Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Did Woody Allen molest Dyan Farrow?
Yes 106 82.17%
No 23 17.83%
Voters: 129. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree587Likes

Old 02-15-2014, 05:02 PM   #181 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Hey you guys, even with my black belt level web fu I can't seem to find the link to the newspaper article which said that Soon Yi was "at most 15" when the photos were taken. Any help here?
ssgtballard and PatDixonNYC like this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 05:03 PM   #182 (permalink)
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I really read the whole thread. I really went from being truly undecided to thinking Woody must be innocent.

I have not seen one Woody Allen film.
Old 02-15-2014, 05:39 PM   #183 (permalink)

Simple question, simple answer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gattaca View Post
Thanks for proving my point.

Edit: Also, the fact that you're spending so much time in this thread, writing huge massive replies to absolutely everyone is indicative of quite a few things. I won't start going to ad hominem territory the way you are, but just think about it. Why?
It's because all this misplaced anger is perpetuated out of lies and misinformation. And when people on this thread realize they can dispute none of what I say, NOT ONE FACT, they resort to broad accusations and personal insults. Many even take the added step of blaming me for rape victims who may now suffer in silence, afraid to come forward because someone might remain objective.

You, who have no point, no take, not one shred of anything of value to bring to this discussion, listen to me effectively skewer your false assumptions and un-researched but boldly self-righteous opinions, and then accuse me of smoke-and-mirrors manipulation and lawyer tactics.

Since you have no rebuttal to anything I said about the case, calling me for some reason "immature" and "manipulative" and "really, really hypocritical" is the best you can do. In the face of your inability to dispute ONE FACT I've presented, or even say something intelligent about this subject, you resorted to personal insults. That's all you got.

You want to know why I took the time to set people on this thread straight? Because what they say isn't true, it isn't fair and it isn't right. And just because they align themselves with with a woman who says she was sexually abused doesn't make them good people, or caring people, or progressive or interesting or even empathetic people.

It just means they're people who are willing to ignore massive amounts of evidence including the opinions of Dylan's doctors, an experienced and trusted Child Sex Abuse Clinic who researched this case for half a year, and even two of her siblings who were close to the victim and her mother and who understand the family dynamic that was in play. All of whom say Woody Allen is innocent of this heinous accusation.

Are all of those people starstruck? Are they all secretly pedophiles? How do you brush off all their opinions so easily in favor of what you know about this?

Fine if you people think he molested his daughter in the attic. But believe it from an informed place, and not based on how creepy you think his movies are, or how convincing Dylan's letter was or because he looks like a pedophile or because he married Soon-Yi. Believe it in SPITE of the massive amount of evidence that suggests he didn't do it, and believe it in SPITE of the lack of any credible evidence to prove he did.

I'm not here to convince anybody. I'm just posting on this thread because this needs to be said.
Old 02-15-2014, 06:33 PM   #184 (permalink)

Keith is right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
It's not a hyperbole. Pat meant hysterical, so he typed hysterical.
I did mean "hysterical" -- 1. deriving from or affected by uncontrolled extreme emotion.
synonyms: overwrought, overemotional.

Obviously, my use of this word to describe Chemda's crazed ranting has been interpreted as some sort of insult. It wasn't meant as such.

While you and Chemda were playfully bashing me on the following episode, Chemda observed that when a woman gets passionate about something and starts yelling, some people call that woman a "bitch," but when a man does the same thing, they don't judge. I would counter that by saying that when a man puts on a dress and sashays around saying "hey boys!" some people will call that guy a "fruit" while women wouldn't suffer the same judgment.

Does this mean he shouldn't do it? Absolutely not. To break out of gender roles takes courage, and I applaud Chemda for leading the charge. I also want to note for the record, I never once during the entire discussion accused Chemda of being on her period. Although I strongly suspected this to be the case, I didn't think it was right to say it during the show, even though getting that out in the open might've eased the tension. Hard to say.

To answer the question from another poster, i didn't call you hysterical because I didn't think you were hysterical. In fact, as someone pointed out, you didn't even yell once, which showed a lot of restraint considering I kept knowing more than you about literally every aspect of the case. You were more quietly sarcastic and dismissive, and the word for that is "progress." I'm proud of you.

For what it's worth: The word "hysterical" originally ONLY pertained to women.

1610s, from L. hystericus "of the womb," from Gk. hysterikos "of the womb, suffering in the womb," from hystera "womb" (see uterus). Originally defined as a neurotic condition peculiar to women and thought to be caused by a dysfunction of the uterus.
Old 02-15-2014, 06:52 PM   #185 (permalink)

remedy: orgasms.
Lanfear, JSZilla and PatDixonNYC like this.
Old 02-15-2014, 07:16 PM   #186 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatDixonNYC View Post
I did mean "hysterical" -- 1. deriving from or affected by uncontrolled extreme emotion.
synonyms: overwrought, overemotional.

Obviously, my use of this word to describe Chemda's crazed ranting has been interpreted as some sort of insult. It wasn't meant as such.

I also want to note for the record, I never once during the entire discussion accused Chemda of being on her period. Although I strongly suspected this to be the case, I didn't think it was right to say it during the show, even though getting that out in the open might've eased the tension. Hard to say.

For what it's worth: The word "hysterical" originally ONLY pertained to women.

1610s, from L. hystericus "of the womb," from Gk. hysterikos "of the womb, suffering in the womb," from hystera "womb" (see uterus). Originally defined as a neurotic condition peculiar to women and thought to be caused by a dysfunction of the uterus.
Told ya.
JSZilla and PatDixonNYC like this.
Old 02-15-2014, 07:16 PM   #187 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

And I want to give my heartfelt thanks to the poor doctor too annoyed at having to manually cure hysterical women that he invented the first vibrator.
Old 02-15-2014, 09:26 PM   #188 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
Told ya.
Hey Keith, you weren't just up to "tricks" when you told us Soon Yi was definitely "15 at the most" when the photographs were taken were you? Throw up that link you have when you get a spare 12 seconds. It would sure help ease my hysteria on the matter.
PatDixonNYC likes this.
Old 02-15-2014, 11:31 PM   #189 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

It just hit me: Pat reminds me of Spooky!

I never understood why anyone would argue with Spooky and his weird minutia.

Now here I am with Pat.

And Bucho, YOU I feel like I know. Where's my link? Where's your proof that those pictures were on the up and up? And who knows if there even WERE pictures?

Eat a dick.
PatDixonNYC likes this.
Old 02-15-2014, 11:53 PM   #190 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatDixonNYC View Post
I also want to note for the record, I never once during the entire discussion accused Chemda of being on her period. Although I strongly suspected this to be the case.
If only the ability to show class and be a gentlemen were as simple as going to the store and buying a suit.
PatDixonNYC likes this.