Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/)
-   Show Talk (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/)
-   -   1881: The New American Dream (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/1881-new-american-dream-18195/)

Keith 11-21-2013 05:30 PM

1881: The New American Dream

with Ophira Eisenberg

www.twitter.com/OphiraE

Share this episode: The New American Dream (Keith and The Girl) - Comedy Talk Show & Podcast

Subscribe for free: Keith and The Girl podcast on your iPhone, iPad and iPod with iTunes

BrianAlt 11-21-2013 08:10 PM

I'm on level 409 of that ridiculous game and I've never paid a dime. However, they do make it way too easy to spend money and they make you feel like you need to. But you do not need to. Some of the levels are ridiculously difficult. So it seems like the only way to get past is to buy power ups. But you don't need to.

invader 11-21-2013 10:03 PM

Chemda is 100% right. Candy Crush is a free to play game which is an actual genre of games. Whenever you see a game that is free, you can assume there are in game purchases. Keith is just unfamiliar with the genre which is why he feels like its a scam. Its understandable why he would make this assumption... but it is what it is.

It's not to trick kids, its not a scam. Candy crush has grosses over 8 million dollars daily, how much of that do you actually think is kids just pressing the buy button? It's just a free to play game.

Sashi 11-21-2013 10:38 PM

Just 'cause there are a lot of freemium games, doesn't make it any less of a scam. It's like saying pyramid schemes are ethical. They're not.

Super Mario 11-21-2013 10:47 PM

Lvl 450 fu candy crush I havnt paid for shit haha

Scumhook 11-21-2013 10:50 PM

Men playing candy crush is even more disingenuous than women watching football.

invader 11-21-2013 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sashi (Post 788628)
Just 'cause there are a lot of freemium games, doesn't make it any less of a scam. It's like saying pyramid schemes are ethical. They're not.

With Candy Crush you can continue to play for free, paying only makes the game easier. If a game intentionally upped the difficulty, or slowed the pace of the game so that you felt you have to pay to continue, or if the game purposely gated parts of the game off behind a pay-wall, it could be seen as grimy... but not a scam. Since you aren't beholden to actually pay. Not paying for a free to play game isn't going to ruin your credit, or overdraw your bank account unexpectedly. You played a game for a few hours, enjoyed yourself and then decided that the game, although fun, wasn't worth spending your money on. Simple as that.

Scumhook 11-22-2013 04:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oie (Post 788701)
If Chemda was being bitchy, Keith was the biggest bitch of all. His screaming was very bitchy. Especially to my ears.

Fuck off cunt.

BrianAlt 11-22-2013 04:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scumhook (Post 788635)
Men playing candy crush is even more disingenuous than women watching football.

Perhaps. But it's what I do during my commute. And listen to podcasts, of course.

Scumhook 11-22-2013 05:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrianAlt (Post 788706)
Perhaps. But it's what I do during my commute. And listen to podcasts, of course.

You are being disingeinuious.

Fuck.

I still don't know what it means, and now I can't fucking spell it.