Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: KATG Storytellers
I'm a fan. I'd like it to keep going. 94 57.67%
Boo! End that shit now. 69 42.33%
Voters: 163. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree68Likes

Old 12-13-2013, 12:44 AM   #11 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

I don't mind the story telling thing, but if I had to pick between the regular show format and this one, I'd choose the regular format in a heartbeat. It doesn't feel as personal without Keith and Chemda helping it along.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 07:01 AM   #12 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I think this is a nice way to still have interesting shows when maybe Keith and Chemda have a lot on their plate. Holidays, podfest, everything coming up... it's better than having no shows at all, and it's neat to hear a whole story from someone without them getting interrupted and losing their train of thought of going off on a tangent and never really getting to the point.
Old 12-13-2013, 08:31 AM   #13 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I like them. They are kind of like TED talks but they're KEITH talks...no that's not right...they're KATG talks!

I like how they give more content for Keith and Chemda to discuss one on one on the main show.

For those worrying that it cuts into the amount of free shows featuring K and C ... get a VIP!!
JSZilla and Enunciated Piffle like this.

Last edited by Dean from Australia; 12-13-2013 at 08:36 AM.
Old 12-13-2013, 10:36 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean from Australia View Post
I like them. They are kind of like TED talks but they're KEITH talks...no that's not right...they're KATG talks!

I like how they give more content for Keith and Chemda to discuss one on one on the main show.

For those worrying that it cuts into the amount of free shows featuring K and C ... get a VIP!!
Jesus Fuck!!! Keith could do "KEET Talks"! $$$$$$
Old 12-13-2013, 10:51 AM   #15 (permalink)

I'm now 50/50 on these stories. Really enjoyed Ophera and Cyndi's stories but wasn't a huge fan of Adam or Jeff's. I voted to keep 'em going however because when they're good, they're really entertaining. If the story is bland, like Keith said, it's only 10 minutes of my time and the post story discussion afterward makes up for it.
Scumhook and Tomrl94 like this.
Old 12-13-2013, 10:56 AM   #16 (permalink)

I like storytellers but I think it would work best as a seperate feed. If you hit play on a Keith and the Girl podcast episode your expectation is a comedy/interview show and for some getting a This American Life-ish podcast is a little jarring. If storytellers was a seperate feed you'd know what you were getting into and would be less critical.
Old 12-13-2013, 01:04 PM   #17 (permalink)
38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Boo, I'm not digging it. I get it, Keith and Chemda had great intentions, it's different and maybe I'm reacting poorly to change but I'm just fast forwarding through the stories now. Ophira is great and I listened to hers because I like her but I'm so far off in (the good, gay marriage and all) Europe and I don't follow storytelling in general, that I don't recognize their names, don't care, fast forward.

Sorry... It sounds off-putting, can't really pinpoint anything other than my personal preference...
Ivan and WittyReference like this.
Old 12-13-2013, 01:05 PM   #18 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

It's interesting to see all the old school KatG fans, (many of which I've never seen post on the forums) come weigh in on this story format business.

Maybe Keith and Chemda should change the show every week. You know, rile up some of the older fans. Make sure they still have a pulse and whatnot
Keith and Thumbnail like this.
Old 12-13-2013, 01:15 PM   #19 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

I don't hate it but at the same time the voting options don't really give much leeway. I voted to end that shit now. Separate spin off as a compliment to the standard KATG show is how I'd like to see it continue.
JackieO and Tomrl94 like this.
Old 12-13-2013, 01:49 PM   #20 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

I cheat on you guys with podcasts like The Moth, Risk! and some others that are generally about storytelling so I'm actually enjoying these. I also enjoy how you two discuss it after.
VividRave likes this.