Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Do you feel bad about the mentioned NYC sanitation worker?
Yes 21 50.00%
No 21 50.00%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree20Likes

Old 02-13-2014, 01:30 PM   #21 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean from Australia View Post
Indian women have the most beautiful voices.
Yes, but if Subhah's name were Heather and Danny didn't post pics of her on the show notes...would we even know she's Indian?

Subhah sounded like any other white American girl, is what I'm saying. A white girl who laughs a lot. Too much, some might say.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 01:46 PM   #22 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enunciated Piffle View Post
Yes, but if Subhah's name were Heather and Danny didn't post pics of her on the show notes...would we even know she's Indian?
I probably would have gleaned it from the near constant topic of her being of Indian descent. But my listening comprehension scores are off the charts.
WittyReference and Scumhook like this.
Old 02-13-2014, 03:19 PM   #23 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by starscream View Post
I probably would have gleaned it from the near constant topic of her being of Indian descent. But my listening comprehension scores are off the charts.
What the fuck does this have to do with her actual voice?

If only your ability NOT TO BE AN ASSHOLE were on par with your listening comprehension.
Old 02-13-2014, 03:50 PM   #24 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enunciated Piffle View Post
What the fuck does this have to do with her actual voice?

If only your ability NOT TO BE AN ASSHOLE were on par with your listening comprehension.
You continue to be the best!
Enunciated Piffle likes this.
Old 02-13-2014, 03:50 PM   #25 (permalink)

You horrible mutant, Enunciated Piffle, you just criticized a human being for laughing. You're the asshole here.
Old 02-13-2014, 04:05 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyhatch View Post
You horrible mutant, Enunciated Piffle, you just criticized a human being for laughing. You're the asshole here.
Danny, I can't condone beautiful comedians who laugh as if life weren't a cruel joke that is trying to crush you every second of every minute of every Goddamn day.

Maybe joy is some ethnic thing. It's too foreign to me.
Scumhook likes this.
Old 02-13-2014, 04:07 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by starscream View Post
You continue to be the best!
I'm literally The Worst.

Last edited by Enunciated Piffle; 02-13-2014 at 04:20 PM.
Old 02-14-2014, 01:40 AM   #28 (permalink)

It's weird. Maybe we never got enough mail, besides bills, when I was younger, or my parents were just cheap as hell, but there was never a time where tipping the mailman was part of the deal.

Same goes with tipping the garbage man.

Where does that stop? Hell, in Canada I barely have the same mailman for an extended period of time. They also only drop off, there's no picking up and taking away like can happen in the states. Seeing as I've spent the majority of my adult life in Canada, I wonder if it just doesn't exist here? Possibly that the carriers ARE government employees?

Dude delivers shit like crazy for me. Mostly because I don't have the physical ability to go shopping anymore, but still... When your carrier mentions that you're their most consistent customer... Well, maybe this internet buying doesn't happen in Canada..
Old 02-17-2014, 08:01 AM   #29 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Subhah's laugh was adorable. Would you rather hear her throw up?
Enunciated Piffle likes this.
Old 02-17-2014, 12:18 PM   #30 (permalink)
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredv1214 View Post
You probably thought Newman was the good guy in Seinfeld. Tipping mailmen is a scam that you either have to buy into or suffer having shitty service.
You obviously don't have important mail coming in every day and you don't live in Canada. People are nicer here, including government workers. Even in the USA though, people who collect art or anything of importance consider tipping their mail man for the holidays. I once did this though and the money was returned in my mail box. So they're probably not allowed to do it, but people think it's a nice gesture anyway to not only be friendly, but to also have the possibility of special treatment. For example, if you want the mail delivered to the back or side door instead.

On a side note, our waiters are paid a better wage than those in the USA, so tipping beyond the base amount or anything extra "just because" is arguable. It depends on the city, but I find it's not necessarily the same guilt system in countries outside the USA.

One a side side note, this government employees talk reminds me of what Keith always brings up about bus drivers. He mentioned that you wouldn't need signs in the bus regarding assault if the drivers weren't pieces of shit. I beg to differ. Every fight I've seen on a bus was instigated by a passenger. And it's rare. The fact is, there are so many different types of people in every city including many wackos, and every bus driver is dealing with hundreds of different personalities each day. There's a lot of movement of people in confined spaces. It can't always be the bus driver's fault that you decided to be an asshole on the bus. And I can only imagine how crazy New Yorkers are.
andsoitgoes likes this.