Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Was Chemda showing the attributes related to that of a bitch?
Yes 43 32.09%
No 91 67.91%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree59Likes

Old 11-23-2013, 11:52 AM   #51 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larion View Post
Point Chemda. I think it was MJG who made the point of saying this show does the same thing. For free you get the last 10 shows, very reasonable. For an additional fee you get every single episode ever made and spin off shows, very reasonable. It is the EXACT same principle. Give em a little for free and if that's good enough for you fine, we still make some scratch from advertisers based on popularity OR we can get a lot more if you come directly to us for the premium stuff and you get a lot more as well, win-win.
Not trying to speak for Keith, but I think his larger point was that they are being shady about the way they go about it. They are tricking naive people who weren't expecting to pay anything for something labeled as a "free" game.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 11:58 AM   #52 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianAlt View Post
It has 500 levels. I'm sure they'll add more soon.
they have to keep feeding the habit. You know there are tons of people waiting for an update.

I'll admit that I played for awhile and it was cutting into productive time. I had some software problems on my phone and had to wipe everything, losing all the progress in all my games. I went out of my way to avoid starting the game again because I knew I would stay on it until I caught back up were I was. Ain't nobody got time for that.
Old 11-23-2013, 07:40 PM   #53 (permalink)

I don't play games cause I can't stop playing them. The games are shady to start with! They are too addictive. Compare them to heroin. Why not? And Ophira is a spunk!
Old 11-23-2013, 08:01 PM   #54 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadDecisionDino View Post
You would not be able to pull this shit with a normal game like say, Assassin's Creed or Halo. People just wouldn't be compelled to keep paying for new levels.
If you haven't noticed, different games have different forms of marketing.

Games like Assassin's Creed have trailers that get people excited about buying it, games like Halo have *playable* demos that get people wanting to play the full version, and every single game on Facebook, Pogo, Zynga, etc have micro-transactions that give you the OPTION of pay-to-play.

Quote:
Creating a game with the express purpose of being addictive so that you can milk money out of people goes beyond "good business and marketing", and requires a level of predatory intent.
Apparently you don't understand business. Every single game, and moreover every single product you will ever buy has marketing based on trying to "addict" you. Bounty is the "quicker picker-upper", Frosted Flakes "arrrrre great", and Taco Bell is "The 4th Meal". They are all marketing geniuses. Get over your obsession about certain games are are addicting - we're all slaves to marketing, advertising, and marketing.
chickensandwich likes this.
Old 11-23-2013, 08:11 PM   #55 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cart Horse View Post
I don't play games cause I can't stop playing them.
i don't play games because i suck at them. bingo is my speed.

marketing companies spend beaucoup dollars on psychologist and sociologist consulting to best get into our brainholes and make us do what they're aiming for us to do be it eat tacos or nickel and dime ourselves.

it's like you guys haven't seen mad men.
Old 11-23-2013, 08:16 PM   #56 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sashi View Post
It's not at all the same unless Keith and Chemda provide heroin to first time listeners.
Comparing things like that to illegal drugs is completely ridiculous. MJG made a fair point. Give people an example and if you want more, it's up to you whether or not to pay for more.

Quote:
EDIT: Do you guys think it's ethical to try to get someone really drunk at a bar?
Stop being silly. If that were the case don't you think alcohol would be illegal by now?

Ice cream is legal. Coffee is legal. Diet Coke is legal. Hell, cigarettes are legal. Anything in excess, including games, can be potentially be bad for you.

Last edited by DJQuad; 11-23-2013 at 08:23 PM.
Old 11-23-2013, 08:20 PM   #57 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
i don't play games because i suck at them. bingo is my speed.
Bingo addicted my grandma. Those bingo bastards are addicting. It should be outlawed!
Old 11-23-2013, 08:32 PM   #58 (permalink)

bingo is polite gambling. i fugging LOVE it. will hit the festhalle with the blue hairs in the summer. i have one of those predatory bingo apps on my phone. not spent a cent. ever. don't feel the need to play it every day. then again, i'm a person who quit meth cold turkey; addiction's not my strong suit.
Old 11-23-2013, 08:40 PM   #59 (permalink)

I really wish these cunt whores would speak their mind on this show. I couldn't tell if they liked that dead psychic or not.

Ophira was a fucking great guest. I think my IQ osmotically went up a few points just from listening to her.
Old 11-23-2013, 08:50 PM   #60 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cart Horse View Post
Ophira is a spunk!
How rude.