Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Should the junior high school teacher who sexted his 13-year-old student be in jail?
Yes 45 72.58%
No 17 27.42%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree37Likes

Old 02-26-2014, 02:54 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scumhook View Post
I wish the 1st amendment allowed me to kill and rape you for such a stupid post.

As Larry said, the teacher should lose their job; but going to jail is a whole other level of censorship and government intervention.

And we don't even know what sort of "sexting" it was.

I want to hear what Pat Dixon thinks about this topic.
Thank you for sending me a friend request and then saying I should be killed and raped. You are just the kind of friend I need in my life. I can't believe it but I only woke up yesterday and thought how the only type of friend I don't currently have is one who would kill and rape me for trying to be funny. Or was it because I offended your 1st amendment?
Bucho, Blitzgal, flerchin and 3 others like this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 03:02 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritPete View Post
Thank you for sending me a friend request and then saying I should be killed and raped. You are just the kind of friend I need in my life. I can't believe it but I only woke up yesterday and thought how the only type of friend I don't currently have is one who would kill and rape me for trying to be funny. Or was it because I offended your 1st amendment?
I am somewhat of a chiaroscuro sort of friend...

And very nicely worded reply
BrianAlt likes this.
Old 02-26-2014, 03:08 AM   #13 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Fell even a little more in love with Chemda when she said she wants to be having the kind of make-a-fan's-day fun The Great Bill Murray has when she's his age.

By the way let me mention this ... The Great Bill Murray did an AMA recently, confirming once again that he is literally the best - Bill Murray here: OK, I'll TALK! I'll TALK! : IAmA
Sparrow and JSZilla like this.
Old 02-26-2014, 03:52 AM   #14 (permalink)
tim

Hey, Keith and Chemda,

I give a four tons of olympic crap about writing you this letter. The fifth ton is in its way, but not as a technical fuck up, but as an accurately planned example of Russian humor.

I'm a fan of your show, which besides of hours of laughing have brought me a lot — for example, nurtured tolerance in me. When I have started listening to your show I most deffinitely was a homophobe up to the point of angrily skipping the whole episodes of the show. Now I am being a living example of a gay-friendly Russian, so non-homophobic that I am willing to blow Danny just to prove the point. You also played a part in me becoming an atheist, after plenty years in the church school.

I wanted to comment on some of your recent episodes.

Russia and the whole post-Soviet region is indeed place with a stick-in-the-mud mentality thanks to the heritage of decades of the Soviet Union's totalitarianism. It often comes to the absurd point when our elder people praising thouse who simply stole their freedom, property or/and lives. It even would be silly if wouldn't be so sad. Good news are — there are plenty of good people here. Not all of them are ready do blow Danny just yet, but it is getting better and better as one generation replaces another.

I've given up trying to persuade my parents to change their views, while succeeded with some of my friends — and what I have realized is that fighting propaganda with propaganda is just another way to propagate hatred, which is as resultless as it gets. Yet I find that people who have had such a great part in teaching me to be more tolerant, can be so narrow-minded in some aspects. For example, Keith, who obviously is anti-racist doesn't see that calling Ukrainian men "yellowed-teeth-goons" and Ukrainian women being ugly as fuck is no different to usage of the n-word. While it is nothing but different cultures and genetics.

It was weird to hear how scary and horrible Kiev was comparing to civilized United States and yet nothing bad happened, while the first week in NY Keith got robbed and hustled. It is just like that — all countries in the world are horrifying as fuck if you are not fluent in language and not opened to their cultures. (Except cultures like Syrian, obviously, those guys indeed can actually screw themselves.)

It is also quite fun hearing that Putin (— don't get me wrong, he is a dictator, who one day will be judged for corruption and usurpation of the power) became the president of Russia by poisoning his main rival Yushchenko, the elected president of the... completely different country.

And of course it is weird to all of us and most likely corrupted, that the winter-sports leading country took the first place at their own home, it's just never happened, except Vancouver 2010 — Canada, 1st place, Beijing 2008 — China, 1st place, Atlanta 1996 — USA, 1st place, etc. Wolf in the hotel happens to be a Jimmy Kimmel's prank, most of the Sochi's viral photos are fake. Once again, don't get me wrong, when we've learned that Olympics are going to happen in our country we expected only two things: billions of taxpayers' money to be stolen and the whole event to be a worldwide shame — to be fair, only one of those has actually happened.

Reference to a bit older episode: I am wondering how many of your listeners truly believe that you can freely buy alcohol under 20% vol. being underage in Russia? Yes, everything over 20% is alcohol. Everything under — alcohol containing beverage. Both are just bureaucratic terms to determine the excise duty rates and terms of outdoor advertising. And both are not allowed to buy or drink until the age of 18. Those drunk bear-riding Russians.

I have no questions with other people shitting my country and, most likely, we deserved that for not having balls big enought to do what Ukraine people recently did by overthrowing their goverment by losing lots of men in process. Nonetheless, Russia is not Putin, Medvedev or Kozak, as well as USA are not Obama, McCain or Kansas. There are homophobic people everywhere, except in our country they are still representing goverment, even not being legally elected. Someday it surely will change. Having that in mind, to be a bit more tolerant and create a bit less hatred by spreading your wild-Russia-news might be not the worst thing to do, especially if you expect the same from the other people towards you (or towards LGBT community, for that matter).

I am not a fan of putting smiley faces after every other sentence, but considering the recent discussions I'd like to make it clear that in no way this ment to be agressive and as a gesture of a goodwill I'd like to give Keith what he trully deserves, that is to sincerely appologize for the lots of grammatical mistakes and misspellings; watching some of Woody Allen movies; being russian; for all the countries that are not America for not being more like, you know, America; and for stealing Keith's jokes and discources for purely social and non-commercial purposes.

Thanks for what you are doing and the best luck with the marathone,
Dmitri

Last edited by tim; 02-26-2014 at 03:56 AM.
Old 02-26-2014, 05:17 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim View Post
tl;dr
katguh for most impressive 1st post
JSZilla likes this.
Old 02-26-2014, 06:40 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim View Post
Hey, Keith and Chemda,
Dmitri
fuuuuuuuuuuck you! and welcome to the forums.
Old 02-26-2014, 06:43 AM   #17 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scumhook View Post
I am somewhat of a chiaroscuro sort of friend...

Indeed!
Old 02-26-2014, 07:05 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritPete View Post
Or was it because I offended your 1st amendment?
scum isn't american. he's got the vitriol and venom, but not the great honor of being born and residing on these golden shores.
flerchin, JSZilla and Scumhook like this.
Old 02-26-2014, 07:22 AM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
scum isn't american. he's got the vitriol and venom, but not the great honor of being born and residing on these golden shores.
Please tell me he's not British.
Old 02-26-2014, 07:26 AM   #20 (permalink)

Aussie