Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Should the cupcake shop have given Alex free tap water?
Yes. 39 38.61%
Huh? 62 61.39%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree43Likes

Old 11-07-2013, 05:45 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

1873: Alex, Alex, Every Where

with Alex Edelman

www.twitter.com/Alex_Edelman

Share this episode: Alex, Alex, Every Where (Keith and The Girl) - Comedy Talk Show & Podcast

Subscribe for free: Keith and The Girl podcast on your iPhone, iPad and iPod with iTunes
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 07:55 PM   #2 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer

RE: Tap Water

Alex was going about it the wrong way, I would never hold up a line if I was refused a free glass of water however...

Maybe it's a Midwest thing but I don't think there's an establishment in this city (restaurant, bakery, movie theatre, bank, grocery store, you name it) that wouldn't give a pedestrian a glass of water!

Then again, there's not that many pedestrians so they might just assume there's some emergency if you're on foot.
Lanfear likes this.
Old 11-07-2013, 09:22 PM   #3 (permalink)

I voted no on the tap water because the cupcake place, probably wasn't set up to serve water, tap water is gross because of all the stuff that's in it and cupcakes are a desert and not a meal unto themselves. Alex should complain to the Two Broke Girls.

On the other hand why shouldn't they have water for the rare occasion of somebody choking on a cupcake.
Old 11-07-2013, 09:48 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSEIII View Post
tap water is gross because of all the stuff that's in it
the people who bottle water use gross and less regulated water sources than American cities. also, in pursuit of said sources, native peoples' natural water sources in places like south america are being privatized i.e. stolen. Nestle is a major offender and big corporate face in the fight for global water rights. it's not yet a human right. water. the thing required for human life. like air. Nestle lobbys against it on the reg.

aside from an obsession with flouride, tap water in the united states is way safe....ya know, where they're not fracking. i've always had well water; it's clean, delicious, and straight from the mountain. water from cities are closely monitored, tested daily, and made entirely potable through spiffy modern filtration systems.

you will not receive parasites or feces from an on spec American tap. this is not true for a lot of the world. tap water isn't gross, it's stigmatized.
jorjo and WittyReference like this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aunt_helen View Post
Laugh a little, chigger. The world is a fun place.

Last edited by Sparrow; 11-07-2013 at 09:58 PM.
Old 11-08-2013, 01:08 AM   #5 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSEIII View Post
tap water is gross because of all the stuff that's in it
From what birdie said it sounds like you have the same situation as we have here, tap water gets constantly monitored and checked - the bottle manufacturers only have to get checked about once a year. How would that be better?

Also you do realize that manufacturers like coca cola just use tap water fill it in a bottle and sell that to you? Google how they tried to introduce Dasani into the European market - such a beautiful failure
Old 11-08-2013, 08:16 AM   #6 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

They work for the Tap Water Lobby, WSEIII. Don't mind them.

Everyone knows bottled water tastes better. They're trying to seem like purists.

Or is it "pourists?" copyright Myq Kaplan
WSEIII and OLDPPL like this.

Last edited by Keith; 11-08-2013 at 09:42 AM.
Old 11-08-2013, 09:09 AM   #7 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer

20 minutes in and I am not loving this guest. I'm over the damaged comedian moping about his life, I'm over that same comedian not getting treatment because it ruins his special snowflake talent, and I'm really over guests who come to the show without ever having listened to an episode! Listen to 2-3 episodes, particularly the ones your friends were on for the first time, you might get a clue as to what the show will be like. Will keep listening and post back if this guest improves.
CherryLavender likes this.
Old 11-08-2013, 09:43 AM   #8 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

I have a feeling you'll post regardless. No offense to you. I just know what happens next.
Old 11-08-2013, 09:45 AM   #9 (permalink)

Tap water is whatever but if you live in an old city like NYC with nasty ass old decayed and 20 decade old rusty plumbing...buy yer water.

Better yet have a brita at home and pack around a glass voss water bottle with a KATG sticker on it.
Old 11-08-2013, 09:48 AM   #10 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Of course.

Don't tell me NYC has the best tap water in the country if it doesn't taste the best out of the tap. That's half the name!