Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Do you feel bad about the mentioned NYC sanitation worker?
Yes 21 50.00%
No 21 50.00%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree20Likes

Old 02-17-2014, 12:26 PM   #31 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

You need to keep in mind that my opinions are based on what happens in the greatest country on earth, not the most perfect country.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 06:26 PM   #32 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirteen View Post
You obviously don't have important mail coming in every day and you don't live in Canada. People are nicer here, including government workers. Even in the USA though, people who collect art or anything of importance consider tipping their mail man for the holidays. I once did this though and the money was returned in my mail box. So they're probably not allowed to do it, but people think it's a nice gesture anyway to not only be friendly, but to also have the possibility of special treatment. For example, if you want the mail delivered to the back or side door instead.

On a side note, our waiters are paid a better wage than those in the USA, so tipping beyond the base amount or anything extra "just because" is arguable. It depends on the city, but I find it's not necessarily the same guilt system in countries outside the USA.

One a side side note, this government employees talk reminds me of what Keith always brings up about bus drivers. He mentioned that you wouldn't need signs in the bus regarding assault if the drivers weren't pieces of shit. I beg to differ. Every fight I've seen on a bus was instigated by a passenger. And it's rare. The fact is, there are so many different types of people in every city including many wackos, and every bus driver is dealing with hundreds of different personalities each day. There's a lot of movement of people in confined spaces. It can't always be the bus driver's fault that you decided to be an asshole on the bus. And I can only imagine how crazy New Yorkers are.
You can't compare two different countries and their systems and act surprised that there are two different results. Stop being ridiculous.
Old 02-18-2014, 11:36 AM   #33 (permalink)
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Cool, I'll just remember to add a mental "FOR USA, PROBABLY NEW YORK, ONLY" tag after each comment like that.
Old 02-18-2014, 01:10 PM   #34 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirteen View Post
Cool, I'll just remember to add a mental "FOR USA, PROBABLY NEW YORK, ONLY" tag after each comment like that.
Well I'm from Texas so you're wrong about New York only. But you would do better to make comparisons among like situations than to compare fundamentally different principles then act surprised that the results are different.
Old 02-21-2014, 02:47 AM   #35 (permalink)
38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

I always throw a 6 pack on the bin for the garbos at xmas and don't think there is a problem if he gets a tip for going above and beyond.
Scumhook likes this.
Old 07-17-2014, 02:17 AM   #36 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer

This Verizone guy...
My mailman is a total dick.
I have watched him pull up, stop, and parcels fly put of the truck.
He refuses to come to my mailbox if my dog is out, behind my locked gate, and will instead look me right in the ees before casually walking away.
I have one corner of my concrete porch away from the front door where water collects.
When I ordered a new hard drive and it arrived on a rainy day do you think this dick put it in the mailbox, near the door, or in the puddle?
I have received one of those yellow envelopes with a boot print in the middle of it.
I had a friend paint a portrait for me. He shipped it in one of the special art envelopes, "Do not bend" etc etc... folded in half.

USPS can lick my rim on taco night.

Also, why was Subhah laughing to herself like everything she said was a little, private joke to herself?
I found that a little grating.
Scumhook likes this.