Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/)
-   Show Talk (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/)
-   -   1898: Pithy Party (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/1898-pithy-party-18256/)

Keith 12-20-2013 05:24 PM

1898: Pithy Party

The Great American Novel and What Do We Do Now? - Comedy Talk Show & Podcast

Share this episode: Pithy Party (Keith and The Girl) - Comedy Talk Show & Podcast

Subscribe for free: Keith and The Girl podcast on your iPhone, iPad and iPod with iTunes

WSEIII 12-20-2013 08:01 PM

Baseball is only exciting, no matter who's playing, after the batter hits the ball. Then you have the batter running to get to first base, somebody from the outfield trying to catch the ball and barring that trowing the ball to one of the base men.

I play alto saxophone in our community/college band. Concerts are not exciting. If I had a girlfriend I would expect her to go at least part of the time because she's into me.

Keith 12-20-2013 09:35 PM

And one day you may, my friend. One day you may...

Keith 12-20-2013 11:17 PM

I love pro football, but college football bores me.

Am I ageist?

Rugby bores me.

Am I xenophobic?

Enunciated Piffle 12-20-2013 11:26 PM

Sherri's Berries Contest

Pat Dixon

Ben Lerman

Dan Soder

Lenny Marcus

Joanna Ross

Dan St. Germain

REV JEN !!!!

Mike Lawrence

Lauren

FaceBoy

Gaby Dunn

Carmen Lynch

Myq Kaplan

...I like KatG 'name that guest' games! You guys should have a phrase or something fun that each guest says at end of interview that you record and compile for another contest. Love the Book.

I feel like you guys snuck a 'Storyteller' ep in. Congrats, assholes. A+ :D

Kat 12-21-2013 02:38 AM

Awright.... What would it cost me to get Peyton Clarkson to read the whole book? Yum!

Alekseyev 12-21-2013 04:52 AM

I feel awkward voting yes on this poll because having listened for as long as I have been I think it can be conclusively argued that Keith is not sexist. However Chemda is right that if you like a sport only when one sex is playing it, with no other distinctions, that is pretty hard to not call out. I would have rather the question be "Who is more right?" than "Is Keith sexist" but this is science and I got the gist.

In the specific case of this guy: suck it up and support your partner's hobby when she asks. Be bored for 2 hours to make this person you supposedly love happy.

Prick.

Tomrl94 12-21-2013 11:09 AM

I have become accustomed to certain level of skill and athleticism in the sports I watch. While woman at the pinnacle of their sport have all the skill, generally speaking they lack the athleticism compared to the male at the pinnacle of the same sport. This athleticism adds a level of excitement for me that the woman's game doesn't muster. Basketball for example, if you're asking me to choose between the game with people who soar through the air, dunking, blocking, etc. and the one without people making those plays. I'm going to choose the one with those plays being made.

Sashi 12-21-2013 02:22 PM

Here's the thing. Keith and Chemda don't say much when the guest is religious, but when they're agnostic, it's a totally different story. Every time someone says that they're agnostic on the show, I think "Oh boy, here we go."

Also, Keith reading Cat wrote was the funniest thing.

Keith 12-21-2013 02:47 PM

Cat's so sweet, isn't she?

I think agnosticism bothers me because agnostics, in my experience, always lean more towards atheism. They just don't want to commit. It certainly was that way in my case, and it seems to be that way with people around me.

If you're full-on religious, you're so silly to me that there's no point to discuss it. However, the vast majority of times I'm told by someone that they're agnostic, there's something going on with their eyes that makes me say, "Who we bullshittin'?"