Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Should Chemda be the one to give her daughter her first sex toy?
Yes. 12 15.79%
No; Aunt Emmy should be the one. 29 38.16%
Huh? Chemda should stay out of it! 35 46.05%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree71Likes

Old 12-12-2013, 11:38 PM   #61 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

I don't mean that type of relationship; I mean specifically her.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 12:25 AM   #62 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
I'm a little confused by Sparrow and the great relationship with her father also.
I assumed Sparrow was like me in that she raised herself. I didn't have parents. Almost 100% of what I learned was either on the street or in a book or in a movie or knowledge gleaned from a friend's story.

My daughter goes to public schools. They're shitholes filled with kids that are unloved, uncared for, and essentially thrown away.

I don't give a fuck if I over parent my kid. Let her have some 'intimacy issues' I'd rather her pay a shrink w/ her high paying successful job that she got from her dad pushing too much than end up a single mother, with no education, and a minimum wage job.

Sparrow is really smart. I don't think my daughter would end up like her if I took the same approach her father did with her. I don't know. I could be totally wrong. I just know that everyone likes my daughter. They like her cuz she's about as well-adjusted as an 11 yr old can be in 2013.
Old 12-13-2013, 12:29 AM   #63 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by seamus View Post
To be fair, your dad doesn't sound real, not that I doubt you are being truthful, he is just that weird.
Lol. Keith's dad doesn't sound like an exact stereotype of an Irish Catholic Priest??
Old 12-13-2013, 12:34 AM   #64 (permalink)

We're not issue free; he missed a good deal of my growing up providing me with food and shelter with a second shift job. We've made peace since. Still ends up missing my shows a lot of the time, but he tries. He had rented a tux for my last Speakeasy, but things are as they are sometimes. The worst of any fall out is my penchant for distance when it comes to the people I love. Why do you think you KATGers are so appealing; it's intense and out of my hair.

Last edited by Sparrow; 12-13-2013 at 12:37 AM.
Old 12-13-2013, 01:06 AM   #65 (permalink)

Quote:
It would be pretty amusing if Keith's dad was the stereotype of an Irish Catholic Priest as they aren't Irish.
Yeah, that'd be fucking hilarious
Old 12-13-2013, 02:24 AM   #66 (permalink)

Quote:
It would be pretty amusing if Keith's dad was the stereotype of an Irish Catholic Priest as they aren't Irish.
Excuse me. Irish American
Old 12-13-2013, 09:51 AM   #67 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Kids can find whatever they want to know about using the internet these days. That goes for everything from nude pictures to contraception. If you would prefer the info came from you instead of Wikipedia, have the damn talk. And don't bullshit them - they'll either know and lose respect for you, or grow up socially retarded.
Old 12-13-2013, 12:58 PM   #68 (permalink)

Agreed, Pyro but I'm curious...do you have kid(s) ?
Old 12-13-2013, 07:04 PM   #69 (permalink)

ok.
Old 12-14-2013, 02:37 AM   #70 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Enunciated Piffle I know exactly what you are talking about raising a child is the hardest thing I have ever done and you don't know what you are going to do till you are a parent. Lots of things I said I would never do or would never let my child do have gone right out the window.

On sex I have a 13 year old son. I am a single mom. I went by the rule that if they are old enough to ask tell them the truth. His first question was his cousins had come out of their mom's stomach is that how he was born. Well no he was not a C-section baby. When I told him how he was born at the age of 5 his response was "but I didn't want to come out of your vagina." He was fine with it moments later when I explain that is how babies are suppose to be born.

Since then I have been very clear about sex. Adding a little more as he got older. The summer he was getting ready to start 7th grade is where I really laid it all out there. Even if a girl tells you she is on the pill still wear a condom because guess what she was on the pill with the last guy she had sex with and getting her pregnant is not your only worry. I asked him how he would feel having to tell every girlfriend he had that he has HIV or herpes. I have also told him some girls lie and they want to get pregnant. I do have to say the hardest thing to talk about was masturbation. I don't know why but it was a very brief masturbation is ok, it's normal, everybody does it. I also told him it is ok to be gay. He told me he is not gay. I said that is fine but you need to be accepting of other people who are.

Enunciated Piffle the biggest difference in us is I have told my son I am his number 1 supporter. I am here no matter what problem he has. I might be mad at first but I would rather him come to me and we will work through it together. I used pregnancy as an example. I told him how young kids are afraid to tell their parents and kill their babies and end up in jail. I used other examples but you talked of disowning your daughter if she became pregnant. I would rather my son know that I love him no matter what mistakes he makes because my love does not come with if you fuck up it is no longer there.
HeyAnne, Sparrow and ImStillToni like this.