Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Who is more in the right?
Keith Malley 49 79.03%
Leens AgainstHumanity 13 20.97%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree40Likes

Old 11-21-2013, 01:36 PM   #41 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirteen View Post
Just because someone voices their opinion at a later date, doesn't mean they weren't offended by multiple or other things before. I'm not talking about this particular case. I mean in general.
But this is the particular case we're talking about (in which case she has never been offended to this degree before).
(Online)   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 01:49 PM   #42 (permalink)
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
But this is the particular case we're talking about (in which case she has never been offended to this degree before).
Sure, but with others, you don't know if they've never been offended before. To me, calling or writing in doesn't necessarily mean they're "more" offended. It could be a culmination of opinions over years that makes them want to pick on something eventually. It's kind of like the "long time listener, first time caller" thing. Some people ARE irrationally offended or passionate about a topic for the first time and they want to call or write in, but others are just looking for something to do. Anyway, I get that it's a general statement and doesn't apply to every single person.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 02:04 PM   #43 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirteen View Post
Sure, but with others, you don't know if they've never been offended before.
Okay.
(Online)   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 04:38 PM   #44 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

In Leen's defense, she probably listens to the show the way she watches football and didn't notice all those other things she should have been offended by before because she was busy making sure everyone was paying attention to her.
Keith, Bucho, blu and 3 others like this.
Old 11-21-2013, 06:06 PM   #45 (permalink)

On a day where Keith listed things he's done that could offend, it reminded me that recently on some show they were talking about the Vatican surveying public opinion on different topics, not so they could change their policies, just so they knew what people thought. It ended with one of the commentators saying something almost identical to Keith's 'your a bad catholic if you don't follow the bible literally' philosophy. I thought wow, Keith would have loved to have seen that.

Vatican surveys Church on family issues, including gay marriage, ahead of synod meeting of bishops - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)
Old 11-21-2013, 07:00 PM   #46 (permalink)
38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
Same point, but you're mixing up two separate people. Each show was about a separate person.

Yeah! This shit is next level!

But you get the gist, and you're not wrong.

#Men
Hey!
Old 11-22-2013, 02:24 AM   #47 (permalink)

A few years ago, Keith said that the world should bomb the whole Middle East and make a soap hockey rink out of the remains. That was a couple of days after he'd met me and other Israeli fans, not to mention his then girlfriend's parents. We weren't offended.
Scumhook likes this.
Old 11-22-2013, 12:41 PM   #48 (permalink)

I 100% agree with Keith. I hate that those girls give the rest of us girl fans bad rep's. Because of them guys constantly question my interest in the sport.
Keith and moondust367 like this.
Old 11-26-2013, 09:32 AM   #49 (permalink)

Cinnamon gum

It has taken me a while to mention this, yet with all the work I've been doing lately this is the first time I've been able to log in to make a comment.

But from what I understand having heard the show, Paul Hooper feels that no one should chew cinnamon gum, because when he chews it he gets a headache.

I go into anaphylactic shock when I have sea food. I don't insist others don't eat it, I just don't eat it.

Seems a bit extreme to force others to change their habits to suit his.

That's like saying that no one can eat beef, because it offends Hindus or Pork because it offends Jews or Muslims.
Old 11-26-2013, 03:49 PM   #50 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Well, I'm assuming it's the smell that bothers him and that smell is one that gets everywhere. I don't think he cares if someone chews on a cinnamon stick in their own homes.
Keith likes this.