Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Are you an atheist?
Yes 63 70.00%
No 27 30.00%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree17Likes

Old 11-08-2013, 10:17 AM   #21 (permalink)

There's nothing ambiguous about what the bible says about homosexuality.

You can choose to believe it or not believe it but it doesn't help to confuse the matter by referring to scriptures about spilling seed.

1 Corinthians 6:9-10
English Standard Version (ESV)
9 Or do you not know that the unrighteous[a] will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality,[b] 10 nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

Footnotes:

1 Corinthians 6:9 Or wrongdoers
1 Corinthians 6:9 The two Greek terms translated by this phrase refer to the passive and active partners in consensual homosexual acts

&

Leviticus 18:22 (King James Version)

Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.

The bible is relatively silent about girl-on-girl action, as it is with most issues related to women. There is however some interesting stuff going on between Lot and his daughters.

Genesis 19:8

“Now behold, I have two daughters who have not had relations with man; please let me bring them out to you, and do to them whatever you like; only do nothing to these men, inasmuch as they have come under the shelter of my roof.”

and later in Genesis 19:

31 One day the older daughter said to the younger, "Our father is old, and there is no man around here to lie with us, as is the custom all over the earth. 32 Let's get our father to drink wine and then lie with him and preserve our family line through our father." 33 That night they got their father to drink wine, and the older daughter went in and lay with him. He was not aware of it when she lay down or when she got up. 34 The next day the older daughter said to the younger, "Last night I lay with my father. Let's get him to drink wine again tonight, and you go in and lie with him so we can preserve our family line through our father." 35 So they got their father to drink wine that night also, and the younger daughter went and lay with him. Again he was not aware of it when she lay down or when she got up. 36 So both of Lot's daughters became pregnant by their father.

And then there's this:

"There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses." - Ezekiel 23:20
Keith likes this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 10:18 AM   #22 (permalink)

I thought that was a strange comment too - never heard of a comedian being arrested here. in the US though, i've seen pictures of cops filling the aisles at Lenny Bruce gigs prior to his many arrests.
And i've seen comedy shows being taken off air because they had a gay character.
And i've seen newsmen lose their jobs for asking the wrong question.
And talk show hosts lose their shows for making an obvious comment that was deemed "unpatriotic".
And i've seen department stores dump their advertising campaigns because of protests over gay representatives. cola companies dump their endorsers over the baring of a nipple and tv companies dump syndicated shows on grounds of "morality".

Last edited by adrian; 11-08-2013 at 10:26 AM.
Old 11-08-2013, 10:47 AM   #23 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianAlt View Post
A Libertarian is supposed to be one that believes in a person's liberty to live their life the way they want to. However, in my opinion, too many of the party leaders also want to dictate some of those liberties (a contradiction). Most individuals (non-politicians) just want true liberty, but if they get it, that often infringes on someone else's liberties (another contradiction).

"The kind of man who wants the government to adopt and enforce his ideas is always the kind of man whose ideas are idiotic." - Mencken
BrianAlt likes this.
Old 11-08-2013, 11:07 AM   #24 (permalink)

if this is what people are referring to, then it appears you are defending the right of a "comedian" to make personal homophobic attacks on audience members ?
Court upholds decision to fine Guy Earle $15K for insulting Lorna Pardy | National Post
Old 11-08-2013, 11:15 AM   #25 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Ah! There you go.

Yes, when someone heckles, I believe you may say anything you want about them "personally" without getting sued.

But I'm a libertarian.
BrianAlt likes this.
Old 11-08-2013, 11:25 AM   #26 (permalink)

And as a libertarian you don't regard the cases i mentioned before, Lenny Bruce, Dan Rather, Ellen Degeneres, Bill Maher, that Jackson woman etc as troubling or as a sign that the US isn't quite as accepting of free speech as everybody likes to claim?
Old 11-08-2013, 11:37 AM   #27 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Lenny Bruce is the only case you have, and you know I said "now."

I said it for someone like you.
Old 11-08-2013, 11:51 AM   #28 (permalink)

There is a difference between comedic responses to a heckler and hate speech. As I think the guy who used to be Kramer demonstrated.
I'd also point out that the comedian was not arrested or charged with anything. The case was taken to a human rights tribunal which assessed him as liable for damages. The law suit that followed was him appealing the tribunals decision.
That is not prosecuting a comedian for what they say.

Last edited by adrian; 11-08-2013 at 11:56 AM.
Old 11-08-2013, 11:56 AM   #29 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

And his wasn't hate speech either. He was a flustered comedian.

You're being goofy.

We're talking about being arrested. I think being taken to court, and being sued, and losing is close to what the guest was saying. I don't think the public being offended by Kramer is close to being arrested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian View Post
That is not prosecuting a comedian for what they say.
That's exactly what it is.

Good day.

Last edited by Keith; 11-08-2013 at 11:59 AM.
Old 11-08-2013, 11:59 AM   #30 (permalink)

My apologies. I have just edited my previous post to include the fact that this was not a criminal prosecution for what was said. I think it is stated in the original article though.