Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Should the name Washington Redskins be changed due to its offensive connotation?
Yes 55 65.48%
No 29 34.52%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree30Likes

Old 11-12-2013, 04:38 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of the Cock Rings View Post
What about THAT tradition?
They should have spent less time on their traditions, and more time inventing gunpowder and machine guns.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 05:03 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scumhook View Post
It's history, so who gives a fuck.
srly? blah blah blah doomed to repeat it.

Quote:

And before you say that as a white man, I'm better off than my red or black skinned peers; I say if they're not doing well, then it's their own fucking fault. Yes, predjudice exists and life's not fair, but if someone's willing to fucking work at their shit, then a lot of shit is possible.
denying your white privilege doesn't negate it's existence or that you and i both benefit from it. there are absolutely institutional and systemic reasons why white people have an easier time "working at their shit" and having "lots of shit possible."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sashi View Post
Doesn't seem any worse than what was done to Africans, Asians, etc. My point was more that the people who did do those things are long dead, though. I didn't do it. You didn't do it. Some shitheads from Europe did it.
not making comparisons; human suffering isn't the place for a pissing contest. we could be at that all day. that it's common is no reason to dismiss it. what remains is a truth that there are things that do not die with our flesh.
WittyReference likes this.

Last edited by Sparrow; 11-12-2013 at 05:07 PM.
Old 11-12-2013, 05:14 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
srly? blah blah blah doomed to repeat it.
I wouldn't mind my history of white world domination being repeated.

Maybe that's why I don't care.

Quote:
denying your white privilege doesn't negate it's existence or that you and i both benefit from it. there are absolutely institutional and systemic reasons why white people have an easier time "working at their shit" and having "lots of shit possible."
I didn't say they'd have it as easy as me, just that it's possible.

Quote:
what remains is a truth that there are things that do not die with our flesh.
The atheists here would disagree. Nothing survives death.

And these civilisations which have been semi-absorbed by whitey are all pretty much shite. I don't see many "African"-Americans wanting to move back to the motherland. And the Indians can live on their private countries as long as they can prove their racial purity.

Speaking of racial purity, there was another guy in relatively recent history who was big on that... Damn, his name's on the tip of my tongue...
flerchin likes this.
Old 11-12-2013, 05:21 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
The atheists here would disagree. Nothing survives death.
you don't get out of this life without making ripples, friend. we do not exist in a vacuum. blah blah blah something else high minded butterfly effect.
WittyReference and Scumhook like this.
Old 11-12-2013, 05:21 PM   #25 (permalink)

On an unrelated note, here's a Jewish Furby (a Jewby).

Old 11-12-2013, 05:34 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by seamus View Post
As nice as it sounds for words to be just words, that's not how it works. Of course words carry meaning, they are the primary form of communication, you are communicating meaning through words.
Thank you for pointing out that words have meaning.

I'm saying that we can choose to not generate offense about what someone else said. If someone says "nigger" or "kike" or "wombat fucker", we are in control of what meaning we assign to it, and we can choose to make it as bad or good as we want.

Quote:
I'm not going to call a team "Australian Convicts" because I'm not a jerk, regardless if you take offense to it. What am I trying to do with that name? I'm just trying to insult you in a cheap manner. Why is it OK to be a jerk? Jerks don't always hurt people's feelings, but we know they are jerks all the same. It is so crazy to say let's not be jerks, we should strive to be good intelligent and compassionate people.
Sports teams are generally named aggressive, warlike names. That's why it's the "Chicago Bulls" not the "Chicago Veal Cutlets".

If a team wanted to channel the harsh, rugged spirit of the Convicts who carved out a civlilisation (to use the word very loosely) from this unforgiving country, then calling themselves "The Convicts" would be appropriate.

Quote:
It didn't happen a million years ago, it started 500 years ago and was going on until pretty damn recently. It is not ten societies ago, it this society that did that shit. It is not past countries, the U.S. is the same country that did terrible things to the American Indians.
I think the Indians are doing just fine.
Old 11-12-2013, 06:15 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
words have power. if you don't know that as an adult, i can't really help you. we atrocitied the living fuck out of these native people. we straight up stole their land and laid a hefty genocide on 'em to do it.

problems today? those starving, homeless, and abused people are often Native Americans. the suckholes we decided they could live are rife with alcoholism, meth abuse, and poverty. not sure where you got the idea they were all living high on the hog off our tax dollars, but that is not the case. considering all the daily subsidies, money, equipment, and weapons we hand over in the middle east to known terrorists, i think we /could/ do more throwing a few bones to the people whom we gave small pox blankets.

i think 'special treatment' is warranted here. if we were better people we'd do more. for christ's sake we've had a holocaust museum for 20 years, but it has taken until the Obama administration to even give a terse apology to the Native Americans. shit, we officially apologized to the japanese when we interned them as soon as we let 'em out.

it's not just a name. it's our really, really not giving a single fuck. it's gross. the farther we get from it, the more current bullshitteries take precedent, it's a human condition, but we've owed better more respectful treatment it to these people for hundreds of years. now's a good a time as any. history doesn't stop being real because more of it happened.
Fer christ sake, I don't give a shit how old he is, that guy is not an adult. Don't let him ruffle ya.

As far as the skins go, change it. It's just fuckin rude. The fact that it's even a debate should tell ya it's wrong. Teams change cities and names all the time.
Old 11-12-2013, 06:35 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by powderjester View Post
Fer christ sake, I don't give a shit how old he is, that guy is not an adult. Don't let him ruffle ya.

As far as the skins go, change it. It's just fuckin rude. The fact that it's even a debate should tell ya it's wrong. Teams change cities and names all the time.
I see you're from Montana, so I shall sing you the song of your people

Old 11-12-2013, 08:21 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
White Sox, 49ers, Capitals, Browns, Saints, Cardinals, Orioles, Blue Jays, Steelers, Islanders, Senators, United, Maple Leafs, Blues, Ducks, Mets, Cubs, Brewers, Packers, Dolphines, etc, etc.
I said "generally" you potato farming pedant.

also:
49ers - clearly a weird sexual position, so very aggressive
Steelers - what's tougher than steel?
Maple Leafs - Canadian, so doesn't count. their entire country is soft and girly.
Browns - code for "niggers"
Brewers - I'd say Brewers are a pretty tough lot, and beer is very manly
Packers - jokes about Fudge Packers aside, blokes who pack/load stuff are tough
Dolphins - can be very nasty if they hit you with their pointy noses
Old 11-12-2013, 10:38 PM   #30 (permalink)

Ari Shaffir on Race

My favorite part is when he gets the shit slapped out of him.