Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Should the cupcake shop have given Alex free tap water?
Yes. 39 38.61%
Huh? 62 61.39%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree43Likes

Old 11-11-2013, 10:37 AM   #51 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEdelman View Post
you should probably blame your parents and teachers for that and also probably find the time to read more.
"Blame your parents." This mind set, coming from someone like yourself, explains so much on your personal view of entitlement. Of course you deserve a glass of water. You deserve everything that your parents, er, I mean, society owes you.

Patrice was brilliant because like so many great comedians he had the narcissism to say "I am great." He was self involved and thought the world of himself. Now, he did have the ideas and talent to back it up. This is important.

Sometimes in the world of comedy, you may get a person who is flawed. A guy who is clearly self centered and narcissistic, but so self involved; they don't realize they lack talent. These are usually people whose logic involves the following.

"Hey, the majority of well-known comics are of Jewish descent. I'm Jewish! Perhaps I'm funny by default and have to make no effort!" Also, "Hey I have an ailment like ADD. This excuses me from listening to others and besides, who cares what others have to say anyhow?"

Alex, you were so kind to remind me to read. I assume then that you are literate, but clearly have been reading all the wrong books.

Here is a suggestion for you, (and I do hope you pay attention because this could change your life.) I recommend you pick up a copy of 'How to Win Friends and Influence People' It's by Dale Carnegie. Clearly, you are not familiar with it, nor it's content.

Enjoy!
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 11:02 AM   #52 (permalink)

Quote:
Also, I feel like I should kind of hasten to point out that I don't think Patrice was really racist. I don't even think he was sexist...I just think he enjoyed playing the devil's advocate
This is such a white response. 'Devil's Advocate.' "He really was a sweet and gentle guy. He just said crazy things, but really he's one of us - thinks like us."

Such horse shit. He felt men and women were and are: truly different.

Was he sexist? Absolutely. Was he racist? He hated white people! Now, are his views not valid? Is it possible that some things exist, (like racism and sexism) and the connotation of 'right & wrong' have no real bearing on their definitions? Meaning his logic simply was. It didn't try to stop and think, 'Is this right? Am I wrong for looking at sexism this way?

Patrice was ultimately an alpha male. A ghetto black guy. His truth was unique because no one has ever heard that particular black American male experience before. We won't ever again because his level of communication, (an incredible thing that his critics often overlooked) was so high level. It was flawless in that you knew exactly what he meant - in the least amount of words.

Great writers like Hemmingway were known for this as well. It's referred to as 'word economy.' Patrice's word economy was...amazing. His view on sex and race equally so.
Old 11-11-2013, 07:12 PM   #53 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLDPPL View Post
Great writers like Hemmingway were known for this as well.
Hemingway.
Old 11-11-2013, 07:24 PM   #54 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kultcher View Post
I agree with whoever said he had a very J-FOD like energy. Exhausting but hilarious.
Guests like Jfod and Alex are the best. Sure Keith and Chemda need a nap afterwards but it's damn good radio for us.
Old 11-11-2013, 07:27 PM   #55 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLDPPL View Post
holy yadda yadda yadda
Short concise sentences are best. Nobody is going to read your rants.
Old 11-11-2013, 08:53 PM   #56 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I got the impression that Alex had the ability to be a funny comedian; however, his complete lack of respect for the fact that he was on a fucking talk show was just too much for me. I have ADHD and there are behavioral things that you can do to deal with it; and I have a feeling that he has had this since he was a child (I've had it since I was 4. I work in a place that requires me to make my own schedule and be organized and I do fine with it.) He knew that it wasn't ok to look through a freaking paper towel roll while Chemda was talking. And the fact that he kept interrupting...it was like he thought it was the Alex show and the attention always had to be on him.

Again he seems like he has potential, but his complete lack of respect for what Keith and Chemda do was just beyond.

And of course the cup cake shop did not have to give him a cup of water. Bring a fucking bottle of water like other joggers do idiot.
Old 11-11-2013, 08:55 PM   #57 (permalink)

Quote:
Hemingway.
I'm glad you agree.
Old 11-11-2013, 10:46 PM   #58 (permalink)

Quote:
Hemingway.
Phew, that was fucking lucky you caught that.
BrianAlt likes this.