Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: You heard the sports talk. Is Keith sexist?
Yes. Chemda's right about Keith. 37 35.24%
No. Keith is fine. 68 64.76%
Voters: 105. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree64Likes

Old 12-21-2013, 04:38 PM   #11 (permalink)

But what do you call yourself when you're spiritual and believe in some sort of creator, but don't subscribe to the ridiculous dogma attached to most of the faiths? That's got to be agnostic, right?

I'm talking about myself here, of course. I argue with my faith constantly, but every fibre of my being leads me back to my beliefs as strongly as an atheists does theirs.
Scumhook likes this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 04:49 PM   #12 (permalink)

Nope.

Edit: if you're going to make me choose, I'd pick a Christian denomination over being atheist.

Last edited by Freil; 12-21-2013 at 04:54 PM.
Old 12-21-2013, 05:21 PM   #13 (permalink)
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Agnostics feel like one of these might be real, but can't put their finger on it: Santa, the tooth fairy, the "creator," or leprechauns.

Atheists are like," Come on man, they're all horseshit. Your feelings have nothing to do with it."
Lanfear likes this.
Old 12-21-2013, 05:25 PM   #14 (permalink)

I'm neither of those then. I'll call myself Christian without a denomination...and with caveats about Old Testament bullshit.
Old 12-21-2013, 05:27 PM   #15 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

I hear ya. I'm a KKK member but with none of that race-hating bullshit.
Old 12-21-2013, 05:27 PM   #16 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freil View Post
But what do you call yourself when you're spiritual and believe in some sort of creator, but don't subscribe to the ridiculous dogma attached to most of the faiths? That's got to be agnostic, right?

I'm talking about myself here, of course. I argue with my faith constantly, but every fibre of my being leads me back to my beliefs as strongly as an atheists does theirs.
If you believe there is a creator then you are a theist - could be the Cthulhu or the great flying spaghetti monster or the more common religions figures doesn't matter. Believe is believe. Agnostic is if you are not sure that there is something.
flerchin likes this.
Old 12-21-2013, 05:37 PM   #17 (permalink)
Chamsa! Chamsa!

How is the old testament true but not the new one?

You think they wrote biographies about God incorrectly before that time? Did he speak louder or to a better writer this time?

When I ask agnostic people what they believe in, their answer is usually something about them being too scared to say there is no god. Then when I ask what they think god is, usually they DON'T believe in the all-knowing "person". They usually describe connections to other humans, a sense of powerlessness over their life's outcome, coincidences, a fear of doing the wrong thing, and other things people like to associate with god but can really boil down to: empathy, nature, humanity, and/or general fear that is caused by either a religious-based upbringing, guilt, or a need for more control.
Old 12-21-2013, 05:44 PM   #18 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alekseyev View Post
I feel awkward voting yes on this poll because having listened for as long as I have been I think it can be conclusively argued that Keith is not sexist.
Is it possible for a man, who is clearly NOT sexist, to say sexist things? Do smart people sometimes say dumb shit? I believe so.

This is a poorly worded poll.
frog and flerchin like this.
Old 12-21-2013, 05:50 PM   #19 (permalink)
Chamsa! Chamsa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enunciated Piffle View Post
Is it possible for a man, who is clearly NOT sexist, to say sexist things? Do smart people sometimes say dumb shit? I believe so.

This is a poorly worded poll.

The poll says: You heard the sports talk. Is Keith sexist?

The first sentence of this poll represents the matter that you're basing your answer on. We did not say: In general, is Keith sexist?

I hope that clears things up. Hate for Keith's beakers to blow up.
Keith, flerchin, BrianAlt and 4 others like this.
Old 12-21-2013, 05:56 PM   #20 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

That's more a case of people misunderstanding agnosticism, I think. It's not that agnostics believe or don't believe in God. Real agnosticism is just believing it's impossible to know 100% with no room at all for doubt that there is or isn't a god. 'Cause it's pretty much impossible to completely disprove something, but easy to completely prove something. To prove the yeti exists, he just has to appear somewhere and show himself. To prove yeti doesn't exist... Well, you can't. People can always say stuff like, "Well, he's invisible right now!" And people who want to disprove it are just stuck 'cause that's retarded and there's no way to argue back against that shit.

Someone can not believe in God at all and be agnostic. Someone can really believe in God and be agnostic. It's not a middle between theism and atheism. When someone answers the question, "How do you feel about God?" with, "I'm agnostic," it's basically answering the question, "What's your favorite color?" with, "I like breathing."

It's just a retarded label. When someone calls themselves agnostic, they're just saying, "Hey, I'm a shithead who needs to label myself." It's saying, "Oh, you go hiking on the weekends? I sleep on the weekends."

So I think you guys are right about shitting on people who call themselves agnostics, but I don't think it's for the right reasons.