Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Did you know that Shirley Temple was alive yesterday?
Yes 21 22.83%
No 71 77.17%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree63Likes

Old 02-11-2014, 03:26 PM   #1 (permalink)

1924: Think of the Children

Share this episode: Think of the Children (Keith and The Girl) - Comedy Talk Show & Podcast

Subscribe for free: Keith and The Girl podcast on your iPhone, iPad and iPod with iTunes

(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 05:16 PM   #2 (permalink)

I can't believe how much time Chemda wasted crapping on about the fucking judicial system.

Is this going to be the new KATG format??? Keith and the Lawyer??? WTF???

I didn't sign up for this. Please bring back my old KATG and, upon pain of unsubscription, do not ever talk about anything that I personally don't find fascinating.

#C
#FreeWoody
#PatDixonWasRight
Old 02-11-2014, 05:23 PM   #3 (permalink)

Chemda, don't blame sexism. Relisten

You quckily jumped to "fuck you" at an early point when Pat was still sticking to facts. Also, you kept repeating the naked pictures of Soon-Yi at 15 rigmarole when I can't find any source for that. Soon after Ch's "fuck you", K jumped in with calling him a "dick". The fact that you guys are already buddies is the only way I can imagine he kept his objective demeanor. No, I didnt start on Pat's side but your stretching of the facts and mixing humor with serious moralizing doesn't help your argument.
I certainly wouldn't entrust your "one strike and you're dead" policy to this brand of fact checking.
But all this is great listening! Stirring, funny, and compelling. But Pat won in my opinion & not because I'm sexist, just factist.
Thanks all and you are right that I didn't know S Temple was still alive yesterday.
Old 02-11-2014, 05:35 PM   #4 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grampoo View Post
You quckily jumped to "fuck you" at an early point when Pat was still sticking to facts.
That's the Chemda we know. Facts pushed her into the corner so she started cursing.

(E)
Old 02-11-2014, 05:40 PM   #5 (permalink)

Is this another skit? I don't get it..Like a new character thing? Like Evil Danny or whatever?
Old 02-11-2014, 06:01 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
That's the Chemda we know. Facts pushed her into the corner so she started cursing.
No it's NOT. But it seemed that way to me and when you guys called out this listener response as sexism, I disagree. I love you guys but you sometimes stick to your side past where the facts support you. I still love you guys and your show as do (probably) all the fans who get rubbed a we bit wrong by some bit that we disagree with. These subjects which none of us can be sure of and which lay in a fuzzy area where it is either celebrity gossip or a really upsetting subject, are just a set-up for sore feelings and over-reactions. But such fun listening, thanks again!!!
(E)

Last edited by Grampoo; 02-11-2014 at 06:49 PM. Reason: To write "(E)"
Old 02-11-2014, 06:21 PM   #7 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

And it's also okay that you're dead stupid wrong.

And thank you.
Grampoo and Alekseyev like this.
Old 02-11-2014, 06:32 PM   #8 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

I do think Chemda argues some irrelevant points sometimes, but I thought she was great last episode. Pat was obviously doing his lawyer character.
Old 02-11-2014, 06:32 PM   #9 (permalink)

After abstaining yesterday it felt great to be able to contribute to science today before I've even heard the episode.
Old 02-11-2014, 07:12 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sashi View Post
Pat was obviously doing his lawyer character.
Weird how we can listen to the same thing and take such different impressions as "obvious". Keith is obviously having fun with us all with polls like the one yesterday where we vote (ostensibly based on katg's debate with P Dixon to base our vote on) whether Woody did it. Being as strongly dedicated to his certainty of what happened, Keith knows it will non-plus and frustrate all of us liberal, mental types and (I like to imagine) he enjoys yanking our chains. Chemda might just need to fact-check her own material because I don't feel like she enjoys pissing everybody off as much as Keith does. You aren't sticking up for innocent victims as well as you imagine you are when you stretch or make up facts and then get righteously mad on behalf of victims with your head full of slanted facts. Check that nude pics of Soon-Yi at 15 years old "fact" specifically. Chemda, that one really hurt your case in my opinion and you didn't double-check it when Pat called it into doubt, but kinda doubled down and sighted it over and over as fact.