Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Do you know what a fight is?
Yes 69 89.61%
No 8 10.39%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree53Likes

Old 02-21-2014, 01:17 AM   #11 (permalink)

(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 01:18 AM   #12 (permalink)

Stay tuned for future Facebook options:
Old 02-21-2014, 02:50 AM   #13 (permalink)

Of course the athletes at the Olympics don't work on one routine for 4 years preparing for the event. They all have their regular season competitions, world championships etc. It would be like if Gridiron was at the Olympics. The NFL would still play their regular season and have a superbowl.

That said - a lot don't look like they train at all. I've never seen so many athletes fall over at an Olympics. A lot of the Australians have crashed out of their events. I guess it's hard. I've never been in snow.
Old 02-21-2014, 04:15 AM   #14 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

There's been a lot of talk about "corruption" and other dodginess when it comes to the design of the courses for ski/snowboard etc. A lot of athletes felt the Russians took a "we know best" approach and tried to create the courses/half pipes etc by themselves rather than engage the American company that normally does that stuff for X Games, World Championships etc. The courses they designed met Olympic requirements but were very different from all the other courses those athletes compete on the rest of the time. Is it bad to say its hard to claim surprise; it's Russia?!

Meanwhile I'm as disappointed as anyone else at how Australians have performed. We got screwed by the courses. But let's all remember how we won our first gold medal at the winter games, and just be grateful...
WittyReference likes this.
Old 02-21-2014, 05:51 AM   #15 (permalink)
38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

What's with the Pat Dixon references, here and there? Are you not friends anymore? Is there any way you can address this? Will you hate me for asking the question?
Old 02-21-2014, 07:59 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sashi View Post
I agree so much with the breaking random objects in video games for items thing. I play some RPG games sometimes and spent probably 80% of the game going along the walls mashing buttons to find that one wall tile that's hiding the high tier armor.
This is why I have zero guilt looking up the answer online. I'll try to play through myself but if I think I might be missing something, I wiki that fucker.
Old 02-21-2014, 08:22 AM   #17 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

That character Lauren performed early in the show sounded remarkably like Suzi Quattro.
JSZilla and Scumhook like this.
Old 02-21-2014, 08:26 AM   #18 (permalink)

DMV

I use to work at my States equivalent to the DMV and I had the honor of change peoples sex on their license. And we of course never checked. We did need paper work from the doctor and I believe (It's been over 10 years) a new corrected birth certificate.

I can tell you this about it, all of them were sadly on the defensive expecting a fight, which I never gave them. Well, other than to aplogize as I remembered how to do it in the system because it wasn't an easy thing!

I always felt like congratulating them...but some you could tell had a real hard journy and fought some battles to get there and didn't want anything more from me than for me to do my job so they could get on with their life...while writing this, it occurs to me that maybe those we're the people who needed to be congratulated the most.

Damnit, now I feel bad I didn't! My only excuse is that I was younger and was always getting in trouble for what I consider not being your normal jaded bitchy DMV worker!

On a side note, my daughter (16) has just came out as gray asexual, and I swear she'll never have to fight the battles that I saw on some peoples faces while working that horrible job!
Keith, JSZilla and J. Canines like this.

(insert something witty here)
Old 02-21-2014, 12:39 PM   #19 (permalink)

Lauren has quickly become one of my favorite guests. I would grab a beer with that dude anytime
Keith, JSZilla, Jessica332 and 1 others like this.
Old 02-21-2014, 01:46 PM   #20 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Regarding the no campaign in Titanfall, I am one of the people who don't play campaigns in fps games like call of duty because I don't find them fun.

I do like single player games like the Batman game you guys talked about but I play fps for multiplayer only and almost all my friends do the same thing.

I like the fact titanfall makers aren't wasting time on single player just to say they have it. I'd prefer games focus on one element and be perfect rather than be mediocre at 2 things.
WittyReference likes this.