Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Have we seen the last of JFOD's manic attacks?
Yes 3 5.08%
No 56 94.92%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree42Likes

Old 01-17-2014, 07:47 PM   #21 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I'm really, really glad JFOD is doing so well and hope he is able to continue it. I voted no due to being in the mental health field and knowing the relapse rate. What sucks is that a person with Bipolar disorder can be doing everything they are supposed to do but an outside trigger fucks it all up. He has a great support system in place though and seems to be pretty in tune with his body. As long as he continues to recognize his triggers and stays consistent with the medications, he'll be fine.
jesikat and Enunciated Piffle like this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 01:10 PM   #22 (permalink)

Anti-social

Hey guys! So a rarely participate on the threads and I've written in like twice or something. But I had to point something out so here it goes.

I think there's often this misperception about what the word "anti-social" means. I noticed in this episode when you guys were talking about traits that comedians have, antisocial was brought up and I don't recall exactly what Chemda said but it made it sound like antisocial is someone who doesn't like to socialize or is a recluse/introvert. Which would be incorrect, that would be an "asocial" person - like an asexual person is not interested in sex, an asocial person is not interested in socializing. .

An individual with antisocial traits is considered antisocial because they're behaviors work against (anti-) what may be considered socially appropriate. They often times participate in acts that may knowingly harm another person with little or no remorse for doing it. Example of this may include:
-shitting in a shake and serving it to someone
-putting cocaine in orange juice, possibly enough to kill someone
-having sex with a girl they're not attracted to and then cumming in her hair
-putting semen in ice cubes and then serving it to someone.
They usually also have a history of harming animals - like placing a mouse on a sticky pad and then opening the sticky pad and watching the mouse tear apart.
...and usually have a history of property destruction - like making a hole in the wall of an apt and filling it with sugar so the apt will be swarmed with ants.

They also can be gregarious. Socializing easily with people and in many cases can be charming. The destructive traits only come out when they feel slighted- like being yelled at by a random elderly man on the street and taking his cane and throwing it.

They often also participate in criminal behavior - such as cashing false checks. A large percentage of people with antisocial personality disorder will end up in jail/prison (I want to say like 70% but don't quote me on it) at some point in their lives.

Another feature with people with antisocial traits is the lack of empathy/mirror neurons (mirror neurons is a really interesting concept but I can't really go into it right now because it would take another paragraph to do). This actually causes them to be unable to relate to people. This may cause them to have trouble liking movies in which the focus is character development or human tragedy because they are unable to empathize with such characters. They may be more apt to enjoy movies with a lot of action/violence or other forms of stimulation. So there movie reviews may tend to clash with those of the public. They may also be unable to relate to or understand peoples motivations for doing things and can come up with rules like "one strike and your dead" where harm should come to those who don't agree with or act against what they believe is correct.

I work in the mental health field and work with a lot of personality disorder patients and I can tell you the most difficult to treat are anti-social patients. They usually have a very difficult time establishing connections with other people which makes it very difficult to establish a therapeutic rapport with this population. Unfortunately, with the natural course of this personality disorder type, it usually leads to two inevitable conclusions (unless they actually do connect with a therapist/psychiatrist and change). They either end up in prison with a loooong sentence..or…they burn out - meaning the traits that made them antisocial slowly fade as the person succumbs to old age and cannot be as manipulative as they were in the past, they also eventually learn from there past mistakes and attempt to work within the context of societal standards, even though they don't agree with them and it's really "everybody else's problem".

Of course, the above are people with a diagnosis of Anti-social personality disorder and not just anti-social traits….the latter being something I think Keith would totally be labeled as having on a personality inventory test. But this also may be why he is one of the best comedians I have heard and why I have listened to every episode since I stumbled across my first episode (when you guys were still in the double digits) called "Crazy White People" with Andrea as the guest - think that was it, I actually didn't look it up its just burned into my memory as it was hilarious.

And of course Chemda adds immensely as I too am a middle eastern-ish (I'm actually pakistani) gay male attempting to figure out if I should completely abandon family and culture for my own happiness although I know this works heavily against what was engrained into me from birth - a struggle I feel Chemda faces regularly and I always enjoy hearing her personal experiences. In some ways Chemda is "overly-empathic" and this probably adds to her strong abilities to interview - she has very active mirror neurons. She can actually feel stories that being narrated to her and this may be why she can be brought to tears quickly. I think it may have been for the best that both of you met as Chemda may have actually done what a lot of mental health professionals couldn't and reformed Keith while Keith may have taught Chemda to be indifferent to societal standards and that it's okay to "harm" someone by disappointing them.

Blah, I digress. Anyway, just wanted to point it out. Thanks for all the amazing episodes and, I promise, as soon as I start making decent money I'll become a more contributing member (financially).
flerchin, littlp, Sparrow and 3 others like this.
Old 01-19-2014, 06:05 PM   #23 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

whoa...that was one hell of a 5th post
Keith, Blitzgal, flerchin and 3 others like this.
Old 01-20-2014, 11:41 AM   #24 (permalink)

Jesus Danny was über whiny on this one. Dude you're way more interesting when you're Bad Danny, not pussy Danny. If it means anything this post was made with love.
Old 01-21-2014, 02:46 PM   #25 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

I love JFOD! I was so happy to see that he was the guest. Great show as always.
Old 01-21-2014, 11:39 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of the Cock Rings View Post
Sure, but can they use homophones like there/their/they're correctly?
Yes, my apologies I wrote this a little quickly and the grammar is just terrible. Just work around it.
Old 01-22-2014, 02:06 AM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-mizzy View Post
...just terrible. Just work...
fucks sake!!!

Do you know how fucking annoying people who repeat words are?

Your going to have to work on your grammar.

On a somewhat unrelated note:
Old 01-22-2014, 02:08 AM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of the Cock Rings View Post
Sure, but can they use homophones like there/their/they're correctly?
I was at a gathering of homophones recently.

Here's our group shot:
Old 01-25-2014, 03:56 AM   #29 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Chemda called the cops for a 10 minute delay...? (yes it was 10 minutes in hindsight) WTF..... I mean I get it, the guy was a bit of a dick.... Although only Chemda heard him 'chuckle'... but really... the cops?
Old 01-25-2014, 05:25 AM   #30 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

"We can't get your car out now. Come back tomorrow."

What would you do?

"Okay. See you tomorrow."