Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Is it weird that Keith showers after sex?
Yes 18 26.47%
No 50 73.53%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree52Likes

Old 01-24-2014, 03:22 AM   #11 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enunciated Piffle View Post
It's a bit silly to suggest MMA is safer than Football The latest UFC fight, (#168) had Anderson Silva break his leg, (gruesome video below) and also had Ronda Rousey vs Meisha Tate, (2nd video below [although a different UFC fight] Ronda wins by doing an 'arm bar' where you bend the opponents arm backwards against the elbow - until it breaks
Sure MMA's hardcore as fuck Piff Daddy, but it's still safer than football. I'll see you Anderson Silva's leg break and I'll even spot you Corey Hill's. That's two leg breaks in 20 years of UFC. Meanwhile I'll raise you Bowman, Eric Foster, Eric Wood, Deon Butler and EJ Henderson to give you five leg breaks in the last 5 years of NFL.

And pshaw on the armbar. 100,000,000,000,000 mofos get armbarred every day with no injuries because they choose to tap out. Once in a while you get a case like Meisha's where the fighter gets in a samurai mood and refuses to tap, out of some kind of bushido pride, but those are as rare as cussless Scummo posts.

On the plus side the NFL is at least trying to catch up to the UFC in concussion treatment. UFC fighters are suspended for months, not just from fighting, but from training, after concussive injuries. It's only in the last two years football players have been prevented from retardedly returning to the field in the same game in which they've been concussed.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 03:43 AM   #12 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumbnail View Post
Robert's account of having a new baby is totally true. I guess we're all evolving towards an age where you don't really have to pretend you instantly bond with a baby. It's really weird, you love the baby the secon he's born (I blame hormones) but you have no clue what the crying means (hunger? poop? being a douche nozzle?), you don't know that little person. Then, slowly, the kid starts to smile and interact and it truly is the best thing ever. Also, impossible to describe to people without children, mostly because we lose so many brain cells due to not sleeping that we become stupid and dislearn teh inglesh lungage.
I think the "you love the baby the second it is born" thing can not really be understood until it happens to you - no kids myself so to me it sounds very strange.

I had a chat with my aunt about it once and she told me that for her first baby there was trouble during the birth so they knocked her out completely to do a C-section so the first time she saw the Baby was a few hours later.
She said that for the first few days she had a bit of a hard time "realizing" (for lack of a better word) that this was really her kid and there definitely was no instant magical bond. Bonding happened quickly enough but definitely not instant.
Old 01-24-2014, 04:04 AM   #13 (permalink)
38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanfear View Post
She said that for the first few days she had a bit of a hard time "realizing" (for lack of a better word) that this was really her kid and there definitely was no instant magical bond. Bonding happened quickly enough but definitely not instant.
That is absolutely true. It's an incredibly surreal experience, having a baby, meeting a new person THAT YOU MADE, knowing that he relies on you to survive, bringing the baby home (that's soooo weird) and then sitting there and going "now what?"

The one thing that I admit to being quite magical in my experience is this kind of recognition, the feeling that even though you just met the kid he always existed. Maybe it's the bond that happens during pregnancy or maybe (again) just hormones and some primal instincts kicking in but that was a great feeling. Then again, I don't really remember the first 3 months of his life due to sleep deprivation so I may be thinking of some movie I saw.
Enunciated Piffle likes this.
Old 01-24-2014, 04:39 AM   #14 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucho View Post
And pshaw on the armbar. 100,000,000,000,000 mofos get armbarred every day with no injuries because they choose to tap out.
Agreed.

I'm actually a big Ronda Rousy fan. She's vicious. She holds grudges. She looks mean as shit and she wins. My kind of woman.

Watching UFC 186 you can see that Meisha learned her lesson. Truth be told, she should have tapped, (when Ronda had her in an arm bar) but stupidly and arrogantly persisted - which forced Ronda to take it to the next level.

I'm a Bob Kelly fan, but his whole 'my kid's gonna be evolved / not do football / DO MMA horseshit just reeks of phony New Age type thinking. Both are dangerous sports. Both brutal.

Also: There's an argument that American Football players helmets actually give players false sense of safety. They hit harder and with their head. A thing they might not do without.

Many heads in MMA think the fingerless gloves are no bueno as the exposed fingers can, (and do) scratch eyes. So, both sports could be safer...you could argue....who gives a shit?

Last edited by Enunciated Piffle; 01-24-2014 at 04:50 AM.
Old 01-24-2014, 05:52 AM   #15 (permalink)

i going to be ssick
Old 01-24-2014, 08:37 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucho View Post
And pshaw on the armbar. 100,000,000,000,000 mofos get armbarred every day with no injuries because they choose to tap out. Once in a while you get a case like Meisha's where the fighter gets in a samurai mood and refuses to tap, out of some kind of bushido pride, but those are as rare as cussless Scummo posts.
Miesha Tate's arm was totally fine after that. Nothing was broken, only torn and dislocated. She was perfectly fine about 3 months later.

The moral is that bodily harm is nowhere as bad as successive concussions like the NFL or boxing (standing 8 count is fucking stupid).
Enunciated Piffle and Tank like this.
Old 01-24-2014, 08:37 AM   #17 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Bob Kelly is that dude man he's so smart funny open to talk about anything.
JSZilla and ssgtballard like this.
Old 01-24-2014, 08:44 AM   #18 (permalink)

Yeah. He really is a great guest.
Old 01-24-2014, 10:27 AM   #19 (permalink)
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

I love Robert Kelly.

Showering after anything is fine.
Old 01-24-2014, 11:40 AM   #20 (permalink)

Are people calling Bieber a "thug" this morning?
Keith, Bucho, JSZilla and 4 others like this.