Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: You heard the sports talk. Is Keith sexist?
Yes. Chemda's right about Keith. 37 35.24%
No. Keith is fine. 68 64.76%
Voters: 105. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree64Likes

Old 12-21-2013, 06:13 PM   #21 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Girl View Post

I hope that clears things up. Hate for Keith's beakers to blow up.
Agreed.

Can I ask just one question though? How many people who voted yes on this poll watch Women's Basketball?
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 06:18 PM   #22 (permalink)

I don't think Keeth is sexist. Women's sports are more boring than Men's sports, and less boring than children's sports.

It's just a fact. Women are not as good as men at sports.

Women are better at other things.

Like, er... Shit, I know there are some things....

Gimme a sec...

OK, got one - menstruation. Women are definitely better at menstruation than men are.
Keith likes this.
Old 12-21-2013, 06:24 PM   #23 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scumhook View Post
OK, got one - menstruation. Women are definitely better at menstruation than men are.
Sexist Pig! How dare you point out that differences exist betwixt the two sexes!

Everyone and everything is always equal: AT ALL TIMES!!! #PC #
Scumhook likes this.
Old 12-21-2013, 06:31 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Girl View Post
The poll says: You heard the sports talk. Is Keith sexist?
I feel like the poll should have been worded 'You heard the sports talk. Is Keith BEING sexist?

'Is Keith sexist' seems far too definite and absolute.
Old 12-21-2013, 08:17 PM   #25 (permalink)

Does it have to be an all-or-nothing thing to be able to call yourself a Christian? It certainly seems so. If you follow the teachings of Jesus then they're contradictory to all the evil shit in the old testament (i.e. love thy neighbour my ass), but if you pick some things and not others then the Christians think you're uncommitted and don't qualify, and the atheists think you're in denial and to come back when you wake up to yourself.

I personally think believing in a creator doesn't mean you have to live by a handbook. Jesus preached about being a good person and you don't have to believe in squat to live a life like that and you certainly don't need a bible to remind you to behave like a civilised human being.

Does believing in a creator also mean you have to believe in an afterlife? Again, I'm not so sure about that either. It's nice to think that when I die my spirit will meet all my long dead relatives again, but when I squish a cockroach I don't believe it has a little soul that meets its dead cockroach buddies.

Who the heck knows what to label me as? Chemda's probably closest to the mark. I was raised in a family that went to church and sunday school and when you are exposed to that young enough it probably makes a permanent imprint that can't be shaken no matter how much logic is applied.

I'm contradicting myself and I'm a hypocrite...sounds pretty Christian to me :P
Old 12-21-2013, 08:22 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scumhook View Post
I don't think Keeth is sexist. Women's sports are more boring than Men's sports, and less boring than children's sports.

It's just a fact. Women are not as good as men at sports.
I don't know if women aren't as good, but I think in a lot of sports they just aren't as intense and I like the intensity of male sports.

I love women's tennis. Aside from the awful grunting, you can see the strength in it and the ferocity.
frog likes this.
Old 12-21-2013, 10:37 PM   #27 (permalink)

Is the Winter Olympics' event The Luge a man or a woman's sport?

Last edited by WSEIII; 12-21-2013 at 10:42 PM. Reason: wrong spelling
Old 12-22-2013, 02:16 AM   #28 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Keith is not sexist. Chemda thinks because she rephrases what Keith says shows that he is sexist but doesn't realize that by rephrasing it, she is potentially adding a sexist connotation that Keith might not have meant. Chemda and Keith argued two different points, Chemda was being specific to this couple while Keith was trying to argue a more general point. And the last sentence that Chemda is saying makes Keith sexist is referring to what Keith and Brolo believe is the reason the guy is not going to his girlfriend's games so, if anything, it means the boyfriend is sexist not Keith.

Also women do not typically play baseball, they play softball which different rules and equipment that does change the flow of the game. Keith is already bored by baseball so it is relatively safe to extrapolate that softball would bore him more.

As far as whether or not it's sexist to ask if women could compete in the same sport with men, the Williams sisters said that they could beat any man outside the top 200 male tennis players. A man ranked 203 accepted the challenge and easily beat both 6-1 and 6-2.

And yes the WNBA is silly. ESPN made a graphic for the special occasion for the first time in the several hundred games so far, that a single player dunked twice in one game.
Keith, Ranz, Sashi and 2 others like this.
Old 12-22-2013, 03:12 AM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freil View Post
I love women's tennis. Aside from the awful grunting, you can see the strength in it and the ferocity.
Yes, the ferocity.

And the strength.

And the short, short skirts...
JSZilla likes this.
Old 12-22-2013, 03:59 AM   #30 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

You don't go watch your girl play baseball because you love baseball. You go watch your girl play baseball because you love your girl. If your love of your girl doesn't outweigh your hate of the game, you're in the wrong relationship.

That's just good science.