Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Who would you rather be friends with?
Ralph Malph 9 50.00%
Potsie 9 50.00%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree8Likes

Old 01-27-2014, 04:27 PM   #1 (permalink)

1913: Peace and Love

Share this episode: Peace and Love (Keith and The Girl) - Comedy Talk Show & Podcast

Subscribe for free: Keith and The Girl podcast on your iPhone, iPad and iPod with iTunes
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 07:52 PM   #2 (permalink)

Keith your movie breakdowns are awesome. Hope to keep hearing them. This was the first time I've heard you have anything against robots since I started listening in july though. I got my VIP a few months ago and since I've been listening to all the old shows and enjoy your HUAR rants so much, I'm wondering if the robots got to you and silenced your revolution. I also just listened to an episode where you two totally go off on cats and dogs screaming "FUCK EM!" amongst many other tings. That was a 180 for the better buddy. I very thoroughly enjoy you fuckers pretty much every day.
Keith, The Girl, Bucho and 3 others like this.
Old 01-27-2014, 08:30 PM   #3 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Thanks. And no worries, I'm still as anti-AI as I ever was.

Regarding dogs and cats: I hated other people's shedding monsters, drooling animals, etc. But Hugsy Malone is a peach. I hate kids' vomit and crying, but I know I'll love little Michelin Star Malley.

I'll fill you in on what's going on with robots shortly. Our newest challenge is these 3D printers. What do you think they'll print out first if given the chance? Themselves. They'll make more of themselves. You'll come home one day and you'll see that one printer printed out 9 other printers, and believe me, that ain't good news.

Hugsy knows where the Windex is at all times.
Old 01-27-2014, 09:33 PM   #4 (permalink)

Those things are crazy. If I ever come across one I will do my part and destroy it.
Old 01-28-2014, 03:18 AM   #5 (permalink)

Poison Lyrics

I've got a solid 4 minutes on Poison lyrics and Keith might be the only person who could possibly give a fuck but this lyric always stuck with me;

I can't wait to get my hands on them
I won't give up until they give in

Now I'm not lookin' for a love that lasts
I need a shot and I need it fast
If I can't have her, I'll take her and make her

That's from "I Want Action" off Look What the Cat Dragged In. You know, the album where Bret Michaels threatens to RAPE anyone who says no to his sexual advances?

Look What the Cat Dragged In was the album that came out before "Open Up and Say Ahhhh" a record that was pulled from the shelves and had the cover replaced because is was "too suggestive."

That suggestion was oral sex. Although I don't see how, Bambi (the model) clearly has several medical defects that would RUIN oral sex.

Love the show!
Host What's Up Amsterdam Podcast
I knew Bob Crane, I partied with Bob Crane, you sir, are NO Bob Crane
Old 01-28-2014, 06:29 AM   #6 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

The percent precipitation is not based on the historical average. What the percent actually means is - if the chance is 30%, for example, that means 30% of the area described (i.e. New York area) will see some rain or snow. The other 70% will be completely dry.

Keith's description makes more sense, but above is how it works.
flerchin likes this.
Old 01-29-2014, 01:27 PM   #7 (permalink)
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

A gift for Keith:
Top 10 Unpleasant Facts About John Lennon - Listverse
Old 01-29-2014, 01:35 PM   #8 (permalink)

Chemda (no autocorrect, not Chanda...) - Don't listen to Keith, 'Her' is fantastic.

That said, Keith's review was hilarious.
Old 01-31-2014, 02:44 PM   #9 (permalink)

Lip synching

Just listened to show 1913, and it grates on me whenever Keith talks about lip synching and how "obvious" it is. I want to go through a few of the acts I caught while my girlfriend was watching the Grammys.

Yep, Pink (P!nk? whatever) was clearly faking it during the Cirque routine, and I agree it's lame. I'm in agreement with Keith that it's impressive in its own right, but don't try to fool me by fitting her with a headset mic while playing the exact studio track over it. But after she came down and started that song with the fun. dude, she was clearly singing live (and hoo boy with those forced/missed notes by the fun. guy, he was clearly singing live as well). Pink has a good voice and sang her part nicely.

John Legend displayed his amazing live "impress all the soccer moms" voice, although his performances that I've seen never have any true emotion to them, so it's such a waste. Swift wasn't lip synching, but it's not exactly hard to sing on key with her material. Also, her piano playing is boring as shit, just like her guitar playing and vocals, because she only learns enough to barely get by for live playing. The country kid "debuting a new song" or whatever was certainly live, because you'd never record a vocal track that missed so many notes and was so poor sounding in general.

Beyonce is always on-key live and usually not lip synching, even though she usually has overpowering backing tracks. I don't understand why, but she was lipping the solo part of the song, then was live later with Jay-Z to finish it. Also, wtf was up with Keith calling her a prostitute and a whore? She's a bitchy diva for sure, but can we please encourage sexy stuff on network TV instead of being nonplussed? At least say she looked like a stripper, not a whore, but maybe I'm just being pedantic and that's what Keith meant.

I do agree with Keith that adding a piano to One was too much. There's already enough stuff going on in that song that it ended up a garbled mess, even though the Asian dude was obviously a master. Can we stop the collaborations and general sucking of Beatles dick, by the way? I'm sick of seeing watered-down performances filled with old farts.
Old 01-31-2014, 03:19 PM   #10 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

The beginning of your post made it sound like you had a lot of beef with me. Turns out you simply wish I called Beyoncé a bitch instead of saying she looked like a whore.