Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: The Super Bowl Halftime Show
I'm okay with how they run the sound now. It's what they have to do. 27 47.37%
It's bullshit. They promised a "live" show. 30 52.63%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree20Likes

Old 02-05-2014, 03:50 PM   #1 (permalink)

1920: Li(v)e

with Nick Vatterott

www.twitter.com/NickVatterott

https://twitter.com/TechOttawa

Share this episode: Li(v)e (Keith and The Girl) - Comedy Talk Show & Podcast

Subscribe for free: Keith and The Girl podcast on your iPhone, iPad and iPod with iTunes

Last edited by Keith; 02-05-2014 at 05:43 PM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 08:33 PM   #2 (permalink)
Administrator
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

The entire Superbowl is one great big ad. The broadcast I watched was 4 hours long and I had to hit skip countless times to get passed all the ads (we weren't treated to the US ads here in Australia). The game only goes for an hour, right? They won't put on a marching band or something else because the spectacle isn't as great and the money they can earn from having Bruno Mars would far outweigh any other type of act that could be on stage and off again in such a quick changeover. They get the bands on to attract the people who wouldn't normally watch the Superbowl - that's it. They get their viewers, they are happy.

I agree that they shouldn't be trying to give off the impression that the band is playing live when they aren't. If I can tell that they aren't playing, why would I want to go pay money to see them in concert - is that what they are going to do there too?

It's a great opportunity for the artists to be in front of that many people, sure, but at what cost to their integrity as a live band if they can't showcase what it is they are trying to advertise?

What a conundrum.
Old 02-05-2014, 09:02 PM   #3 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Chemda sounds crazy about the halftime show. I feel like this is the equivalent of the people who write letters that they are offended by whatever dumb thing the show touched on and wasn't when actual offensive things were brought up every day before that. Performing live happens to be something important to her. The vast majority of people don't care about it. They might find out it was lip synched, and they still won't care. They won't feel tricked. They won't make excuses for anyone. It means absolutely nothing to them. But they suddenly will when something goes wrong and they'll post it on Facebook and laugh at it with the rest of everyone and will only think of that moment whenever Red Hot Chili Peppers comes up forever.
Scumhook likes this.
Old 02-05-2014, 09:02 PM   #4 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Dig the title of this one. Li(v)e

Whoever titled this ep is due a raise with 10% given to Myq Kaplan for trademark purposes..

Last edited by Enunciated Piffle; 02-06-2014 at 08:21 AM. Reason: shorter
Old 02-05-2014, 09:04 PM   #5 (permalink)
Administrator
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Led Zep stealing

Hearing that Led Zeppelin stole - shocking. Here are a couple Youtube clips that highlight some of the stealing;

That sucks!
Enunciated Piffle likes this.

Last edited by bw81; 02-05-2014 at 09:29 PM. Reason: One of the Youtube links was broken
Old 02-05-2014, 09:09 PM   #6 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by starscream View Post
I feel like this is the equivalent of the people who write letters that they are offended by whatever dumb thing the show touched on and wasn't...
#irony
The Girl and Blitzgal like this.
Old 02-05-2014, 09:16 PM   #7 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enunciated Piffle View Post
#irony
I guess. If you like the Alanis Morrisette kind.
Scumhook likes this.
Old 02-05-2014, 10:51 PM   #8 (permalink)

Another person who became a "celebrity" from a bad situation is Jodi Arias. In 38 days or so a judge or grand jury will be deciding if she gets the death penalty or life in prison. I say lock her up for life or at least til she's 85 and then we can go on with our lives without hearing about her again.
Old 02-05-2014, 10:55 PM   #9 (permalink)

If the RHCP had plugged in a couple of dummy wireless pickups, then all the wankers baawwing about how raped they feel about non-live audio wouldn't have had a fucking clue, and they all would have been very happy (or not) with the 1/2 time show.

Tech Andrew's explanation of the sneaky next-level shit was very interesting.

Having said that, cHemmo's idea about a vid was great.

Live music at sporting events is disingenuous. They don't throw a football around at concerts when the next band is setting up.
Old 02-06-2014, 06:42 AM   #10 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

It is absolutely true that Wikipedia is thee go to source for medical information by Doctors. The ED's and ICU's I've worked in the past two or three years have computers whose sole purpose is to provide Medicos and Nurses with quick access to Wikipedia for diagnostic information.