Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Do you support gay-straight segregation?
Yes 3 2.70%
No 108 97.30%
Voters: 111. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree127Likes

Old 02-13-2014, 04:53 PM   #1 (permalink)

1926: We’re Not in Kansas Anymore

with Ted Alexandro

www.twitter.com/TedAlexandro

Share this episode: We're Not in Kansas Anymore (Keith and The Girl) - Comedy Talk Show & Podcast

Subscribe for free: Keith and The Girl podcast on your iPhone, iPad and iPod with iTunes
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 05:29 PM   #2 (permalink)

Haven't listened to show yet but I voted no to the poll because I could have a friend, in the future, who's gay. I'm not anti Chemda/Lauren, I'm anti gay.
Keith likes this.
Old 02-13-2014, 05:40 PM   #3 (permalink)

Anti-gay segregation

The proposed Kansas legislation is completely unconstitutional. It will likely either not be passed at all or swiftly repealed. Probably, the most pertinent constitutional provision is the Equal Protection clause, the same clause that protects against race and gender discrimination. It reads as follows:

The Equal Protection Clause is located at the end of Section 1 of the Fourteenth Amendment:

" All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws."

The last sentence, the equal protection part, has essentially been the basis of historical anti-discrimination legislation. If someone were to initiate a lawsuit, they could take it all the way up to the U.S. Supreme Court as it involves a clear constitutional issue.

The Kansas legislature seems to be arguing that it would impinge on their religious freedom to not be able to practice such discrimination against homosexuals. The problem is that the freedom to practice religion is limited to the extent that it violates the civil liberties of others. For example, I can't claim that human sacrifice is part of my religion and therefore I should be able to murder my children.

Overall this looks like some backwoods stunt by aging bigots who are bummed that the tides are turning when it comes to sexual tolerance.

Love the show guys! it was nice to meet you during the last L.A. live show.

-Marc

P.S. I am an attorney and I teach constitutional law in CA

Last edited by codefendant; 02-13-2014 at 05:43 PM.
Old 02-13-2014, 06:12 PM   #4 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

I am against segregation based on sexual orientation but as a person who lives in Missouri, I am pro-segregation for Kansas residents. There is A LOT of right wing, GOP nonsense that comes out of there.

...and before I get checked on here, I know Missouri has more that it's fair share of that crap also.
Old 02-13-2014, 06:59 PM   #5 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

RE: The possibility of another Civil War.

Although that's not going to happen, I especially wouldn't want it to happen now living in Texas. The four major cities (Austin, San Antonio, Dallas, and Houston) are becoming more liberal but that state as a whole is still a red state. So if Civil War Redux would happen, these cities would be stuck in enemy territory.
Old 02-13-2014, 07:19 PM   #6 (permalink)

i'd fight to preserve the union. i don't see any reason to reward land parcels and natural resources of reasonable people to assholes for being loud annoying assholes. especially /my/ land. i won't live under hyper-conservative religious control and i'm not leaving this mountain. trying to run me out is about as dangerous a proposition as imminent domaining my birthright. i'm American and the pursuit of my happiness happens here. 'Murica is a silly idea for silly people on both ends. hands off.
Bucho and JSZilla like this.
Old 02-13-2014, 07:25 PM   #7 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

This is kind of unrelated to anything on the show, but I've been eating a LOT of spicy three pepper hummus. It's been super helpful in weight loss. It has not been helpful in the amount of gas escaping my body.

According to my calculations, my asshole is completely open at least one hour per day. Maybe more.

#flatulence

#newLevels

#icanfeelmysoulescapingthroughmyrectum

#help
Bucho likes this.

Last edited by Enunciated Piffle; 02-13-2014 at 10:06 PM. Reason: b hole implications and complications
Old 02-13-2014, 09:48 PM   #8 (permalink)
blu

Ahhh shit.. I voted yes when I meant no. Damn trigger finger.
Old 02-13-2014, 09:52 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blu View Post
Ahhh shit.. I voted yes when I meant no. Damn trigger finger.
AKA Homosexual Panic.

Homosexual panic - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
BlackhatGuy and scottishguy like this.
Old 02-13-2014, 10:11 PM   #10 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Homosexual Panic is a silly term because it was invented in 1920.

Everyone knows there were no gay men or lesbian women back then!