Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

Old 12-23-2005, 01:58 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

192: Cinnamon Bread

"Do you know what dead mouse smells like?"
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 04:33 PM   #2 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

don't tease us keith, it's not nice to tell us there's a show when it's not up on libsyn yet.
Old 12-23-2005, 04:48 PM   #3 (permalink)

So true... it's not coming through in iTunes yet either...

But thanks for doing another show before christmas... I've still got work tomorrow :/ which will most likely consist of repeating: "No we don't have any more f*cking iPod nanos - it's christmas eve for christ's sake - what do you expect?" over and over...
Old 12-23-2005, 05:00 PM   #4 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aptmunich
So true... it's not coming through in iTunes yet either...

But thanks for doing another show before christmas... I've still got work tomorrow :/ which will most likely consist of repeating: "No we don't have any more f*cking iPod nanos - it's christmas eve for christ's sake - what do you expect?" over and over...

this was the best post EVER!
Old 12-23-2005, 05:16 PM   #5 (permalink)

Thats a shame with the lack of nano's
Old 12-24-2005, 01:22 AM   #6 (permalink)

What the hell what that guy talking about having inside connections with the Colts. He was notified by his 'sources' on Saturday, but ESPN had a report that it was believed to be Suicide on their website on Friday. Also, do not think that being a sports talk radio host automatically means that you are the right person to discuss and learn sports from-it only means you like sports...and you are good at the internet. In order to teach people a subject (such as sports), you must be able to handle the social aspects as well, and no matter how many stats you memorize, or radio shows you post over the internet, the way you handle other people will always lead to you looking like a jerk.

I am also a socialologist and if you want to talk about talking to other people or you just need me to teach you something, hit me up on skype or IM. Thanks buddy.

nano's suck

and I haven't exactly listened to the rest of his e-mail response. Hopefully he doesn't turn out nice in the end.
Old 12-24-2005, 06:01 AM   #7 (permalink)

Hmm. If people were accusing you of murdering your husband, gold digging and contributing to his own inevitable downfall, you might consider letting him speak for himself and take responsibility for his own suicide. At least I always thought that was the thinking behind the selective publication of Kurt Cobain's journals. Instead of continuing to battle the fans that were trying to get to him through you, it would make sense to give them a direct line to the man himself so that they could see first hand the turbulent nature of his brilliance and how that turbulence consumed him.

I thought the most heartbreaking aspect of those journals was how completely unprepared Kurt was for universal fame and fortune--it's hard for people to grasp how much he didn't want that. A few months before the release of Nevermind, he was still working up the courage to haggle with his indie record company for gas money.

And, of course, it was also clear how much he loved Courtney, which may have the taint of an editorial hand, to be sure, but if you believe and are attracted to the man's music for his integrity then you would have to take that at face value too. Whatever the case, I think it was a far more personal decision than a financial one.
Old 12-25-2005, 08:59 AM   #8 (permalink)

Merry Christmas

Started off my Christmas Day opening gifts with my family, the proceeded to next listen to the newest episode, to get me into the christmas spirit of course. The show got me thinking about when we had mice in our basement. My mother and I decided that sticky traps were slow torture so we just used the regular traps. We try baiting it with lots of stuff but what worked best was little pieces of red licorice with a bit of peanut butter. Our deal was who ever saw the dead mouse first had to remove it from the trap, I only had to do it several times (becasue I would conviently not see it) but when ever I think back I just remember the smell of licorice. So cinnamon dead mice I'm not so sure about, my mice smelt like cherry licorice.
Old 12-26-2005, 12:31 PM   #9 (permalink)

Mice smell like mouse shit, which smells of mould in gassy bellies.
Old 12-26-2005, 12:42 PM   #10 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Oh Goatboy...