Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: What's the best Sherri Berry?
White chocolate with decorative swizzle 8 17.78%
Milk chocolate with nuts 9 20.00%
Dark chocolate with chocolate chips 28 62.22%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree90Likes

Old 02-05-2014, 01:06 PM   #11 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I was not abused at all, pretty much had a really good childhood but I do remember super vividly how I tried to come to my mom when I was around 12/13 and told her I was worried that the other kids didn't like me (probably some super mild bullying) and she reacted with a 'I don't care/whatever/your problem' statement and that is one of the reasons why I still don't have a close relationship with my parents.

Other example: she rarely told me she was proud of me, I remember various times when report sheets came out where her reaction was 'ok but you know your cousin did better why can't my kids be good at school' or one of the final straws was when my final high school overallgrade came back way better than my average score over the last years and she said 'but why is there no 1 in front of the comma' (= in US terms I had a B+ and she wanted an A)

Most bullshit of all that story, I later figured out that she bragged about me and my siblings accomplishments to others just never bothered to give us much praise.

tl;dr parents tell your kids when they do good and genuinely try to listen to their issues - they remember if you fuck up

Last edited by Lanfear; 02-05-2014 at 01:09 PM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 03:07 PM   #12 (permalink)

Woody better NOT get any Sherry's berries!
Old 02-05-2014, 06:24 PM   #13 (permalink)
38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

I can relate

When I was 6 or 7 years old (age is a little vague) I was playing hide and seek in an apartment building and while I was hiding on the staircase I heard footsteps coming down the stairs. Didn't think anything of it cause I was too busy just in awe and in such joy of how awesome I am at that moment being the best hider in the world.

He came towards me and ask me what I was doing and the rest of it was all memory flashes. Next thing I know he came close, then the next set of memory I'm sitting on his lap, next thing I feel him touch me and from there, I completely blank-out, complete out of body experience. I continue to see someone make it more real for me because for years it just felt like a dream as well (the same way Chemda mentioned her experience). Because my parents growing up are under the rug kind of people and never talked about feelings and emotion and my mother being a very blame like person I never told her what happen my little self felt I couldn't handle emotionally if she started blaming me for being in the staircase on my own and it was my fault being there. I am 38 years old now and they still don't know. (That's another long story.)

It's crazy you mention high-low and I had no idea you mentioned this on the show before, but because of my experience and also hubby who was neglected by his parents as a child is the very reason we have high-low with our three kids.

Hubby and I make a point every single day to talk to our kids since the day they started comminicating (3 yrs old +). Even when we are wrong, we admit to our mistake to give them a sense of confidence and assurance they have a safe place to talk about who they are, how they feel and how are things in their lives.
Twitter: @Chonilla
========== ==================
NEW! S1-Ep31 What's The Max That I Can Get?

Old 02-05-2014, 06:42 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tryclopss View Post
in an apartment building
Is that code for "the projects"?
Tryclopss likes this.
Old 02-05-2014, 07:03 PM   #15 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Would you classify your level of racist asshole as covert or overt, Scumhook?

I'm going with overt..
flerchin likes this.
Old 02-05-2014, 07:06 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enunciated Piffle View Post
Would you classify your level of racist asshole as covert or overt, Scumhook?

I'm going with overt..
Arsehole level: Overt & flaming like the morning after a nasty vindaloo
Racist level: Neutral. I hate all people equally regardless of race, creed or colour. Apart from niggers, naturally.
flerchin likes this.
Old 02-05-2014, 07:26 PM   #17 (permalink)

Sorry to go to the least important point of the show, but I wanted to give you exhibit A in the defense of the Lip syncing crowd to why you use a recording. This is the worst performance at a major event ever!

;-)
Old 02-05-2014, 07:47 PM   #18 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Meat Loaf playing some obscure picnic on Kangaroo Island hardly counts as evidence

Sorry
Scumhook likes this.
Old 02-05-2014, 07:51 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Meat Loaf playing some obscure picnic on Kangaroo Island hardly counts as evidence

Sorry
When the SuperBowl has 100k attendance every year, get back to me!
Old 02-05-2014, 07:52 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:

Sorry