Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: The Super Bowl Halftime Show
I'm okay with how they run the sound now. It's what they have to do. 27 47.37%
It's bullshit. They promised a "live" show. 30 52.63%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree20Likes

Old 02-06-2014, 08:52 AM   #11 (permalink)

a video is like throwing out the baby with the bathwater. the Super Bowl halftime show is not where musicians go to prove themselves. if you're looking for something to move your soul AND your rump-shaker between hot wings and beer, you're watching the wrong show. if you're looking for full live on all fronts, this is the wrong time/place. if you're looking to see something new you might want to buy a ticket for, you're not likely to find it; main street city, baby. it is its own kind of performance. i'd akin it to a Britney show where she's lip synching, but killing group dance numbers; she's a celebrated performer, not as much so a celebrated vocalist. she and her ilk are fronting some really innovative stage tech. the crowd members were wearing light beanies. that kind of production engagement is very clever and impressive.

there is stage magic involved, but magicking the audience is something the stage supports when called to do so. the Super Bowl stage calls for it.

it shouldn't be a standard, i think we can all agree on that, but viewed as what it is, it's a prettying astounding feat to pull off. as a whole it achieved its purpose, was well produced, well performed (whatever that performance called for, however unorthodox for a single set), and well pulled off.

it's not live enough so let's pull all the live elements? chemda. c'mon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aunt_helen View Post
Laugh a little, chigger. The world is a fun place.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 09:07 AM   #12 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Yawners.
Old 02-06-2014, 09:08 AM   #13 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
if you're looking for something to move your soul AND your rump-shaker between hot wings and beer, you're watching the wrong show.

Bullshit. It's presented as live? It should be live!

I haven't been a fan of the stupid halftime show for a long time. I love football. I love the Super Bowl. The halftime show could be scrapped and I'd be happy.

But if you say it's live, it should be live! It's supposed to be part of the spectacle, part of the party. It's one of the main reasons marginal (or even non) football fans even watch the show at all. The Super Bowl has to stop misrepresenting what they're presenting. They can't have it both ways.

At least a video would be honest.
Old 02-06-2014, 09:13 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianAlt View Post

But if you say it's live, it should be live! .
one streak of feedback, one guitar cold weathered out of tune you'd be on these forums saying how terrible it was and how with all that money they could have made sure those things didn't happen. please, brian.
Old 02-06-2014, 09:14 AM   #15 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

How about a nip slip?

So what! That gets people talking!
Old 02-06-2014, 09:16 AM   #16 (permalink)

people love nipples. no one likes bloody ears.

so what if it's terrible? big so what to Bruno Mars whose youtube footage would go viral with a big fat SUCK sticker on it.
Old 02-06-2014, 09:17 AM   #17 (permalink)

Boo hoo. Then don't agree to do it if you can't actually perform live. See: Ricky Martin.
Old 02-06-2014, 09:19 AM   #18 (permalink)

get a saxophone to play in tune live in 35* weather
WSEIII likes this.
Old 02-06-2014, 09:38 AM   #19 (permalink)

Danny comes in for 5 seconds and had me hysterical. I'd think he planned all that in advance if it wasn't a random fact check. A+ to Danny. I honestly couldn't care less about the halftime show so maybe I'm not allowed to talk about it but I am a big fan of RHCP so I enjoyed seeing them rock out(or fake rock out I guess) for a couple of minutes although getting only time for one song and choosing Give it Away was a poor choice in my opinion. They have so many way better songs. I really couldn't see accepting a gig where I'd have to fake my art for people although I'm not an artist and have never been offered the money and perks that I'm sure they received so eh.. I can't judge too critically. Nick was a GREAT guest. Very very funny.

Last edited by Eric M; 02-06-2014 at 09:46 AM.
Old 02-06-2014, 10:20 AM   #20 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
get a saxophone to play in tune live in 35* weather
And how can I expect Pink to really be singing as she's doing aerial acrobatics? That'd be impossible!