bullshit, and act like they got the inside track, or insider news or whatever they think they have, I just wish I didnt follow me everywhere I go, I mean I dont listen to talk radio because of this bullshit, I cant watch the news anymore because apparently what celeb is getting married is what passes for new these days, and now Ive finally found an outlet, podcasting, and now the bullshit is here to. I believe anyone whos ever uttered the words "I cant believe the bennifers are breaking up" should be shot. By the way I love the show, keep up the good work.
Old 12-17-2005, 07:06 PM   #10 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by digifu
I just wish I didnt follow me everywhere I go, I mean I dont listen to talk radio because of this bullshit, I cant watch the news anymore because apparently what celeb is getting married is what passes for new these days, and now Ive finally found an outlet, podcasting, and now the bullshit is here to. I believe anyone whos ever uttered the words "I cant believe the bennifers are breaking up" should be shot.

By the way I love the show, keep up the good work.

i agree that it's sad that we spend so much of our time on pointless gossip and shit like that

but you know you love it when keith is not even paying attention until patrice mentions lesbian love with Angelina Jolie and what's her face

like keith, i had no idea she was a part time muff diver
and that point of information made the show worth while all by itself